Sign in to follow this  
Orlando_the_Technicoloured

"Ghosts of Gaia" Bad Squiddo Games Kickass All Female Post Apoc Gang Kickstarter final 2 hours

Cross posting from Dakka to help spread the word for Annie

Hello! Just a quick post as I am running around doing twenty things!

"Ghosts of Gaia" is my very first dip into Kickstarter, launching today at 7pm. I'll put the link here later.

It's 6, but hopefully 10, absolutely stunning figures from Shane Hoyle. All female, all awesome, zero bare underboob.

CxVDAo6WEAAjGzj.jpg

Cheers!
Annie
Bad Squiddo Games 

• Like 4

From the KS pafe

WHO AM I?

My name is Annie and I run Bad Squiddo Games. I first became known in the industry as “The Dice Bag Lady†in 2011 and built up a solid reputation and customer base by providing high quality, unique dice bags to the world, creating a brand new style. This only came to an end when the endless needlework caused my hands to stop working, and I ended up diversifying into miniatures.

A year and a half later, Bad Squiddo Games sells the largest collection of 28mm female miniatures in the world. As well as manufacturing the ever growing Bad Squiddo line, I stock female figures from around the globe, focusing on those which are practically dressed (which doesn’t ALWAYS mean covered from head to toe!) and suited to the job. It gained momentum exceedingly quickly with a wide demographic of people, from little girls to army veterans. I sell online as well as at trade shows around the UK and mainland Europe, and focus heavily on a strong customer service as well as adding what many have referred to as a breath of fresh air in a sometimes dusty industry.

WHY KICKSTARTER?

I've built Bad Squiddo Games up from the bare bones by self funding and working pretty much all the time. By self funding, this is not starting with a lump of cash, it was crawling out the debt I found myself in when my hands (means of income at the time) had issues. So to simplify - buying one figure, selling it, buying two figures, selling them, buying four figures...and so on.

I'm proud of how far I have came in such a short time, and the hard work has certainly paid off. However, producing miniatures is not cheap, and there are so many miniatures I want to add to the range, and it can be a frustratingly slow process. Kickstarter is a great chance to have that cash injection to speed things along a lot.

If I go way over target, I won't be spending it on fast cars and solid gold shoes (maybe a celebratory beer and nice jumper), most of it will go back into more sculpts and production. So even if you are a fan of my company and sci fi just isn't your thing, this is will be beneficial as it means more shieldmaidens - sooner! More Soviets - sooner! More guinea pigs - sooner!

bac418d8fef495b1e88596761c325878_origina

892f84f9fe2f1b32cc6b545a0cfe5d47_origina

7f176a2cc92accce20d4a5beb271e1ff_origina

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 1

update 

Posted by Bad Squiddo Games (Creator)

Wow! Wow! Wow!

Thankyou so much! This is amazing,

I am currently sorting out the images for the stretch goals, I totally didn't expect to get this high up already. I think we need more gun pigs.....

At time of writing though the current stretch goals are:

£2000 - Dusty - UNLOCKED

£3000 - Mina - UNLOCKED

£4000 - Abra - UNLOCKED

£5000 - Angel

£6000 - "Gun Pigs"

£8000 - ???

£10000 - ???

There will be more add ons appearing as well, more merchandise.

You all get free badges! Woo!

What sort of merch do you want to see?

Thanks again! Raaar!

Annie

Bad Squiddo Games

Watched the video. The creator certainly is very passionate about her company and the Kickstarter so good for her! I wish her luck and it's good to see this seems to be progressing steadily along.

Also.

Congrats (or condolences) to Orlanth for reaching superbacker status on Kickstarter.

When did that happen?

Wow! Stretch "all" the goals! Moar!

Wow! So er, last night I fell asleep at the pc finishing off these stretch goal images. When I woke up this morning, they were all reached! Absolutely mindblown, amazing!

Below are the figures unlocked. They can be auto-chosen in Redemption and up pledges, as well as added on to any of the pledges (Haunter upwards).

Abra and Angel are currently getting painted by Andrew Taylor AND Ralph Plowman!

GUN PIGS ARE UNLOCKED!

Yessss! I already produce "normal" guinea pigs in 28mm, sculpted by Jo Brumby. So the gun pigs will be conversions of these, Darren Edwards is working on them at the moment, and they will be heading to the mouldmaker next week.

