Kingdom Death: Monster 2

SamuraiJack

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do understand why people are getting a bit freaked out, this is a very weird and unique way to run a campaign and it must be very jarring for the more "mainstream" crowd coming from CMON-style Kickstarters to suddenly be exposed to the Poots way of doing things.

Though people complaining about the value of the Gamblers Chest should probably reconsider if this is the game for them, if they think things are bad now, wait until after the Kickstarter and they're expected to pay $25 for a mini and a few game cards.

However, I do agree it should been an add-on rather than a part of the pledge, it's a lot of money if you have no interest in the minis.

• Like 2

Am I the only one thinking the new threat approaching the settlement looks like a total pain in the elf to assemble from the silhouette?

I think they pain in the elf is standard for KD minis - If I get this one I might leave off the tiny antenna.

but I am intrigued by the shape.  It seems to meet 1/2 my criteria of wanting both cool mini and good game content.  

• Like 2

Honestly he could give everyone 2 figures a day and sunshine and rainbows and people would complain they were not getting enough value.. look at what Reaper goes through with just unavoidable issues

I have to agree with this.  I think he could throw in 2 ounces of pure gold and someone would complain about having to pay the shipping costs.  The internet can certainly bring out the worst in people.

• Like 3

I've had absolutely zero time to follow along in the comments section, could someone just quickly summarize what people are upset about? Is it just the usual 'I feel entitled to more free stuff', or what?

The drama is over the Gambler's Chest and it seems to me that those complaints are coming from people who are only interested in gameplay and not painting miniatures, so every time the GC is updated with a pin-up, they get upset because it's not something that they want but they can't opt out of it and see it as a waste when they could have gotten something that they did want.

On top of that, they're upset that the GC contains items that people can add to their pledges as add-ons instead of purely being a part of an exclusive box.

This last update caused extra drama because of the Murderer murdering one of the slots, as though Poots just reached into their wallets and stole $5 from them. This is probably the whiniest complaint to me because the GC was promised to have 30 slots and is currently sitting at 34 slots so even if he's taking away the murdered slot, (I like the rumour that the murdered slot is actually going to be a dead survivor mini) it's still sitting at 33.

Poots did explain in the comments that he was just having fun due to having rolled the Murderer slot again and that nothing was actually lost from the GC slots.

His last few comments on the matter:

It seems I took things a little too far last night! I admit, I was extremely sleep deprived and when I rolled the murderer it just seemed like an amazing idea!

I just want to assure everyone that it will all be fine! Nothing is really "lost" from the Gambler's Chest.

So! If i really upset you, I personally apologize. It was intended to be fun, not flame everyone.

Just wanted to quickly say that the Gambler's Chest is just a fun way for me to present things. It's all just part of the show! Kingdom Death is a harsh, but I am not. In my sleep deprived state, when the murderer's roll came up... I just couldn't resist! If you were offended I apologize. But there is nothing to worry about.

Finally, the biggest drama over the GC is coming from people who pledged for the $300 Black Friday Gold Lantern that no longer want the GC. They feel like they were tricked into pledging for something exclusive and now because the lower Black Friday Lantern tier for $200 is full, their only alternative is to pledge for the regular Lantern pledge for $250 so they "unjustly" "lost" $50 worth of discount because they went for the "wrong" BF pledge because they were "misled" into thinking that the GC would contain exactly what they wanted.

I think that some people got it in their heads that the GC would be a ginormous expansion pack chock full of monsters and since that's not what they're seeing, they're not happy.

• Like 4

I think Poots should continue exactly down the same route, some of the backers need to grow up.

This, completely. These are people who clearly don't 'get' KD and KD:M in particular. I'm not sure why they're even backing, they're going to hate playing the game, not realizing it's mostly a chronicle of how your settlement died out.

I read in the FB group that someone house-ruled in 'save points' every 3 lantern years. What an awful idea and way to ruin the spirit of the game!

• Like 4

Finally, the biggest drama over the GC is coming from people who pledged for the $300 Black Friday Gold Lantern that no longer want the GC. They feel like they were tricked into pledging for something exclusive and now because the lower Black Friday Lantern tier for $200 is full, their only alternative is to pledge for the regular Lantern pledge for $250 so they "unjustly" "lost" $50 worth of discount because they went for the "wrong" BF pledge because they were "misled" into thinking that the GC would contain exactly what they wanted.

I think that some people got it in their heads that the GC would be a ginormous expansion pack chock full of monsters and since that's not what they're seeing, they're not happy.

I deal with this kind of mindset so often at the library. You either develop ways to deal with it or find a job that's not public-facing. Once I've gone through all my CS protocols and offered all the options, if they still want to be mad, that's ok.

For instance, some people just want me to write their resume for them. I can show them how to use a computer, how to sign up for classes on using computers, computer and resume writing books, web sites for resumes, templates, etc. Then they're mad that I'm not writing the resume. So I sum up the options I gave them and bid them a wonderful day...which makes them even more angry.

It's incredibly selfish and egotistical behavior and doesn't bother me at all. Though I find it a bit sad that people are navigating their one ride through life like that, it's also kinda funny how they don't understand how much of their problem is their own ego, lack of personal responsibility, whatever the case may be at the time.

But I digress....

• Like 7

I didn't think pinups were in the GC? The narrative sculpts yes, but not the pinups.

You're right. I saw them included in the BF Gambler's Lantern Pledge and my brain said that meant they were in the GC.

In that case, it seems to me that Poots was trying to appease the BFGL pledgers but including something for them that still isn't exclusive only to them that other people can't add-on isn't going to do it. Nothing's going to make those people happy anyway.

• Like 1