Kingdom Death: Monster 2

SamuraiJack

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never did manage to get the Black Knight in resin the first time 'round. Percival (why does she have a male name?) shares a lot of design elements with his armour. It's nice to see an expansion using the existing Black Knight & Squire models (even if the squires shoes look impossible). As soon as I read the intro I knew it had to be a campaign mode as well as a boss monster and I was right.

Not a big fan of the black knight pin up 'though. Her cartoonish expression and plank sword are really putting me off. It's a shame as I really quite like the little rocking horse statue she's perched on. It's concept art for now so I can wait and see how she shapes up later on. Realistically she's probably not for me 'though. I'm sure many others will love her to bits 'though. Ironically I do quite fancy the King's Man pinup because she actually can make sense from a Lore perspective. If you've played the game you'll probably know what I mean. If you haven't then I really shouldn't spoil it for you.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg

I think the idea of the squires shoes is to train them to walk (quietly) on tiptoe so they don't wake the knight, hence the pointy spikes pointing up to their heels

Except for the great big clod hopping clip clop platforms beneath those spikes :p. They kind of defeat the point. They aren't bad sculpts but the spikes look a bit too thick, long, and pronounced, for me to take them seriously as training devices.

I think the idea of the squires shoes is to train them to walk (quietly) on tiptoe so they don't wake the knight, hence the pointy spikes pointing up to their heels

Except for the great big clod hopping clip clop platforms beneath those spikes :p. They kind of defeat the point. They aren't bad sculpts but the spikes look a bit too thick, long, and pronounced, for me to take them seriously as training devices.

Rather than to make them be quiet I was thinking it was to make them more doglike. 

• Like 1

Rather than to make them be quiet I was thinking it was to make them more doglike. 

In the original Squire fluff it was endurance training. They walked on tip toes to make themselves tougher because, if they relaxed and let their heels sink down they'd be impaled on the big spikes.

Now that they've been linked to the Black Knight (who does seem to suffer some kind of dog deformed feet (probably from many years as a squire)) they're probably doing it to emulate his greatness - an extreme form of body modification. Let's just pretend that the outer soles of those shoes are made from some soft spongy fungal material which lets them sneak about while the inner soles are made of something strong enough to support their feet.

• Like 1

New red witch expansion...interesting

I'd be very interested in this one if it didn't require the Griffon in order to make use of the cloaks. I'm not getting the Griffon so I would loose out on one of the most appealing gameplay features of the Red Witches gear. I like the sculpts and the concept behind this expansion, but so far it's a begrudging pass. If he changes it to allow players to use the cloaks without the Griffon spit I'll almost certainly add it. 

Yeah, so much NEED in that update last night.  LOVE the red witches!

@CorallineAlgae - just house rule it that you don't require the gryphon spit for the cloaks.  Or make it something else from an expansion you will have that would be considered an equal challenge.  Also, Adam did say "currently" it's only the gryphon spit.