• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I am finally starting to work on my Warband, using the minis fro Tre Manor's Warriors of the Frozen North... Never having played Frostgrave before, I am starting out with the Wizard and his appren

Thanks CW!   Here is last nights work... His Cloak done with SC75 Field Grey 39, then SC75 Field Grey 38 / SS Camo High Light 50% Robe with WC Blue Grey 4, then Blue Grey 3 Leathers done with 50%

So I glazed some GW Orange Ink over the fox fur, and some touches of Mojave White.... Necro Gold and Elven Gold on her belt buckle       His staff was done with More Walnut, then washed with Agra

Posted Images

I think that she's actually wearing some sort of fur vest and that those sides are the bottom lining of the vest. If you look closely in between the bags in her midsection you can see similar fur texture.

I think you are correct!

At our local First Lady Thing's suggestion, they are getting painted as fox fur with the MSP Red Hair Triad....

• Like 1

Are you planning on having the whole warband match, or will the mercenaries be more individual/scruffy looking?

Give them all a rudimentary livery. Either a cloak or hood or mantle from that same green cloth color that the wizard and the apprentice are already wearing.

"...the color of the day is green...wear these..."

• Like 1

Are you planning on having the whole warband match, or will the mercenaries be more individual/scruffy looking?

Give them all a rudimentary livery. Either a cloak or hood or mantle from that same green cloth color that the wizard and the apprentice are already wearing.

"...the color of the day is green...wear these..."

Great idea, oh Gryphon!

Last Nights work.... Ejrvindr Leathers with Brown Leather, Brown Leather and Orange Leather 50%, Orange Leather, Orange Leather and Iroku 50%, Iroku...

Case on his back with Arbuckles Brown, then Arbuckles Brown and Bosh Chestnut 50%

Agrax Earthshade on his staff

post-14271-0-52969800-1481425095_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-26614100-1481425096_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-94102100-1481425096_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-60891300-1481425097_thumb.jpg

Need to fix his right boot....

Might change the color of parts of his boots....

Dagrun

Her leathers with Brown Leather, Brown Leather and Orange Leather 50%, Orange Leather, Orange Leather and Iroku 50%, Iroku...

Her right hand pouch got repainted, as I missed the top part tied to her belt.... :wacko: (Same colors as before)

Her pants were done with Cool Grey 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. (Dark to light)

Her fur was done with the MSP Red Hair Triad of Auburn Shadow, Carrot top Red and Highlight Orange.

post-14271-0-46168700-1481425102_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-42128100-1481425103_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-45187400-1481425104_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-40852400-1481425105_thumb.jpg

Not really happy with the fox fur...

Thanks for looking and commenting!

George

• Like 9

No, it's the same texture as her cloak, just creased a bit oddly, I guess due to her hands being there...

And if you mean the brown, that is the strap of her shoulder bag.

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 2

So I glazed some GW Orange Ink over the fox fur, and some touches of Mojave White....

Necro Gold and Elven Gold on her belt buckle

post-14271-0-74127800-1481592311_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-63927400-1481592312_thumb.jpg

post-14271-0-64348400-1481592313_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-66474900-1481592314_thumb.jpg

His staff was done with More Walnut, then washed with Agrax Earthshade, SW Soft Body Black and Dark Sepia.

Then some streaks of Walnut, Walnut and Mojave White 50%, then Mojave White

His Saxx (the long Dagger) hilt was done with GW Bleached Bone, MSP Leather White, and a very thin Agrax Earthshade.

The Metal pommel and Crossguard with Black Metal, then Speed Metal.

The metal disk on the hilt with Decayed Metal, Victorian Brass, and a touch of Elven Gold.

His buckles with Necro Gold and Elven Gold

the potion bottle with WC Orange 5, with a glaze of GW Orange Ink, the top part with Vallejo Ivory and MSP Leather White

post-14271-0-70281500-1481592315_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-69868000-1481592316_thumb.jpg 

post-14271-0-76059100-1481592317_thumb.jpg post-14271-0-66594500-1481592318_thumb.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome!

George

• Like 10

I think you would do better repainting the fur a pale orange; then a couple of darker orange dry brushes over that.

You can see the fox fur goes from a very pale orange progressively to a darker orange/red brown toward the end of the hairs.

280px-Vulpes_vulpes_laying_in_snow.jpg

Right now the Girl looks like she's wearing some freshly removed intestines. Other than that, both Master & Apprentice look SPLENDID.

• Like 2