Sign in to follow this  
Jaws

WIP: Competition entry, Evil Dead.

I am going to start a larger competition entry, and thought I'd make this WIP thread to help me keep a red line on the project. 

The task is to recreate a cover of a book or album. 

Nothing to post yet, except the cover which will be my inspiration for the entry. I have had it in my mind for a while, and this comp gave me an excuse to begin. 
Bits have been ordered, and work will commence once they arrive. :) Maybe a little sooner. ^^ As there are some things I can do right away. 

post-13938-0-50851100-1479481687_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Good thing there's a hassle free mini for that. The damsel I'm less sure of.

That is the one I've gotten. I also ordered their harem girl. And Gen. Bought both, so I can compare which works better. Best match would be one of the ladies from the Warhammer Coven Throne, maybe, but I don't want to spend too much making this, as it's mostly for fun. I can practice my sculpting and make them som clothes instead. 

• Like 3

The girls from the warhammer coven are way bigger than the Hasslefree ones.

Wouldn't be right.

• Like 1

The girls from the warhammer coven are way bigger than the Hasslefree ones.

Wouldn't be right.

Good to know. :)

I start the knights today, while I wait for the postman. 

Warm tea, some kind of easy to follow series, a bunch of paint and a spot of glue.. and we are off to go. :D

post-13938-0-32105100-1479650170_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Was too cold to spray outside today. Based with brush. Went with black, which was a mistake.. So now I've done three layers of earth tones.. Would be so much faster with white base. 

The girl is painted on the side while I wait for layers to dry. 

post-13938-0-53436000-1479726234_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Included the girl progress, too. Although, she's not really part of the project. She's painted at the same time. Need detailing now. 

post-13938-0-35602300-1479733282_thumb.jpg

post-13938-0-00065900-1479733285_thumb.jpg

post-13938-0-41059700-1479733280_thumb.jpg

Now to start painting the rest conveyor style. 

• Like 7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      I'm just about finished with my final piece for ReaperCon, and I needed a break. I needed to paint something fun and with no consequence. I've been eyeing this sculpt from across the room, and I just decided to go for it. Nothing super crazy, just some true metallics, which I haven't done much with in some time. Enjoy!

• By Godfather Punk
      Evil Dead 2: The Official Board Game is a tile and miniature based survival horror game for 2-6 Players based on the classic movie.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/evildead2/evil-dead-2-the-official-board-game

The officially licensed Evil Dead 2 Board Game is the tabletop experience Evil Dead 2 fans have been dying for--featuring at least 8 custom figures with art depicting the terrifying and iconic characters, monsters, and locales from the cult classic film. 2-6 players will work together in 60–90 minute sessions to gather pages of the Ex-Mortis while trying to survive demon attacks, supernatural events, and avoid turning into evil deadites themselves.

• By planetmut
      I've had Ragnaros (or Raggers, as I like to think of him) for almost a year. I was stuck on what colours to use for ages. Red and brass, my first thought, are a bit too Khorne-y for my liking, and I didn't want to do him in the classic plate mail colours. So I settled for a pretty mute palette: Vallejo Neutral Grey, a blue/grey sample from Reaper, and Army Painter Dark Tone, Plate Mail Metal and Rough Iron. I did the eyes with Vallejo Red to add some colour.

I thought about doing something flashy with his sword and shield, but then figured that Raggers isn't the type to bugger about with flaming swords and shields made of human skin. I also wonder how easy it would be to outrun him seeing as he's wearing about three tons of armour. The figure itself is so heavy you could put it in a sock and use it to mug people.

Raggers isn't based yet; after slathering on what felt like the fourth gallon of Dark Tone to finish him off I'm taking a break.

As always, comments, criticisms and cash are welcome.

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.

Changed the name of the Project.

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By Beagle
      Zombies in various historical uniforms (No British uniforms of course, we're always the goodies)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687110463/dead-through-time-28mm-undead-zombie-historical-mi?ref=discovery&term=zombie historical
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 117 Guests (See full list)