Kingdom Death: Monster 2

SamuraiJack

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frogdog is growing on me.

I think it is that I will probably spend a lot of time hunting year 1 monsters, 

without an alternative, every campaign will start with at least 3 lion hunts, 

and probably multiple higher level lion hunts as well.  That's a lot of repetition. especially if your campaigns fail and you have to start again. 

Yes frogdog is more offensive than a Gorm, but it also looks more fun.

plus the armor is cooler.

Ill see what else is offered for node 1 encounters. 

Gotta work out how to safely attach those dangling minis to the underside of my display shelf, they'll look so cool!

Also noticed that this is the third expansion to mention the Inverted Mountain, could this have originally been a second base game that's now been split up?

Like everything else, the solution is magnets!!  And I love your idea!!  May have to do this too!

Kind of want one of the upside down survivors to be hanging from his teeth.

15542448_10210749639117772_8094324113462

Ah Zachary, always the more manly man out of the two original male starting survivors.

I'm liking the idea of the upside down survivors. I'm even intrigued by the upside down showdown. I'm not that excited about the Pariah yet. Give it some time.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

Wait until after the KS and people realize how limited availability is most of the time.

That's so going to be me. I can't get many add-ons right now so I'm just adding the hits from the original expansions. Once people get to play and review the new expansions I'll try to get a couple of the best ones. So many people will be trying to do the same thing. I'm glad that the core game and a few expansions add up to so much content. 

• Like 1

15,000 backers now.

Has anyone told them that this is a small niche product?

If you compare the number of D&D or Pathfinder/Warhammer/etc/etc players to KD: it's still a small market.

Well, sure.  And if you compare the total against what Wizards makes with Magic the Gathering each year, it is cents to dollars.

But compare it against some other big Kickstarter hits- especially ones that aren't pitched as super niche.  I mean, Super Dungeon didn't get 7,000 backers, and no one is talking about what a small niche product it is (actually got the opposite a few times).  Super huge ones have been Black Plague (20k backers) and Dark Souls (30k backers).  

The board game market isn't crazy massive- but there's a lot of relative interest in KDM.  I don't think it is a small niche within a small niche (which is what Poots thought previous to this campaign).

• Like 3

Gotta work out how to safely attach those dangling minis to the underside of my display shelf, they'll look so cool!

Also noticed that this is the third expansion to mention the Inverted Mountain, could this have originally been a second base game that's now been split up?

Like everything else, the solution is magnets!!  And I love your idea!!  May have to do this too!

Definitely magnets. All my minis get 3mm magnets in their bases (the phoenix needed 3 of them) to hold to their baking sheet transport trays. I would have no fear at all hanging the survivors upside down. The phoenix will hold upside down but I wouldn't trust it with less than 5 magnets I think. 

• Like 1

I just didn't like the sculpts for the lion god, gorm and sunstalker, so I didn't buy those last time around.  Sigh.  I can't justify the game content for them.  But I have all the others, so I think I'll survive.  My little minis might not!

• Like 2