Sign in to follow this  
kargatane

The Others: 7 Sins board game

Those are great! Looking forward to see how you tackle the other others.

Great to see how you simply colour coded the bases.

Edited by Maledrakh

As a fellow boardgame mini painter I can easily say that trying to paint 100+ minis in a few weeks is a very demanding and tedious work. But despite that fact your blends are great, shadows in moderation and they look like show pieces instead of playing ones.

So, all in all awesome work, congrats. Makes one wonder if the other players will ever appreciate the effort you put into these "play-things", no? :)

As a fellow boardgame mini painter I can easily say that trying to paint 100+ minis in a few weeks is a very demanding and tedious work. But despite that fact your blends are great, shadows in moderation and they look like show pieces instead of playing ones.

Well, I can tell you it's going to take me muuuuuuuch longer than a few weeks to get these done, at the rate I'm going so far. I'm certainly spending more time than is really necessary for play - I'm seeing these more as a way to learn new skills than as something I need to get done for it to be used in the game! Who knows if I'll ever actually finish the process, but I'm learning heaps...

But thank you for the kind comments.

• Like 1

Well, I can tell you it's going to take me muuuuuuuch longer than a few weeks to get these done, at the rate I'm going so far. I'm certainly spending more time than is really necessary for play - I'm seeing these more as a way to learn new skills than as something I need to get done for it to be used in the game! Who knows if I'll ever actually finish the process, but I'm learning heaps...

But thank you for the kind comments.

Well' it certainly does look that way.. That it will take much longer.. And yes, it will.. :)

But as you've said, it is great practice and if you are into boardgames then you need to pick up that extra skill on fast painting as well.

And dont ever be discouraged by the fact that you will not really get a ROI (return of investment) if you you look at it as "time given for painting vs. time actually played". That math doesnt work.. But the moment you set up your game with painted minis.. The look of amazement on your friend's faces.. well there's your ROI right there.. :)

As a little piece of advice, for real improvements try a solo figure, a show piece if you'd like.. Or even better a bust.. And start a thread on the WIP page here and detail your thought process and eventual progress. You'll be amazed at the support you will recieve and the things you'll learn.

Next one completed - the enormous Avatar of Pride! Lots to enjoy in painting this one - amazing details and texture in the mini, so it's hard to go wrong. Particularly happy with the transitions between the green and flesh-coloured parts of the body.

post-14523-0-00880600-1479818555_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

They are quite a collection of UBERCOOL  minis GORGEOUSLY painted. VERY WELL DONE!

If the minis are any indication the game must be an ABSOLUTE BLAST!

I've been making slow progress on these minis, and finally got around to taking photos of a few more:

Rocco and Rose, two of the player heroes:

2017-03-021.thumb.jpg.d0937a772281799562c8ae1eb72267d6.jpg

The abominations and controller of Greed:

2017-03-023.thumb.jpg.bbb3957d3d8742e9270092737b75808d.jpg

The huge Greed Avata - very enjoyable to paint, but too many teeth :-)

2017-03-024.thumb.jpg.16abee73f55d30188d2b27ba25694ad9.jpg

Hero Karl, in both his human and wolf forms. (I'm really happy with these - probably my favourite skin/face details I've ever painted.)

2017-03-022.thumb.jpg.0cc06f1b363984614f977104fdf5971f.jpg

The slow progress continues!

Edited by kargatane
  • Like 6