• 4 weeks later...

Finally got a little bit more done on this:-

gZotE2W.jpg

The armour got a drybrush of Oily Steel, and then I carefully painted all the filigree with Vallejo Leather Brown.

Now I just need to work up the courage to do it again with Vallejo Brassy Brass.

• Like 17

Wait, this is still going? ::P:

Love the Oily Steel, puts a nice shine to everything. When you compare the previous pictures, it shows a big difference. I just bought some of the the same paint recently, it's nice to see how it works out.

Yeah, my stupid back keeps getting in the way of my painting.

I love Oily Steel too, it's a very metally metallic if that makes any sense.

I've got a plastic and resin version of this guy just cause he's so awesome...  sadly, haven't had the guts to try him yet. 

Loving your work!!

Do it, you know you want to...

Progress:-

qu1qsen.jpgTk5NyEN.jpg

Finished the Brassy Brass filigree work on his armour, plus the Bronze pommel on his sword and a pair of lovely Vallejo Andrea Blue eyes.

With the armour done, I wanna get it varnished before moving on, even though I've done the metallics very simply I don't want to them again.

• Like 9

Thanks!

Progress:-

lUYNud2.jpgGQxNVCV.jpg

Don't you hate it when you've put in a load of work, but there's no noticeable difference from the last photos?

Anyways, got his stripy bits tided up and highlighted:-

Red (Scarlett Red > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Vallejo Gold Yellow > 1:1:1 Scarlett Red/Gold Yellow/Off-white)

Blue (Royal Blue > 1:1 Royal Blue/Off-white)

Purple (Hexed Lichen > 1:1 Hexed Lichen/Vallejo Blue Violet > Blue Violet)

Brown (Oiled Leather > 1:1 Oiled Leather/Vallejo Bonewhite)

The highlights were pretty stark, so I hit them with a glaze of their various midtones, which knocked them back a bit too much :grr:

Not redoing them though, I'm moving on to the various bits of greenery bursting out of him.

• Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Separating a bee from its honey is always a risky prospect, but especially when they are giant, man-eating Titan Bees.
      However, when smeared with a concoction made with the pulped remains of it's larva, a person is temporarily rendered virtually invisible to the Bees. And so the Bug Thief started a thriving business stealing bee babies to make into potions, but how did she survive going into the hive in the first place? That's a mystery to be solved another day.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, her bee striped fur thingy didn't come out like I hoped (and she's stuck with rather wonky eyes) but I think she ended up looking fairly decent overall.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      While the title may sound like a part of a weird children's book series, it's actually a trio of Kingdom Death Pin-ups!

The Bug Thief, her right arm goes across her face so I've left it off for now.

The Swamp Girl. I have to paint her base, paint her and then sandwich the clear bit in between without making a mess.

The Dogpole Mother, the hard part will be painting the Dogpoles so that they actually look like something!

Starting with the Bug Thief:-

Painted her face and boobs (Rosy Flesh > Flesh Wash > Rosy Flesh > Rosy Flesh/Light Flesh), added a touch of Scarlett Red to the final highlight for her lips and painted her eyes (The left one is a bit buggy, but I'm hoping it'll look better once I paint her hair).
    • By TattooedITGuy
      I just wanted to share a Medieval Knight I painted off of MMF. It was my first bust painted and 3D printed. I learned a lot from this bust. I also tried a new technique by priming pink and doing a zenithal highlight in white ink and shadows with dark pink ink. Then going over with yellow ink to finish it off.  I hope you all enjoy as much as I did painting it. 

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Ram Pin-up from Kingdom Death, I imagine this is what quest-giving NPCs look like in that world, sketchy, half-naked dudes who always have one more dubious item for you to fetch before they'll let you have the promised fancy sword.

I'm reasonably happy with how he turned out. He's a little rough in places, where my brush control wasn't quite up to the task, but I don't think I did too bad.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received. 
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 1 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)