Kingdom Death: Monster 2

SamuraiJack

I figure the GC is still a long ways from completion, and have no doubts poots has many somethings up his sleeve for it still

Yep. The best things may still be on the way. It wouldn't be the first time that concerned backers would have to eat their hat. 

Not sure that I'll be able to add the G'sC even if it turns out great unless we get an add-on option in the PM. I'm rock solid on the Dragon King & Gorm with the Dung Beetle Knight and Lion Knight close on their heels. That has me tapped out. 

If you want to grab two of the knights then you might as well grab the Flower Knight as well. There is a rules element that links all of the Knight expansions together. After defeating a Knight you gain a handful of tactics cards to build a mini tactics deck with (I believe it's about 2 or 3 cards per knight). Later, whenever you face off against a monster in a showdown phase you get to draw tactics from the deck. These usually give you formations (one of such is that if you have a survivor standing on each of the four corners of a monster's space then you gain combo bonuses against it - another is that if you form up in a two by two square you get defensive bonuses as you all protect each other) to aid in the battle ahead. Having a broader selection of tactics cards to draw from gains a broader range of tactical possibilities.

I believe you have to be fielding a survivor who's faced one of the knights to be able to draw from a tactics deck. I could be mistaken there 'though.

If you don't fancy the Lion Knight expansion then that's totally cool. I just thought I'd try to explain why having all the knight expansions is a little more beneficial than simply being a thematic link.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to grab two of the knights then you might as well grab the Flower Knight as well. There is a rules element that links all of the Knight expansions together. After defeating a Knight you gain a handful of tactics cards to build a mini tactics deck with (I believe it's about 2 or 3 cards per knight). Later, whenever you face off against a monster in a showdown phase you get to draw tactics from the deck. These usually give you formations (one of such is that if you have a survivor standing on each of the four corners of a monster's space then you gain combo bonuses against it - another is that if you form up in a two by two square you get defensive bonuses as you all protect each other) to aid in the battle ahead. Having a broader selection of tactics cards to draw from gains a broader range of tactical possibilities.

I believe you have to be fielding a survivor who's faced one of the knights to be able to draw from a tactics deck. I could be mistaken there 'though.

If you don't fancy the Lion Knight expansion then that's totally cool. I just thought I'd try to explain why having all the knight expansions is a little more beneficial than simply being a thematic link.

Thank you for the info. That's really helpful. I love the look of the Flower Knight and have him on my short list. Do you know if he makes the upkeep harder? I know his items are perishable and complicated upkeep is a struggle for me. 

Thank you for the info. That's really helpful. I love the look of the Flower Knight and have him on my short list. Do you know if he makes the upkeep harder? I know his items are perishable and complicated upkeep is a struggle for me. 

We haven't had any trouble with the upkeep while using him.  Sometimes creating items will add events to your timeline, but that happens so often, it doesn't feel like a big deal.  He's actually a pretty nice little add on to any campaign, since you hunt him to make items and weapons, but not an armor set, so you don't hunt him over and over.

It also comes with a campaign variant where the flower knight raises your settlement.  Mostly, you live near the knight and he gives you resources (also, sometimes people die because you live in his poisonous garden).

A lot less different than People of the Sun or People of the Stars, but a little more than the People of the Bone.

Edited by odinsgrandson
  • Like 3

I feel like nearly every campaign I've followed has had some people talk about how the contents aren't worth it (mostly this happens early in a big campaign where everyone is comparing the contents to the end of another large campaign).

Of course, this is usually because the contents are spaced out based on the speed of the campaign (I've been in some where they actually shortened a lot of the stretch goals because they had mis-judged the pace the campaign would move at).

• Like 4

Her. The Flower Knight is female. it's all in the hips and the contour of the central keel of her breastplate. The fans worked it out originally during the first kickstarter campaign. I believe it was eventually confirmed. She's a graceful dancer. Kind of like a ballerina.... with a sword.

I haven't played against the Flower Knight yet but I am aware that her flowers are perishable. I believe there's some kind of complicated story events that trigger that can allow new flowers to grow (don't want to give too many spoilers here but it's done in a manner suitable for the Kingdom Death style).

