Jump to content

[SPLIT] Vortex Shakers


Wren
 Share

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Highly recommend one of these if you can find it for a reasonable price. Mine (including shipping) was about $55 total. Well worth the investment.

 

Once you have one you wonder how you ever got along without one.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

I'm going to rig it up so that I can just turn it on and let something get mixed by itself, going to use some thick foam or something.

 

I can mix 8 bottles of paint at once in mine.  But normally I pull a few out of what I think I will need and go for it.

 

8 at a time nice for pulling out a case of paint when watching TV and giving them a good mix every 6 months or so though.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Harrek said:

 

I can mix 8 bottles of paint at once in mine.  But normally I pull a few out of what I think I will need and go for it.

 

8 at a time nice for pulling out a case of paint when watching TV and giving them a good mix every 6 months or so though.

Maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, but how do you mix 8 at a time? Did you rig something up?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Got a chance to get into my package now that I'm home. I got a paint shaker, 2 sets of synthetic brushes, and a paint brush holder.

I've been looking at various paint shakers. Could you please post a review after you have used it  bit?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I considered the Robart before I got my vortex model. 

From what I hear they're just as good as duct-taping your paint to a reciprocating saw...  

The plus with the Robart is that you don't have to hold onto the paint bottle while it's being shook up, but the minus is that you need to fiddle with a strap to fasten the bottle in it. 

It's possible to buy spare straps, so I wonder, do they break suddenly and launch your paint across the room, or do they just get stretched until they no longer can hold a bottle securely?

 

 

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 11/11/2017 at 7:44 AM, Gadgetman! said:

I considered the Robart before I got my vortex model. 

From what I hear they're just as good as duct-taping your paint to a reciprocating saw...  

The plus with the Robart is that you don't have to hold onto the paint bottle while it's being shook up, but the minus is that you need to fiddle with a strap to fasten the bottle in it. 

It's possible to buy spare straps, so I wonder, do they break suddenly and launch your paint across the room, or do they just get stretched until they no longer can hold a bottle securely?

 

 

 

I've had the Robart for years, but found two major issues with it.  (1) Did not shake paints well enough, even letting it run for a while.  (2)  The fiddly strap.  Yes, replacement straps are available, but I did not care for the ongoing expense and aggravation.  They are 'rubber bands' and tend to dry out, crack, and eventually snap off.  Not when shaking the paint, but when putting on / removing the strap. 

 

I recently acquired a vortexer like the one shown below.  I plan to get a new 'head' for it, one that will handle 6 to 8 bottles at a time, and make use of the On switch.  Holding the paints won't be necessary, then, just load it up and let it run.

 

 

Vortex Genie 2.jpg

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, GreyHorde said:

 

 

I've had the Robart for years, but found two major issues with it.  (1) Did not shake paints well enough, even letting it run for a while.  (2)  The fiddly strap.  Yes, replacement straps are available, but I did not care for the ongoing expense and aggravation.  They are 'rubber bands' and tend to dry out, crack, and eventually snap off.  Not when shaking the paint, but when putting on / removing the strap. 

 

I recently acquired a vortexer like the one shown below.  I plan to get a new 'head' for it, one that will handle 6 to 8 bottles at a time, and make use of the On switch.  Holding the paints won't be necessary, then, just load it up and let it run.

 

 

Vortex Genie 2.jpg

That's the one I have.  I've got the metal cage and foam that replace that top piece and let me shake 8 bottles at once easily.  Although I have to say I don't think I have ever really done more than 4.  But it does a fabulous job.  Got mine used off ebay.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...