knarthex

Frostgrave Warband, Ejrvindr the Far Seeing & Dagrun Arnholdt'sdottir

The colour schemes are very good. All colours work well together and match the figures well. Will you smooth out the transitions more on the cloak of the lady or do you aim on something more contrast rich and bold?

• Like 1

It's kinda hard to tell what those white spots on the girl are.

Are they smooth, or is their any texture to them? If smooth, I'd be inclined to agree with the Haminister of Truth.

• Like 1

The spots seem to be textured in some way...

Almost like they are furry pouches?

No sure if I am going to try to do anything with the cloak, as I would be more likely to eff it up than fix it...

I think that she's actually wearing some sort of fur vest and that those sides are the bottom lining of the vest. If you look closely in between the bags in her midsection you can see similar fur texture.

• Like 2

I think that she's actually wearing some sort of fur vest and that those sides are the bottom lining of the vest. If you look closely in between the bags in her midsection you can see similar fur texture.

I think you are correct!

At our local First Lady Thing's suggestion, they are getting painted as fox fur with the MSP Red Hair Triad....

• Like 1

Are you planning on having the whole warband match, or will the mercenaries be more individual/scruffy looking?

Give them all a rudimentary livery. Either a cloak or hood or mantle from that same green cloth color that the wizard and the apprentice are already wearing.

"...the color of the day is green...wear these..."

• Like 1

Are you planning on having the whole warband match, or will the mercenaries be more individual/scruffy looking?

Give them all a rudimentary livery. Either a cloak or hood or mantle from that same green cloth color that the wizard and the apprentice are already wearing.

"...the color of the day is green...wear these..."

Great idea, oh Gryphon!

Last Nights work.... Ejrvindr Leathers with Brown Leather, Brown Leather and Orange Leather 50%, Orange Leather, Orange Leather and Iroku 50%, Iroku...

Case on his back with Arbuckles Brown, then Arbuckles Brown and Bosh Chestnut 50%

Agrax Earthshade on his staff

post-14271-0-52969800-1481425095_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-26614100-1481425096_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-94102100-1481425096_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-60891300-1481425097_thumb.jpg

Need to fix his right boot....

Might change the color of parts of his boots....

Dagrun

Her leathers with Brown Leather, Brown Leather and Orange Leather 50%, Orange Leather, Orange Leather and Iroku 50%, Iroku...

Her right hand pouch got repainted, as I missed the top part tied to her belt.... :wacko: (Same colors as before)

Her pants were done with Cool Grey 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. (Dark to light)

Her fur was done with the MSP Red Hair Triad of Auburn Shadow, Carrot top Red and Highlight Orange.

post-14271-0-46168700-1481425102_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-42128100-1481425103_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-45187400-1481425104_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-40852400-1481425105_thumb.jpg

Not really happy with the fox fur...

Thanks for looking and commenting!

George

• Like 9

Maybe glaze a little orange over the red for the fox fur. It looks a bit too red in the photos. These are looking really nice!

• Like 2

Between her hair and her fist in the center of her chest... is that the same texture as the fur below? It looks slightly different from the cloak.

• Like 1

No, it's the same texture as her cloak, just creased a bit oddly, I guess due to her hands being there...

And if you mean the brown, that is the strap of her shoulder bag.

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 2

So I glazed some GW Orange Ink over the fox fur, and some touches of Mojave White....

Necro Gold and Elven Gold on her belt buckle

post-14271-0-74127800-1481592311_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-63927400-1481592312_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-64348400-1481592313_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-66474900-1481592314_thumb.jpg

His staff was done with More Walnut, then washed with Agrax Earthshade, SW Soft Body Black and Dark Sepia.

Then some streaks of Walnut, Walnut and Mojave White 50%, then Mojave White

His Saxx (the long Dagger) hilt was done with GW Bleached Bone, MSP Leather White, and a very thin Agrax Earthshade.

The Metal pommel and Crossguard with Black Metal, then Speed Metal.

The metal disk on the hilt with Decayed Metal, Victorian Brass, and a touch of Elven Gold.

His buckles with Necro Gold and Elven Gold

the potion bottle with WC Orange 5, with a glaze of GW Orange Ink, the top part with Vallejo Ivory and MSP Leather White

post-14271-0-70281500-1481592315_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-69868000-1481592316_thumb.jpg 

post-14271-0-76059100-1481592317_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-66594500-1481592318_thumb.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome!

George

• Like 10

I think you would do better repainting the fur a pale orange; then a couple of darker orange dry brushes over that.

You can see the fox fur goes from a very pale orange progressively to a darker orange/red brown toward the end of the hairs.

