ced1106

Y�kai Quest by Zenit Miniatures

Not sure if I'm funding this, but Zenit miniatures has been in business since 2006 and has been involved with other KS (Kensei Undead, Nemesis, Last Saga). I haven't looked closely at their previous KS, so, if you have any comments, post them. AFAIK, While they've done work with metals, this is their first plastic injection model project. Anyway, they'll have a 24 hour EB on 11/19, starting 15:00 EST, so I thought I'd post. Delete this thread if someone already posted this KS.

More info about the game on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/OficialKensei/

Edited by ced1106

I backed their Nemesis and Kensei kickstarters, both of which were flawless and very generous.

They're one of my favourite companies

• Like 2

After Zenit's last undead kickstarter, I have to admit the last thing I expected was chibis.  But I do like painting chibis.

10+ mini's unlocked!

30fe23742f0df80c161282f0ebd301f0_origina

e40e47c7991094c949d09aca92668ccb_origina

de45bbd76b1662681a6b9ef83a1acaa7_origina

c0b66cd999f76be516ecee55f8c00aa5_origina

e6acfd0144e8f2d7be059a75f06bdb4a_origina

Edited by ced1106

Just added a second EB tier! Save five Eurobucks! 

104K -- Kami Boss unlocked!

0a70f7ed2125deb7997313d170dbc6b0_origina

d852a9f80e2f6fecefeb6ed17d35c933_origina

I like how the stretch goals are grouped into a common theme.  I was very happy with the last batch of Zenit minis from the undead kickstarter, and I've been building a collection of chibis, so this is a natural yes from me.

I've read though the kickstarter description a couple times now, but I'm not finding any statement on how big the miniatures are.  In the comments I requested a size comparison to other chibi ranges, although I'd be happy with a simple statement saying something like "the target size is similar to (whatever) mini range".

• Like 2

Yeah I like that update.  There were a number of us pestering them for scale.   :;):

I'll check SDE minis when I get home, although I'm more concerned with Impact's Japanese folklore chibis and Sodapop's Ninja All-stars as they are a natural fit with these.

• Like 1

Bob posted a scale comparison :)

Nobue almost unlocked, and only 37 2nd tier EB's left!

SDEcomp_zps2qjizgpo.jpg

• Like 1

Wish I liked chibis, but I don't.  I'll pass.  Well, maybe if there was some use with the Siege of the Citadel ones (which I also don't intend to add - but would consider).

Nobue unlocked! 

Looks like they're going with the SG model of unlocking the mini's in an expansion, then announcing that an expansion has been unlocked. 

The Mystic Forest Expansion

"When 150k Stretch Goal is unlocked, the Mystic Forest expansion will be completed! Then, we will add a new box, similar to the Oni Invasion Expansion Box: The Mystic Forest Expansion Box. This expansion box will contain:

• Kami of the Forest (Boss) x1
  • Itachi sama (Boss) x1
  • Dark Champion Mystic Forest x1
  • Spirit Forest x4
  • Forest Guardian x2
  • Tokon x8
  • Kamaitachi x8
  • Midori (Hero) x1
  • Nobuo (Hero) x1
  • Respawn cards
  • Item cards
  • Double-sided gameboards x2
  • The Mystic Forest Adventure Book x1

c46d1453b7565d8e1694b956dfe338db_origina

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

Beta rules are now available for download in update 11.

I hate to say it, but the rules look too simple for my tastes (or I've played way too many battle games).  Hopefully the items and ability cards add enough complexity and variety to spice things up.

• Like 1