SamuraiJack

Kingdom Death: Monster 2

I had looked at this when the Kickstarter opened, but honestly, they really don't tell you much about it.  I mean, there's a lot of hype on the Gambler's Chest (which, has been interesting to watch in the updates).  As I also wasn't interested in creating a rift in my marriage, I was not looking at any of the pinup models.  And then on my monthly session with Liz Beckley she did layering on the white lion for their game night.  I was curious, because, really, I hadn't seen much about the game at all.  I went to the KD website and saw that there is a ton of stuff that comes in the core games and I still didn't understand about lanterns.  Then I found some videos showing gameplay.  The lion fight was ok, but when it came to how to begin and grow the settlement a lightbulb went off.  Aha!  Now I understand more...

And now, I find myself in possession of the Lantern pledge.  I tried to get my wife to bite a bit on adding in for a Gold Lantern.  She is supportive, but no additional monies were added to the pot, so for now, I will be content with the core game.  With how successful this campaign was, I am sure there will be another where I can just do updates and get more of the fun stuff.

• Like 1

And now for a little interesting trivia: there are more KD:M backers in Brisbane than in Houston or Boston.

Weird...

At least that's what kickstarter says...

Almost as if Brisbane is a bigger city...

• Like 1

Houston and Brisbane both have over 2 million people.

Boston has 600,000ish lol

Still safe from the KD bug! Will strength is strong for 2017

• Like 1

still holding to my 300~ dollar budget. 

This KS is bringing a lot of new campaigns and options, but since I haven't experienced the original yet I can simply plan to the base game, and wait for BF sales on the best of the new expansions.

The gamblers chest looks like a great deal, but I really only like a few of the sculpts.  

I don't like the way the lion god looks, or what I have heard of his playstyle (endless action loops) so an expansion of it, (which sounds really cool)  is just not going to be useful to me. 

now about that chimera?  sculpt...

• Like 1

I am torn. I like the cat girl, and the Romantic rift girl who is smoking. Plus I like 4 of the pin ups. (Screaming God, Nightmare Ram, Black Knight and Pinup Kingsman)

So I would have to back at least at the Silver Lantern ($195) level and add $60 for the 4 pinups and $65 for shipping. So, $320.00 for 6 minis I love and like 20 some that are cool but not must haves. Plus a staggered release that will be a couple years...

I think I just talked myself out of this for good.

nothing wrong with buying the pinups and others when they come out and you can pick and choose.  I like the sound of the base game and this year I have the disposable income.  over the next few years that may not be as true.  Sort of a buy now, toys later relationship ::D:

• Like 5

Yeah, I'm sticking with the base game.  I can't afford more right now, but I don't really need to.  When the next one comes along I will know that I want specific things or I won't.  The array of adaptability of the core people is pretty amazing though... plus all of it ships this year.  Considering Fate has yet to roll, it will probably arrive the same week my Massive Darkness campaign arrives.  I'll be torn... very torn... and I'm not sure where I'll put it all.  Of the two, though, I know which one I want to play first, so that will probably settle the issue.  So, now, they won't arrive at the same time.

• Like 1

I like the pinups, and all of the promos....and all of the expansions. I like it all. I just don't know that I can come to terms with paying for it all this month. 

• Like 1

price for adding on a gamblers chest just went up to 150$ 

if it is already in your pledge level there is no change. 

To me this just says that the GC is a huge value, and he cant afford to sell them at the original price. 

better that he make price changes now then go bankrupt or have to delay production so he can pay for it. out of his website sales.

- my understanding is that website sales is how he eventually got the first KS finished. 

price for adding on a gamblers chest just went up to 150$  

Where do you see this?  The campaign says it's still $100.  I was only going to get the Gambler's Chest, and 50% increase is kinda big.

I think this was one of Adam's comments about people trying to add in multiples at their current price point by just adding money to their pledge.  

Gambler's Chest, here is what we are talking about internally here. The Add-On price is increased to $150. If you have a Black Friday Lantern pledge, you can add 1 to your rewards for $100. This way, everyone can have 1 at it's original price.

I hope he sticks with this. I only went down from the BF Gold Lantern to a BF Lantern pledge because the GC was the same price either way. I'll definitely add one in the pledge manager at $100.

I'm torn too on the Gamblers Chest and the pinups. I'd rather have the pinups in resin even at a higher price point so I'm thinking of waiting as I hope he does a limited release of them in resin. Same goes for my favorite sculpts in the GC but the game content may make it worthwhile(even though we play very seldom as a filler for RPG's when someone can't make it).

But it's a bit of a gamble as he may never release them in resin.

I'll likely buy the GC and if he releases some of the sculpts in resin pit the plastic versions in the box of goodwill. It's just what to do about the pinups.