• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Oh, the boots to be...

Kev!
    • By Glitterwolf
      After some work WIP here:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/61706-xherman1964-tries-to-paint-a-crocodile/

My Beloved of Sobek.
      A nice friendly Crocodile who wants nothing more then to hug you.

I tried to copy the natural colours from a Nile Crocodile.
      Hope it worked.

Base is a Resin Scenic Jungle Base from Microarts Studios, a mini in itself.
      The mini is from Crocodile Games Wargods of Aegyptus range

A real joy to paint these two.
      Enjoy.

He will also try to compete in a beauty contest.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/58879-2015-annual-contest-non-reaper-entries/?p=1148361

• By Brianuk
      Basic paint job on these, a yellowy green coloured primer then a green wash. Then a water effect with gloss mod podge. 

• By Pingo
      Sobek was a complex crocodile god of the ancient Egyptians. He was god of fertility, wild sexytimes and strength, and also a protector against the ravages of the river Nile and its inhabitants.

The khopesh was a kind of ancient Egyptian sword evolved from a battle axe. The one on this sculpt is a little thicker and more swordlike than most of the ones I've seen, which makes it sturdier on a miniatures scale.

The figure is Reaper's 14381, Nefsokar Devourer of Ammat, sculpt by Bob Ridolfi. I didn't make a WIP thread.

I was halfway done with him before I realized that he was supposed to be a stone statue with cracks and chips in the stone. Maybe another time I will paint a version of him like that, but in this case I overlooked the texture and painted him with fairly realistic crocodile and corroded bronze colors.

And because I like to play around with photography and backgrounds:

• By Pochi
      Yes, Jafar has an evil twin. He decided that "phenomenal cosmic power but itty bitty living space" wasn't his thing so he decided to go a different route to achieve his fame and fortune. His name is Aziz and he has been working on ways to call forth the dead.

I am running an Egyptian based Earthdawn game and realized I paint lots of pretty girls and hardly have any guys (good or bad) even though I do buy males. So, for the past couple weeks I have been working on all male figures - mummies, merchants, a cat...hey, it's a boy cat!, and Aziz. Now I am trying to get everything on bases.

So, I had considered putting Aziz on a desert base or a temple floor base but I didn't have what I was looking for so went searching through a friend's box of goodies. He tossed me this base and said "Here ya go, make it lava." Well, I didn't "see" lava when I looked at him but thought I could do something to match the green of the flame coming from the skull. I then had the idea of a hand reaching out of the....goo?....slime?....stuff? So, we started digging through the rest of his stuff and found some arms and heads (also bodies but I didn't want the whole thing) so I chose what I wanted and went to work on his base. I also used Chaoswolf's tutorial on making stringy blood to make dripping goo off the zombie guy's hand. Pretty pleased with how it turned out!

As for the pictures, the green is bright (Valejo Fluorescent Green) but not quite as bright as the pictures make it look. In the base there is actually some yellow and white swirled in and then I mixed some green ink with realistic water and poured that over everything. You can't really see any of the details in the photos. I might try different photos with lights angled differently or something.

Anyway, here he is! Questions, comments, critiques welcome and encouraged!

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)