Sign in to follow this  
Darkmeer

03524 Masaki, Ronin

"My mission is noble, my heart is pure. I have nothing to fear."

This fallen Samurai surely is on an impossible quest to redeem his lost honor and clear his family name. But times are rough and being the proud warrior he is he dons his poverty as an armor and wields his trusty katana as an extension of his noble heart..

That kimono is awesome. Truly reflects the hardships he had to endure during his travels. Wonderful overall.

As a side note, if he had just defeated some vile minions of Aku, you could add some black to his Katana since his minions "bleed" black.

Edited by VolksFest
  • Like 1

This is a good evocation of a grimy white garment that still reads as white. Nice paint job.

• Like 1

His back is incredible! It really looks like he's in the middle of some iconic scene, with him moving, and a strong wind blowing past him... I halfway expect to see cherry blossoms. 

That is just fantastic work. 

• Like 1

Why thank you.  I don't know that it's fantastic, but I am happy to say that the whites and dinginess really works well for me and I'm happy that you like it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Unit04
      B:GCC - Mission 9 "A Sad Celebration" has the Joker and Harley Quinn (and minions) lowering some sap into a vat while Batman and friends attempts to stop him.  

Since I already painted Harley Quinn, I only had the Joker to paint, and he's pretty straightforward.  I messed up his lips a little bit but, honestly, he's got a messy look sometimes anyway so I mostly left it in place.   Its hard to tell from the tabletop anyway.  Katana was also pretty easy to paint, and looked really good in pure white and black.  Spoiler I never heard of and her cape makes her a bit unbalanced, but she looks fun to play. 

I do love the Joker's pose, with the pistol held carelessly and the knife gripped tight, ready to strike.  

Spoiler: NO CAPES!

I must admit, I like Katana's pose and color scheme.  

• By Glitterwolf
      This is Bones Nakayama Hayato Iconic Samurai.
      I found his details a bit crude and decided to paint it as a statue for my Nippon Project.

Speed Paint with the Reaper Stone Triad.
      Scale 75 Decayed Metal, P3 Molten Bronze and Vallejo Verdigris.

WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/&page=10&tab=comments#comment-1829761

There is a legend that deep in the woods around Kyoto there stands a statue of one of Nippon's greatest warriors.
      If one would find it and paid respect to it the statue might bestow luck on that person.
      It is also believed that when the Empire is in dire need, the statue will come to life to fight once more to protect Nippon.

• By 72moonglum
      Hi guys,
      so here's a figure I just finished, an old Ral Partha Saturday Night Fever Samurai, who I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's based on John Belushi.  Pretty straight forward figure to paint, and I wanted to give him more of a five o'clock shadow (thanks Patrick for the advice) but I just gave it to him where it was actually kind of sculpted in.  I looked at a few reference pictures of John Belushi in his Samurai suit, but eventually went a slightly different route to give a bit more color to him. I tried to get a little bit of heat from his cigar too, don't know if you can notice a bit of red and yellow by the ash?

Anyhows, I hope you guys all enjoy this little blast from the past!
    • By Glitterwolf
      Another Clan Wars mini I got from @Jasper_the_2nd for my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon project.

This time an ONI OGRE.

WIP HERE:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/

When asked for their allegiance the Oni joined forces with the murdered Toda Clan and the last survivors.
      Due to the family ties they swore to annihilate the Kenmu Clan for their foul deeds.
      In battle these Oni terrified the enemy, larger than men and wielding huge weapons they cut their way through the Kenmu ranks.

• By Glitterwolf
      Here are three more Samurai Zombies from Clan Wars, I got them from @Jasper_the_2nd
      They are very nice sculpts and I had a lot of fun with these.

WIP is here:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/

The Undead Samurai slowly advanced, nothing could stop them, arrows just got stuck in their flesh or armor and they kept going.
      Another volley, nothing stopped them!
      The now undead Toda Clan sought revenge to those who had wronged them.
      They kept coming, determined to slaughter their enemies.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 1 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)