Kingdom Death: Monster 2

SamuraiJack

Can someone give me a quick rundown on what the Armor Kits and Narrative Figures do? 

When you kill a monster you can collect their bones, hide, teeth, feathers, organs, etc... and use some of those to craft weapons and armor specific to that monster. It seems that the armor kits allowed you to build up to 4 survivor (hero) models, 2 male and 2 female, with your crafted gear. They were modular, allowing you to mix the armor and weapons from different monsters. This allowed you to build survivor minis that had exactly what they were outfitted with in the game at a certain point. 

Creating survivor minis that are compatible with all of the different weapons and armor means lots and lots of tiny pieces. It's challenging for the sculptors to make them, and challenging for most gamers to make sense of them. The benefit is you get to have character minis that have exactly the armor and weapons that they are carrying in the game. 

The narrative figures are normal multi-part figures that are used for the same thing as the armor kits. They represent your survivors at different points along the game. The narrative figures will be non-modular but more dynamic. You trade the customization and more static poses of the armor kit survivors for an easier to build and more dynamic looking narrative mini. The trade off is you can't outfit the narrative minis with the exact weapons and armor that your game characters are using at the time. 

• Like 2

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this from Clark who is one of the team creators of the game. 

What is a narrative sculpt? A narrative sculpt is a figure that represents a survivor at a critical moment in their settlement's history. Perhaps they are imbued with a singular purpose, gift, or curse or they're using a harmonious set of gear and armor that represents major victories and achievements of their settlement. The sculpts are posed to maximize the drama and excitement of the events that each sculpt represents. Moving forward, these narrative sculpts will be included in future expansions in place of armor kits. They will represent high points of the story that unfold in each expansion. Kingdom Death Pinups are light-hearted reinterpretations of aspects of the deadly serious game. They are not cannon, meaning they do not belong to the world of Kingdom Death and are not playable characters in the game. These are meant for hobbyists and collectors to enjoy, assemble, and paint. They’re created in fun and meant in the spirit of light-hearted send up of everything from monsters to armor sets from the grim dark Kingdom Death world. BOTH will need some assembly. Skill level: novice to moderate. I'm not a modeling pro and they were pretty easy.

• Like 1

Personally I'm really hoping that we'll finally see the Kingdom Death Paladin (been waiting for her since 2014). These work in progress renders are the most up to date ones from mid to late 2014. I doubt she'll make an appearance but I also don't think she's been discarded or completely written off. She's probably part of the heroic character line of pin ups (such as the Thief, the Fighter, the Witch the Dark Paladin etc). They tend to trickle out slowly over time.

paladin_final_sword_by_hazardousarts-d84

kingdom_death__paladin_lance_by_hazardou

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 1

Her footwear makes me cringe. Honestly, she looks completely wrong for Kingdom Death. Way to MMORPG looking for this game. As a Naruto fan I can appreciate that they put Hinata's head on the figure, but otherwise...

The footwear is bad. There were some earlier WIP images with the hair down. The shield is the main selling point for me. It might be a bit too chunky but the shield is an interesting set of contours and surface area from a painting point of view.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

Her footwear makes me cringe. Honestly, she looks completely wrong for Kingdom Death. Way to MMORPG looking for this game. As a Naruto fan I can appreciate that they put Hinata's head on the figure, but otherwise...

Let's face it, none of the Kingdom Death clothing range would fall into the 'practical' category. Most of it seems to be designed by Dr. Frank-N-Furter

• Like 1

Let's face it, none of the Kingdom Death clothing range would fall into the 'practical' category. Most of it seems to be designed by Dr. Frank-N-Furter

Definitely true. Plus I've been the one calling for the Ringtail Fox expansion so I'm probably not one to talk. (=^á´¥^=)

Poots added a new add-on pledge level. Anybody who wanted to just add a select few add-ons without having to get the game components now have that option. Sweet.

xNkJHAP.jpg

I am hoping that this frees up some $200 pledges so I can move down from $300.

Poots added a new add-on pledge level. Anybody who wanted to just add a select few add-ons without having to get the game components now have that option. Sweet.

I am hoping that this frees up some $200 pledges so I can move down from $300.

They come up every so often. I'm sure you'll get one. The Gambler's Chest will probably end up having some amazing stuff, but other than the Deadrock narrative sculpts, I don't have much interest in it at all. 

Man, that last update caused one hell of a dust up. It felt like I was in a behavioral disorder focused elementary school lunch room and the teacher on duty announced that they ran out of chocolate milk, but the kids could still buy a Yoo-hoo for a quarter. Epic brouhaha for an unplanned non-game content add-on. My lantern, as well as my faith in humanity, dimmed. 

• Like 1