Kingdom Death: Monster 2

SamuraiJack

I'm probably going to see if I can sell enough other KD stuff to cover my pledge.. I really want the game, but finances are such I probably can't justify it without producing somewhere else..  with no resin in this go round, I'll be a lot more choosey on choices.. 

This seems to be common these days.  Lots of folks selling off their older resin stuff that has been sitting in the package.  I have a very small amount of resin pieces that I've been eyeing to potentially part with, if nothing else because I now have the plastic versions of many of them and I'm not that good a painter that doing painting up plastic over resin will be noticeable.  Might allow me to add another expansion to my limited pledge.  ;-)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sold everything I had from the first KS - which was almost exclusively plastic anyway.  Still have the other resin things that I bought from the store though.  Doing so has allowed me to get a Satan pledge and it will only cost me about $100 plus shipping.  So I'm saving almost $700 from the Gambler's pledge to just get the new stuff that I didn't have previously.

• Like 1

Alright! Good for them. Do you know if it was painful to watch?

It depends on your threshold for annoying things like waiting for twitch to roll d10s or random tangent stories from time to time. They also make twitch nominate when needed which can lead to one buff char and no real variety. Twitch can also choose a really hard quarry. I can usually endure through it and they have a very enthusiastic set of people although I find them a bit fake sometimes. In the end they are pretty passionate about the game though and seem to try to improve the quality of the stream when possible.

Edited by Ellusionist

I thought the Gorm expansion already came with the regeneration suit model. I'm pretty sure the ones that were sold on Black Friday came with it. 

It already did. To make things slightly more confusing mine seemed to come with an extra resin regeneration suit as well. This was awkward because I already received a plastic one with the pinups of death box so I might have 3 regeneration suits now. I'll have to double check on that. If the Gorm expansion automatically now includes a resin regeneration suit pinup in addition to the plastic regeneration pin up suit sprue that could definitely explain the price rise.

• Like 1

Alright! Good for them. Do you know if it was painful to watch?

Better. They seemed to actually have decent microphone levels this time (although the chat spamming was veering towards painful). Audio levels is something they've struggled to balance in the past.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

Looks like we may get this guy today. Not sure if it will be a nemesis expansion or not but it may be. His backstory is really cool.

The Pariah is the last male white speaker. He violated the vows of the white speaker cult by murdering countless white speakers, unravelling the quivering lobes of their brains, to piece together a forbidden story hidden in the cult's members.

Once learned, the story bestowed the Pariah with Cyclopean Empathy, a means of communication so deep and personal that it could speak to the core of a person with a single gesture. The Pariah's empathy is so complete that he can manipulate any wounded heart to obey his capricious whims.

The white speaker cult erased knowledge of the Pariah from all members save for the Red Witches who were tasked with hunting down the Pariah.

kingdom_death_pariah_06_1024x1024.jpg?v=

• Like 1

This is really interesting because, until now, the white speakers have all been female. It was easy to assume that it was a female only role.

Judging by the photo I'd say it's a resin collector's edition. Not an expansion. No gameplay content. Just the model.

I'm not sure where you got that photo from. Where did you find it?

Actually where the arms join the cloak the joint looks more like a plastic join than a resin one. This is interesting as the other joints (foot to base etc) don't look like a plastic model).

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

If you google "Kingdom Death Pariah" you will see a link to the official KD shop. It's listed as resin in the shop. I'm pretty sure at least a couple Kingdom Death expansions started out as resin minis with no game content. They write up the lore, commission art, then a sculpt, and sometimes upgrade them to expansions. The teaser from the last update is almost certainly the Pariah, but it could just be a narrative sculpt and not an expansion. I hope it will end up as a new nemesis expansion. We haven't gotten one yet, other than maybe the Gold Smoke Knight.

• Like 1

The Pariah really did turn out to be our first nemesis expansion and it's crazier than I could've imagined. Easily one of my favorites just based on flavor and lore. 

With this addition, the Node system got even more confusing. Now we have 3 separate Nodes just for nemesis expansions. Introducing Custom Campaign Nemesis Node 1 (of 3). :unsure:  I'll put the image in a spoiler as it's very long.

4eaf6aa7a13be963a0f52452ffc5ccb4_origina

• Like 1