Kingdom Death: Monster 2

SamuraiJack

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not just a monster but an expansion and what an evil one it sounds like  :devil:

is there a nice expansion to kingdom death?  Something that makes the game easier and less cruel? I havent seen it...

That said I like both the new expansion and the family. in the box.

The Gorm. Possibly the Flower Knight as well. While it's pretty revolting (and can prove difficult) the Gorm adds a lot of positive things to the game. The Manhunter can add some pretty positive things but he's rather hard to deal with.

• Like 1

My gods. Poots continues to create the awesome. There is literally no will save for on this one.

I'm making my Will saves on this one with a +50. It's awesome, but the new house comes first for me especially since we are just now unpacking and getting organized before family comes over this weekend.

​I built my house between KD kickstarters.  You should have just planned better.

• Like 5

My gods. Poots continues to create the awesome. There is literally no will save for on this one.

I'm making my Will saves on this one with a +50. It's awesome, but the new house comes first for me especially since we are just now unpacking and getting organized before family comes over this weekend.

​I built my house between KD kickstarters. You should have just planned better.

As much as I like KD, I've painted up 0 of them thus far and own over 20 so not a big deal to me hehe

• Like 2

As much as I like KD, I've painted up 0 of them thus far and own over 20 so not a big deal to me hehe

I hope we get to see one of yours painted up someday. I only have a few of their minis and they're a little intimidating. I never had to paint so much skin before. It isn't going well. :wacko:

I'll get one or two done in 2017!

• Like 1

I hope we get to see one of yours painted up someday. I only have a few of their minis and they're a little intimidating. I never had to paint so much skin before. It isn't going well.  :wacko:

Trust me, the skin is not the intimidating part.

Here's the thing about large ares of smooth skin. Don't use inks or washes. Don't shade them. Instead, start with your darkest tones then gently apply graduated highlights, finishing with the lightest colours. It also often helps to paint certain surfaces around the skin first. If I am painting a barbarian with a bare chest and a fur cloak then chances are I'm going to paint the cloak before I paint his skin around it. If I get a bit of skin colour on the fur it's going to be fairly easy to tidy up. If I get some fur colour on his skin it's going to look really unnatural and, if I mixed some of the flesh tones that I used, working out how to remix them to repair the damage is going to give me headaches. So basically when you're painting two adjacent ares and one has potential to be more damaging to the other if your brush slips, then take a minute or two to think about which of those areas you're going to paint first.

Painting large areas of skin isn't that different to painting large areas of cloth. There's just less folds and clear lines, more subtle shading. Large areas of skin can be intimidating for a painter but all I can say is give it a try. It's not that scary after a bit of practice. Would it be okay to post a few Kingdom Death work in progress shots here? Or a model with some large areas of skin, for that matter. Obviously I could put something in the painting forum but I wanted to check it would be okay to put a couple of pictures here as well.

On a completely unrelated note how do people feel about the lack of an update yesterday? It's completely understandable but also amusing that the fans aren't up in arms about the "silence" :p.

Edited by Balgin Stondraeg
  • Like 4

Thanks a bunch for the advice Balgin. I started with the mid-tone and then painted the shadows then highlights. I'll paint the next one from darkest skin up to highlights. I honestly don't know if you can post WIPs here. I'm not at all knowledgeable about those kinds of things. Maybe I should take a couple of WIP pics of the Pinup Sunstalker Dancer I'm painting.

Oh, Poots told backers a number of times in the comments that he was taking about a week off and not to expect any updates. Most of us were happy to hear that he was spending the holidays with his family. Some people even told him to go away the last time he popped into the comments. The project is about 40 days long. If he pushes himself too hard bad things could happen. Family time = balance 

• Like 2