Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

The Goblin Launcher

Those are some shiny gubbins. Maybe dirty them up a bit?

It looks like you've got two different types of bronze paint on the tube that leads to the gun. It's hard to tell but it looks like the tube is a different color than the fittings. If you wanted differences, it might behoove you to increase that contrast. If not, you may want to make sure they're more similar in tone, tho' dirtying them up some would also fix that.

A way to increase the look of the electricity on the metal nodules (van deOrk generator? ^_^ ) is to darken the metal around the blue.

Edited by SirLarpsAlot
  • Like 1

It's terrible! You should totally send it to me to... fix ... yeah.... fix. That's it :P

No seriously it rocks =D I love the ork models they're soo cool :D good job, love the way you painted the vacuum tubing as well it looks really good!

• Like 1

That turned out EVEN BETTER than I would have imagined; considering the state of my imagination, that is saying something. Your creation is BEAUTIFULLY painted in a FINE selection of colors & NICELY based. It is a delightfully silly piece. VERY WELL DONE once more!

• Like 2

Those are some shiny gubbins. Maybe dirty them up a bit?

It looks like you've got two different types of bronze paint on the tube that leads to the gun. It's hard to tell but it looks like the tube is a different color than the fittings. If you wanted differences, it might behoove you to increase that contrast. If not, you may want to make sure they're more similar in tone, tho' dirtying them up some would also fix that.

A way to increase the look of the electricity on the metal nodules (van deOrk generator? ^_^ ) is to darken the metal around the blue.

The tube is actually brass, the difference is a lot more noticeable in hand than in the picture (which seems to have made it a bit more yellow).

I know it doesn't really fit the ramshackle nature of the mini, but I just have a thing about always making my metallics as shiny as possible!

I'm sure there are Orks who value shineys (Bad Moons, I believe). Maybe a green shade on the bottom of the brass tubes. If you mix clears, they'll stay shiny (green with a little blue with a lot of water).

• Like 1

This is hilarious, and bizarre, and cheerfully ridiculous. What a fun figure!

I hope you had fun assembling and painting it. I hope it brings smiles whenever people see it.

• Like 1