Jump to content

Wren

[SPLIT] Vortex Shakers

Recommended Posts

You can also search ‘s8220’ mixer on eBay. 

 

I found one for $15 and like $15 for shipping. Works great. But I have to hold the tube and press down the activation plate. (I can do both with one hand.) I find the ‘vortex’ mixers to be more expensive.

 

Ive used it for more than 6 months. I have not died of biochemical or nuclear radiation related mutations. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

You can also search ‘s8220’ mixer on eBay. 

 

I found one for $15 and like $15 for shipping. Works great. But I have to hold the tube and press down the activation plate. (I can do both with one hand.) I find the ‘vortex’ mixers to be more expensive.

 

Ive used it for more than 6 months. I have not died of biochemical or nuclear radiation related mutations. 

 

Yeah, more expensive but it's nice putting the bottles in and just letting it go without any more work on my part.  I can then paint or do anything else and mix.  Was worth the higher cost to me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Necro on this thread.

 

After trying out the vortex shakers at Reapercon I am now trying to hit up Robert on etsy.  Does anyone have an email address for him you can send me or does he get back pretty quick from messages sent on the etsy site?

 

I think having one would make a big difference in our paint sessions because we would not be spending 10 min of our time listening to the Robart shaker and switching out paints every minute or 2.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to have to look into picking one of those up...  My wrists start acting up pretty quick when shaking bottles, and I like to shake them at least once every 90 days or so.  Pity I can't get the Typhoon through Etsy though, just eBay, as they don't ship out of the US on Etsy...

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm going to have to look into picking one of those up...  My wrists start acting up pretty quick when shaking bottles, and I like to shake them at least once every 90 days or so.  Pity I can't get the Typhoon through Etsy though, just eBay, as they don't ship out of the US on Etsy...

Perhaps you could arrange for an intermediary through a nearby forumite?

Clarification:  a forumite on the US side who could accept delivery and remail it on to you in Canada.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
Clarification
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Perhaps you could arrange for an intermediary through a nearby forumite?

Clarification:  a forumite on the US side who could accept delivery and remail it on to you in Canada.

GEM

It's a good idea, but I suspect shipping costs would be about the same due to the size and weight of the item. 

 

Such a device is at least a few months away for me though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I LOVE my Vortex!! It is the best mini's purchase I have ever made (my Windsor Newton about ties with it.)

I got it used off of ebay for about $65.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine should be here tomorrow!  I got a response through Etsy but worked out something and he put a special one up for me on Ebay.  I say for me but it was more for my daughter since he remembered me as the "dad with the cutest witch at Reapercon".  A great guy to do business with and I look forward to the mixer and giving it a go.  Hoping this will get us to paint more often since mixing paint will be quicker/easier than before.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I need to get my order in for one. I knew it was something I wanted but $100+ for a paint mixer is a bit to swallow. I was happy that he had a retail booth at the Con this year (it was that or I was gonna bug him, at his table ::D:). Seeing & feeling is believing that' for sure!

 

Since I knew I was gonna be limited on weight this year coming home, I didn't pick one up while there. Paying the extra for shipping was fine as it still would have been cheaper then the 100 of being over weight.

 

Does anyone know if Robert favors one or the other when it comes to shops?

 

Also, anyone that has one now, what is the diameter of the base? Looking at getting a isolation pad & figured I'd order one now so they'll come together about the same time. Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, haldir said:

I need to get my order in for one. I knew it was something I wanted but $100+ for a paint mixer is a bit to swallow. I was happy that he had a retail booth at the Con this year (it was that or I was gonna bug him, at his table ::D:). Seeing & feeling is believing that' for sure!

 

Yeah I had issues with paying $120 at the show because I wanted to keep our budget for stuff around that much.  We ended up spending about $100 on extra stuff at vendor booths so I wrote him and discussed getting a less pretty one for a little less.

 

25 minutes ago, haldir said:

Does anyone know if Robert favors one or the other when it comes to shops?

 

Yeah it seems we talked via Etsy but he asked if I could purchase on Ebay.  Had not been on ebay in ages and my wife had hijacked my account to do some business stuff on a while back so I just made a new account and purchased it that way.

 

25 minutes ago, haldir said:

Also, anyone that has one now, what is the diameter of the base? Looking at getting a isolation pad & figured I'd order one now so they'll come together about the same time. Thanks!

 

 

Not sure what the diameter is on the normal ones but this one is definitely "thinner".

 

 

Spoiler

vortex-mixer.thumb.jpg.44cbd1d81a46ee63ec4478b72a7a8791.jpg

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, haldir said:

I need to get my order in for one. I knew it was something I wanted but $100+ for a paint mixer is a bit to swallow. I was happy that he had a retail booth at the Con this year (it was that or I was gonna bug him, at his table ::D:). Seeing & feeling is believing that' for sure!

 

Since I knew I was gonna be limited on weight this year coming home, I didn't pick one up while there. Paying the extra for shipping was fine as it still would have been cheaper then the 100 of being over weight.

 

Does anyone know if Robert favors one or the other when it comes to shops?

 

Also, anyone that has one now, what is the diameter of the base? Looking at getting a isolation pad & figured I'd order one now so they'll come together about the same time. Thanks!

 

6"X41/2"

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever the answer, I always have agitators in my paint bottles.  Because, you still will want to shake a bottle every time it has been sitting around for more than a half hour or so.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×