280px-Vulpes_vulpes_laying_in_snow.jpg

Right now the Girl looks like she's wearing some freshly removed intestines. Other than that, both Master & Apprentice look SPLENDID.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      Tre manor is at it again...   
      Another well-designed warband.    

Unfortunately, one of the minis is a bit... not-PG. So no pictures.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1103158358/warbands-of-the-dark-beyond/description

• By NomadZeke
      Please use the full SKU and name of Reaper minis in the titles of your Show Off threads, per forum guidelines. You can find this information on the blister card or in the online store. I also like to give credit to the sculptor in a tag, so people can find their favorites.

We have a high volume of posts generated from this challenge, which is great! But it's also creating a lot of work for the mods. Ladystorm has already urged folks to comply with these guidelines.

As an experiment, this project has been moved to be a bi-monthly challenge again, that seemed to have worked so until further notice that is our format. The longer time frame theoretically will give less stress to painting, and allow more complex jobs, and more sinister challenges.

FAQ
      Reaper only? - No.
      If going on vacation, can I paint a mini(s) ahead to cover that time frame? - Yes.
      Are speed paints acceptable - Yes.
      Can it be a mini started previously? - Yes.
      Based or unbased? - Yes.
      Do minis for exchanges count? - Yes.

NEW RULE - Size Equivilancy
      (This list is subject to change as bones 3 releases)
      Medium and smaller = 1 ea
      Simple Terrain (plain floors, walls) = 1ea
      Complex Terrain (http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Terrain/latest/03518 or such) = 2 ea
      Large (Giants and the like) = 2 ea
      Huge (Most dragons, Demon Minotaur Lord, etc) = 3 ea
      Bigger (Kally, Khanjirra, etc) = half of quota rounded up
      Colossal ("Tianot,") = quota

Due to the variable nature of a CAV I compare them against a generic 28mm figure and the Avatar large figure. I take height and bulk into considering if it is worth 1 or 2 figures.
      If it's not in this list, it counts as 1. (not yet updated for the CAV II figures)

If you have a question on the size, please post it here, and I'll address them individually.

Much like last year, the idea is to help those of us that normally paint VERY little or not as much as one would like, to start painting more.

You challenge begins...now!

And Our Mantra:

Participants:
      If your name is missing, or you believe your count is incorrect, please PM me. Please note: to make counts easier, post in the bi-monthly thread and include the tag RPChallenge

The objective:
      To paint 52+ minis throughout the course of the year via bi-monthly quota
      (each bi-monthly thread will have the quota listed as well as the master list)

What qualifies:
      Darn near anything!
      Reaper/non-reaper!
      Any material!
      Shelf of shame minis from ages long forgotten!
      Exchange minis!
      Speed paints!
      Armies! (Though I'd encourage perhaps something outside the army as well)
      Any Size!
      Based/unbased!
      Etc! (I think that covers everything)

Year long challenge
      Pick a miniature of size large or greater to complete in the Jan-Feb Block. In Nov-December, purchase that same mini and repaint in the same scheme to see direct side-by-side improvement or changes in your methods

Jan/Feb: 8: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84372-january-february-rpchallenge/
      March/April: 9: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85335-march-april-rpchallenge/
      May/June: 8 https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86376-may-~-june-rpchallenge/
      July/August: 9: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87162-julyaugust-rpchallenge/
      Sept/Oct: 9:
      Nov/Dec: 9:

Again, I request that when tagging your posts, please use "RPChallenge" to help with locating minis from this.
    • By NomadZeke
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As usual, the new format holds a "hard mode" challenge!

July and August 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      Independence Day! Both Canada and the US celebrate their independence days in July. Keeping it clean - paint a mini that resembles the most absurd stereotype of the country, whether it's a lumberjack riding a moose with a jug of maple syrup, or a fat dude in a scooter with the american flag and a big mac.  Or something from the film Independence Day, that works too.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      August 22nd is National Spumoni day. 3-layered Gelato dish. Paint any mini in a themed pallet around your choice image of said dish.

Hard Mode Challenge! Eruption
      Also in August is the fabled eruption of Pompeii. A full-size diorama is a but much to ask - but instead theme a mini around trying to escape the eruption (lava flows, flying chunks of rock, etc) particularly utilizing the OSL and an ashen look.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here is a group picture of my Bugbear raiding party. I painted most of them last year and mounted them on 40mm diameter base last week. These are all Reaper Miniatures models; 77233 Kegg the Bugbear Hunter, 02603, Skrug the Bugbear Shaman, 77015 Bugbear Warrior, 77232 Mogg the Bugbear Warrior and 77231 Rugg the Bugbear Leader. They were all sculpted by Tre Manor, except for Skrug the Bugbear Shaman that was Sculpted by Ben Siens. I used Reaper's MSP acrylic paint.

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)