I also just wanted to triple make sure everyone knows that "Gun Pigs" are Guinea Pigs, and not the oink oink sort (the wheep wheep sort). As everyone knows that guinea pigs are the only animals to survive the blast.

f7871c54ac36d9fe6a6c9974332e0db1_origina

e620eb76bb597e9ec6547255fcf2e965_origina

9db20ad341bfccf5a52fcae67b34f937_origina

0f1fc6bdd2d38a1d110c31a682317727_origina

337709d1f7c4db7b3c5b24fadaf7ac23_origina

WHAT NEXT?

Well I might be a bit quieter as I have a wild day ahead of packing orders and packing for the show Reading Warfare this weekend, so I need to be doing that. If you are at Warfare - come along! I'll have the figures to "ooooh" over, as well a load of flyers to spam the world with. I am a one woman business so there is soooo much to do!

MORE STRETCHES?

I don't want to go too wild with the stretches but I have added some more on! MORE PEEGS! You blooming love the guinea pigs so..more! I blooming love guinea pigs, as you, er, may have realised.

I also have some beautiful tankers as well. The nearer we get to hitting that goal, the more you'll be able to convince me to show you more than just silhoettes.

8eddaf71ce4ccacaef81a5f58f9e8a22_origina

Right, enough ramble, back to packing regular orders so I don't get lynched!

----

If you can think of anywhere to share the campaign around - please do! I have around a lot of places, but I know there are more untapped! Specific sci fi/post apoc groups and forums would be especially appreciated,

Thanks all, I bloody love you, this is the best,

Annie

Bad Squiddo Games

• Like 1

From facebook

The Dice Bag Lady - Bad Squiddo Games

Darren popped in earlier to show me the start he has made on the gunpigs. This one isn't finished (needs attaching and a few more tweaks) but seen as my brief was "I dunno, guns n stuff - make sure it is ridiculous" it is definitely going to plan. 1f603.png:D

15094856_1155673804480702_72021995680101

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
  • Like 4

More beautiful paint jobs!

Just a quick update from my phone as I am away at a trade show (hastily eating lunch and typing this)

670b1f46426f646b7bf488aa55d512f7_origina

Might be enough to persuade some moving up pledge levels and get us those tankers!

Great to meet a load of backers already today in person!

Thanks as always 

Annie

• Like 1

Congrats (or condolences) to Orlanth for reaching superbacker status on Kickstarter.

When did that happen?

As a Superbacker myself, condolences are in order...especially to a rather beat up wallet.

• Like 1

When did that happen?

As a Superbacker myself, condolences are in order...especially to a rather beat up wallet.
Ooo! Now I know 2 superbackers!

It makes me feel better knowing people who have a worse addiction to Kickstarter than I do.

:;):

When did that happen?

Ooo! Now I know 2 superbackers!

It makes me feel better knowing people who have a worse addiction to Kickstarter than I do.

:;):

I have been a super backer since they gave out those titles. I don't know how many projects qualifies, but I bet I have doubled it.

I have a horrible feeling it might be base on money pledged as I wasn't a superbacker until recently despite having backed more (funded) projects that some other regulars who were......

but I'll chose to belive it just took longer to roll out to non US backers as a program

Sweet! I'm also a superbacker. Don't know when that happened. I have 70+ projects backed at the moment.

Hmm, some of the figures speak out to me in this project. Not sure if I'll back though.

Gun Peegs! Tantalising pictures!

Liked

4 likes

Hello!

I'm all back from the trade show and back to packing a trillion orders from the webshop! Everything is happening at once, both exciting and terrifying.

Anyway I thought I would start the wheek by showing you these gun peegs!

The pictures aren't the best, but Darren is a sculptor and not a photographer, so I will take much clearer and nicer ones on Wednesday when I receive the minis.

He's doing all eight peegs then we're going to split them into two packs. The RRP is listed as £5 at retail per pack of 4 but it will most likely be 6, so keeping it at £4.50 for the KS means you get an even bigger saving by jumping in now, so wooo.

These are the five of the smaller ones, the big gun peegs are coming next, two with heavy guns and one with a jetpack. WIP of one big gun peeg blow.

6a560c12fa6cd7355ac04c813831b02e_origina

below is showing how blooming big the big gun peegs kit is! Still lots to do one that one.

114b83728434202b16fbb800d12233cd_origina

And oh look, who is that? Capycannon?

84d25aeda2c472efa3b4afad2c195d37_origina

He's a WIP too, still needs shells and more kit.

He's only coming out if you're good, and will be limited, and in resin.

----

I'll be adding more pledge levels later in the wee to  [hopefully] include  capycannon, squiddo launcher Baggy, and something like a "I want a trillion peegs" pledge too.

As well as the merch!

Thanks all!

Annie

Bad Squiddo Games

• Like 1