Well, if you're like me and trying to build the rare Green Knight armour set then you need pieces from the Lion Knight, the Flower Knight, the Dung Beetle Knight, the Gorm, the Manhunter and the Core Game.

It's insane! I'll probably never be able to pull it off but it's a nice goal to set myself. Perhaps it will happen eventually. Getting that Lion Knight right claw, the Manhunter's Heart or the dung beetle Old Master on the quarry list are probably going to be the hardest parts (which will basically be pure luck really).

Well, if you're like me and trying to build the rare Green Knight armour set then you need pieces from the Lion Knight, the Flower Knight, the Dung Beetle Knight, the Gorm, the Manhunter and the Core Game.

It's insane! I'll probably never be able to pull it off but it's a nice goal to set myself. Perhaps it will happen eventually. Getting that Lion Knight right claw, the Manhunter's Heart or the dung beetle Old Master on the quarry list are probably going to be the hardest parts (which will basically be pure luck really).

On a completely unrelated note Candy and Cola aren't for me. They're a Ninja Division tie in. Cipher Studios (and Ninja Division) killed off Hell Dorado - a game I frequently still enjoy. I wouldn't feel comfortable owning a Ninja Division cross promotional figure no matter how much gameplay she provides. I'm sure there will be a few other promotional figures to tempt me. Knowing how my budget's currently playing out not being tempted by one of the crossover figures is a bonus right now :).

No hard feelings towards any of you who like her. She's great, you like her. I just won't be joining you in the Candy & Cola fan parade. That's all :p.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 1

I'm really excided for the chest if it includes a lot of the hybrid armor stuff as getting a full set can be very hard.

As for the knights the Dung Beetle is probably my favorite as it's about the only non-human thing in Monster that actually would be considered caring or copasionate and it's actually sad to fight it but also has some really good stuff.

Also I wonder if the Traveler mentioned in the Candy and Cola description is the next expansion beast  mentioned as approaching in Friday's update?

• Like 1

I'm really excided for the chest if it includes a lot of the hybrid armor stuff as getting a full set can be very hard.

As for the knights the Dung Beetle is probably my favorite as it's about the only non-human thing in Monster that actually would be considered caring or copasionate and it's actually sad to fight it but also has some really good stuff.

Also I wonder if the Traveler mentioned in the Candy and Cola description is the next expansion beast  mentioned as approaching in Friday's update?

Indeed. I already assembled one screaming fur (antelope) armoured survivor. That means I've only got enough parts to create 3 more screaming fur survivors. Ideally two of those would be screaming fur, two would be then consigned to be hybrid sets.

Essentially, due to the way stretch goals panned out from the first campaign, the screaming fur armour kit is the only one I don't have duplicates of (I purchased a spare lantern armour sprue set when they were available in the store a while back). I want to cherish my screaming fur survivors. Wait 'til I am familiar with equipment combinations that work for them. Combinations that I like. Then I'll build them.

Having narrative miniatures available for the hybrid armour sets would take a massive weight off my shoulders. They're already wearing the hybrid armour sets (with parts that will be designed to fit together in a single pose a la the Green Knight armour sets). The equipment might not be the perfect combination but the sculpt will look good and give a good idea that "this is this hybrid armour set in action". There are currently three hybrid armour sets (all introduced in the Lion Knight expansion). If we get a narrative sculpt for each that would be perfect. I can relax more about what I build with the parts on my sprues and I can still create a few hybrid armour kit survivors if I want to as well.

I get the impression that the Traveller will not be a monster expansion. It sounds as if it's too big to fit on the showdown board (hundreds of legs). Well, not too big but too big to have enough space to realistically move and fight around it. It might be a new settlement event or hunt event. Something like that. Or perhaps it's a hint at Kingdom Death: Hero or the other one. Hero was going to be the Warhammer Quest:RPG style one where you played twilight knights, white speakers etc and then there was an idea for a gladiatorial game as well. The Traveller's probably a hint at that.

• Like 4