Kingdom Death: Monster 2

SamuraiJack

The male pin-ups are really growing on me, the new Ram one I'd rate higher than either of the female versions.

I'm wondering how many more expansions are going to pop up.

We still haven't seen the Thingimajig from the end of the intro video, and I'm guessing we'll get the Mountain Man (to finish off the Inverse Mountain stuff) and the Ringtail Fox (people have been asking for it in the comments, and while I could see Poots leaving it for last to mess with them a bit, I'd think he'd say up front if it wasn't coming).

There's also a few monsters that we know have had their plastic molds made, it doesn't make much sense to leave those untouched for the next 4 years or so (even if the appearance of a re-jigged Lantern Festival expansion causes the mother of all Internet tantrums).

But then that sounds like way too many.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Member back when people were freaking out that the 777 pledge wasn't worth it? I member...and laugh.

Remember back when I couldn't afford the 777 pledge because my limit was around 430-450 so I had to settle for the 185 instead? Yeah. I still remember that. It hasn't changed much but, to really rub salt in the wound, I might now be able to afford the 777 by the end of the campaign and now they're all gone.

I was looking at it from the standpoint of people maybe hopping levels, not so much the money aspect.

Right. Some people are legitimately put off by the very concept of paying for minis that won't add much, or nothing, to the game. Many of them would gladly pay around the same price as the Satan pledges for a game content only pledge level. They would do it on principal. 

I'm wondering how many more expansions are going to pop up.

We still haven't seen the Thingimajig from the end of the intro video, and I'm guessing we'll get the Mountain Man (to finish off the Inverse Mountain stuff) and the Ringtail Fox (people have been asking for it in the comments, and while I could see Poots leaving it for last to mess with them a bit, I'd think he'd say up front if it wasn't coming).

There's also a few monsters that we know have had their plastic molds made, it doesn't make much sense to leave those untouched for the next 4 years or so (even if the appearance of a re-jigged Lantern Festival expansion causes the mother of all Internet tantrums).

But then that sounds like way too many.

At least 2 more as we have the Chimeria (unofficial name) that was shown in the video and the 8.5 million one he's been teasing.  I'm hoping the Lotus Witch makes an appearance as that sculpt has been done for over a year.

Member back when people were freaking out that the 777 pledge wasn't worth it? I member...and laugh.

Still $90 short for me as I'm not counting the pinups.

Actually...if...IF Poots does a "gamer" pledge that doesn't include pinups, you may find some 777s being freed up.

He's planning on it but it will probably be around $700 as it's not going to be as much of a discount as the day one discounts.

I decided that If I had endless money to spend of KD  I would be perfectly happy spending 850 - ancient gold lantern with 2 new expansions. 

dont want the pin-ups and promos, and I like a only few of the sculpts from the gamblers box.  The crazy (less sexualized) monsters it what pulls me in. 

850 is more than I have spent on all three bones Kickstarters. 

my actual budget?  ~ 300.

I would like to concentrate game content on the early game, as I don't have the endless hours of gaming time that will be necessary to reach the upper levels very often.   Unfortunately many of the coolest sculpts are for late game monsters.  

My favorite Sculpts  from the new expansions are in order: 

Nightmayer Ram

Chimera (teaser)

Screaming God

Griffin / Frogdog 

from the old expansions:

Lonely Tree 

Lion Knight 

Dragon 

Remember you can jump ahead to lantern year 12 or 20 with the new Hero expansion, by taking over his settlement.

I know but I would be paying 35$ for this ability, and some figures I don't really want.  

and either downgrading from dragon king, or skipping a cool monster expansion.  

hard choices. 

edit: actually not a bad choice - I would get screaming god (Chimera), and the heroes would allow me to fight against phoenix, watcher, ram and god on a regular basis.  

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 1

I know Poots considers the minis part of the game but i do wish that he would release some of the expansions with explicit sculpts without the minis

myself.  I want the base game 5 of the pinups so far, and about 4 or 5 expansions, new and old.  there might be 1 or 2 more expansions i would get without minis but nothing significant.  If i could get a good final discount I might grab some more minis but that's basically if i can get what i want for the price I am already paying. 

On the narrative sculpts, i love them! regardless of whether I use them in the game, the sculpts themselves are just great and each one tells a story and adds a little more to the game.  Its like getting a separate minis package.

• Like 1