Kingdom Death: Monster 2

SamuraiJack

Watch out for counterfeits on eBay. Not sure what the best way to identify them is. Maybe their country of origin and price?

Better to buy them from the KDM website. Sign up for their newsletter.

I'd say that KDM, GW, and Archon are the best to work with, but would like to hear other opinions as well.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, R2ED said:

So, I'd recently heard of this miniture series and started to look them up. They make what look like amazing minis.  Can anyone tell me about the quality?  Cleanup much flash?  Gap filling?  Need to file things?  If you compared them to say games workshop, how would they be? 

I am now scouring Ebay for these to try a few. Unless someone has a better place to buy them. What would you say is a good cost per piece?

Be very careful getting Kingdom Death stuff off Ebay, it's flooded with Chinese recasts.

Quality-wise, the plastic minis are pretty close to Games Workshop level overall, the only problems are they can be a bit gappy, or have very obvious join lines, or come in a lot of teeny tiny pieces.

The resin and 3d printed stuff is really good at the moment, very little clean up needed but can be a bit fragile (The Forsaker I got recently came with most of his pointy bits broken off, which is going to be "fun" to fix). 

Also, while they're not as limited as they used to be, most of the minis are limited availability, so they're always going to be a bit expensive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2023 at 4:39 PM, CorallineAlgae said:

My Gambler's Chest came in today. It's a massive box. Probably going to be another long wait for the last wave.

LOOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG wait I think.  

On 7/30/2023 at 9:11 AM, R2ED said:

So, I'd recently heard of this miniture series and started to look them up. They make what look like amazing minis.  Can anyone tell me about the quality?  Cleanup much flash?  Gap filling?  Need to file things?  If you compared them to say games workshop, how would they be? 

I am now scouring Ebay for these to try a few. Unless someone has a better place to buy them. What would you say is a good cost per piece?

If you're on FB, there is a KDM Night market group where folks buy/sell/trade KDM stuff.  That "should" help with authenticity, if not always affordability.  

• Thanks 1

My Gambler's Chest arrived yesterday!

I would echo the sentiments above re: the quality and availability of KD minis and also definitely be aware of recasts.

I wanted to add that the shop itself can be a little dumb. If you just go to the Shop link at the top of the page it is not going to show you all of the models that are available for purchase. Once you're in the shop, look all the way to the left and you'll see 3 horizontal lines. Click on that and it will open a menu that gives you options of what's in the site. If you click on In Stock it will show you the multiple pages of everything that is actually available instead of an abbreviated list.

I also wanted to add that there is a build guide resource on the official site (not linking bc it's the retail site, but Go to the KD site, click on Hobby, then click on Build) word to the wise though - always, always dry fit first!

If you want a comprehensive resource of every model KD has ever officially released then the best place that I know of is a fansite called KDM Collector https://kdm-collector.com/models You can search and sort through the models and they have all of the original info from the store pages when the models were released plus on some of them there have been painted versions added. It's a great resource particularly if you're looking on the secondary market @R2ED because it lists the original MSRP price. You can also make an account to mark figures as owned or wishlisted or painted, etc. It will only list figures that have gone to general release, so it won't, for instance, have the GC models yet like the build guide does.

Edited by Guindyloo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1