Sign in to follow this  
Darkmeer

Dark Paints: D&D Ogre Mercenary

Dark Paints:  D&D Ogre Mercenary
Evil Ogres, this guy is BIG.  I based him on a 40mm base initially (he's still standing on it!), but I found it to be waaaaay too small.  I then put him on a 50mm base, and tried my Advanced Deployment arc marker tool, and I'm very happy with him.  He's painted to Tabletop quality, and he'll be used as an Ogre Leader for Pathfinder, Song of Blades and Heroes monster, and possibly in Dragon Rampant as well.  

The shield was a take on the Thalos "water" shield and I'm happy with how it turned out.  I don't believe he'll be working for Thalos anytime soon.

DSCF8087_zpssagtxed4.jpg

DSCF8088_zpst0brsuin.jpg

DSCF8089_zpsawhssjzb.jpg

DSCF8090_zpsnyrcwxbg.jpg

DSCF8091_zps9eypdkjz.jpg

C&C always welcome.

• Like 10

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      I think I have got the right mini name. He or she is from Fan Favourites. Painted simply, Scale 75 black metal, then a wash, then drybrush with Army Painter rough iron/rust colour. Tried to do a water effect on the base, layers of gloss mod podge with green ink and bits of wood from a log bag in the middle. 

• By Adrift
      #1 A Chainmail orc from WotC circa early 2000s
      #2 Bones marsh troll - don't love the final result but it'll do for tabletop play
      #3 Bones ogre guard - experimenting with skin tones for DND
      #4 My FAVORITE Bones 4 figure that I identified from the Dreadmere expansion #421 - I call him the Undead Friar.

• By boldfont
      I went canon with this. No airbrush. It’s a great sculpt. Really it’s too bad Reaper would have to make a knock off version because of the IP. I bet they’d make a great remorhaz. 

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, I was recently sorting through old pictures and came upon some interesting ones. I think I never posted this one.
      It's a Wizards of the coast Chainmail CM88705, Gnoll Trooper. I probably painted this it in 2006. I thought some of you might like to see it.
      Anyone knows who sculpted this model?

• By jay_dmloot
      I've been playing D&D for over a decade now, and while there are a lot of great terrain solutions for dungeon crawls, I always felt there wasn't a great option when it came to generic random encounters, like setting up camp for the night.

As a player, and a DM these random encounters often lacked meaning because they didn't have the same customization as encounters core to the campaign. So I decided to come up with a solution that was simple for a DM, and that made the encounter more meaningful for the player.

I made a 36” by 24” iron rubber base on which you can layer smaller magnetic terrain. For a DM It takes second to throw some trees, rocks, and other terrain down to make the scenario unique. Then your players can quickly arrange their tents, wagons and other equipment in thoughtful ways that make random encounters more meaningful.

There is 44 pieces of double sided magnetic terrain, so you can run pretty much any random encounter in the wilderness that you can think of.

If this sounds like something you'd use check out the kickstarter for more information.

http://kck.st/2UiDByd

I love feedback so please let me know what you think of the product. I designed it how I would want to use it, so if you feel like something's lacking, or should be changes Id like to know.

<mod> Full link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dmloot/dmloot?ref=project_link
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 125 Guests (See full list)