Kingdom Death: Monster 2

SamuraiJack

Question about the game and models - because of all of the options on the sprues and in the game its self. If i get this game should i use rare earth magnets to assemble the models or is it better to just assemble the models how i see fit?

There are people who have done the magnet thing with good results, but most of them would likely admit to being crazy. Permanent assembly also allows for more interesting poses, especially if you aren't afraid do some minor modding.

• Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say don't bother magnetizing (unless you enjoy it) with the exception of the wings on the phoenix if you ever plan to transport it

just make minis of your favourite survivors in their moments of doom (or glory) as playable memorials, and maybe a few generics (eg survivor with sword, survivor with bow). A lot less hassle and you can get into the game a lot faster

• Like 2

I toyed with the idea of using magnets for about an hour and then...  I assembled a male and a female with a shield, sword, bow, spear, etc... and we simply use an appropriately armed/gendered (when possible) mini for that character.  

We also randomize who plays which character after decide who to take on a hunt, it helps keep the survivors anonymous and no one gets too attached to "their" character.  During our first game one of my players lost both of "his" survivors in an hour and he was pretty upset (said player has also lost a new D&D character in the first 15 minutes of a campaign, but that's another story for another time...).  

I LOVE some of the new figures.  The archer still holds the top spot for me, but we'll see what comes...   :bday:

And as an aside, Poots posted on the whole "stretch goal" issue: 

"“@Jason, sure I can do that! Please keep in mind that the Gambler's Chest is basically where all the "stretch goals" are going. Last campaign I got far too carried away and ended up ballooning the core game to the point where we lost a good deal of money producing each unit. This time I decided to focus it all into one expandable product. Right now the Gambler's Chest has nearly a score of awesome miniatures and an Advanced Rulebook and like 50ish game cards and counting. This lets me deliver a much better experience in a bit more of a responsible way."Poots

I'm in love with the Romantic Adventurer, that's my new favourite KD mini.

Unfortunately, I let curiosity get the best of me and had a read of the comments, now I'm sad.

Never read the comments on kickstarter projects that beat their goal and go as crazy as this one. I can say there has only been one or two that don't go vitriol or mass confusion with amount of comments on either the updates or the main comment section. 

• Like 1

I missed all the comments earlier today. Sounds like they were.. eventful. I just popped on to check them out and saw that Adam posted this:

Allright, getting official here: Core Games & Upgrade Packs will not be available as separate add ons. Under no circumstance will we combine pledges in the post campaign pledge manager. Unless it appears on the add-on list, or we announce that something is an add-on in an update, it cannot be added as an add-on. I apologize If I have caused any confusion in the past. I reserve the right to change my mind as the campaign continues.

Seems like a sensible decision to me. This thing has gotten pretty huge. I'm sure fulfillment is starting to worry them. 

• Like 3

Another update, another sharknado released onto in the comment section. *sigh*

I honestly loved this update but so many people hate it. I'm beginning to sense a trend. 

Regardless of how fun this update was for backers who are aware of the murder settlement event, it's might a good idea for Poots to take a little break from these types of updates. I certainly wouldn't save them for the end though. 

• Like 1