• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

About this project

Fusion is a new concept in basing that allows for the easy creation of display quality basing.

The idea is simple. A series of wall, floor and plinth elements that can be mixed and matched for a variety of possibilities.

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.

1. Pick a floor.

2. Add a wall (if you want to).

3, Add a plinth (if you want to).

We have designed them with a tabbed system to allow for a quick and easy fix.

b35559ca1d8ba6a8529d085fa968bbe9_origina

It doesn't end there though. Each floor piece comes with a little infill piece so, if you don't want to use a wall, you can just glue the infill piece in place and you have a simple floor. To give even more versatility we have designed a series of plinths that accompany the bases perfectly. Whether you opt for a plain, or detailed plinth, you will get a great looking display, or you may choose not to use a plinth at all. The choice is yours and that's the beauty of Fusion.

We have created a series of themed sets. Each contains a variety of floors, walls and plinths that mix and match with each other. Each Deluxe set comes as standard with 3 floors, 3 walls and two plinths giving you 48 different combinations!

8e87de2c44cf5511d71020149df12fd8_originaEach set offers huge scope

Each floor piece is 40mm square and the plinths 40mm cubes. They have been scaled to work 28-32mm but most items can work with slightly bigger or smaller scales too.

7174e4877eb8e8f03c22445bce7d0afb_origina30mm Scale mini shown for reference

All photos show the parts simply butting up with no gluing or filling. A little prep work would ensure an even smoother fit if you wish.

With this kickstarter we hope to create the basis for an ever expanding range.

Each piece is cast from high quality resin and cast inhouse using professional casting equipment for ultimate quality control

This is Wamp's second kickstarter. Our first last year saw us smash our target by over 5000% and we sucesfully delivered a well received product. With experience we hope to run an even more sucessful campaign.

The Sets

To launch, we are offering five different themed sets. Each set is designed specifically to fit with the other pieces within that set, but many can be mixed and matched with parts from other sets.

Our launch sets are:

• Street
  • Medieval
  • Nature
  • Ship Deck
  • Sci -Fi

As we hit our funding targets more sets will become unlocked, as well as additional items for the starter themes such as optional extra floors or walls.

We have plans post kickstarter to expand the sets to offer a whole range of floor and wall options and they will become available to buy as seperate pieces too.

Street Set

The street set is a great pack to get your hands on. The initial pieces have been designed to work with a variety of subjects and can work as Victorian, Georgian or modern periods, and as such can accomodate Historical, Steampunk, Modern or Pulp themes easily.

bb7f791f47f56d2a7b7eff79879a72b8_originaContents of the Deluxe Street Set

Nature Set

Let's face it most of us do a natural base or two, so this set is great for those times. These are perfect for adding extra foliage to and really giving depth to your piece. We have two walls (the rock and tree) already sculpted as well as the tree stump floor almost done.

b92499a11d552058dba4c9d68b33bb25_origina

Medieval Set

Minis and stone walls go together like beer and kebabs. This set works especially well with the street set. A floor and wall are already sculpted.

09f1be2b0e127c9d01828c0851c15aa7_origina

Sci-Fi Set

Are you a robot sent from the future? Well if so this is the set to make you feel at home (unless in the future you all live in caves or houses fashioned from carrier bags and garden implements).

cd1d960882f62d63ee5c10c80a743a26_origina

Ship Deck

Arrrrr me hearties! Pirate minis are uber trendy right now so here's something to make those swashbuckling minis feel at home. One wall and one floor are already sculpted and cast.

26c37aa4d95fe02edd49f1b3de4716fc_origina

• Like 1

Looks okay. I guess. Not sure the market exists though.

It seems to me that the paint-for-gaming crowd will buy sculpted bases because they want a nice quick base, and don't care that it isn't one of a kind, but a base like this would be too cumbersome. The paint-for-display crowd is probably more focused on unique scratch built bases, so I don't think they are really the market either. 

Maybe this is for people getting into paint-for-display but currently lacking the scratch build chops?

It seems to me that the paint-for-gaming crowd will buy sculpted bases because they want a nice quick base, and don't care that it isn't one of a kind, but a base like this would be too cumbersome. The paint-for-display crowd is probably more focused on unique scratch built bases, so I don't think they are really the market either. 

Maybe this is for people getting into paint-for-display but currently lacking the scratch build chops?

As a display painter who loves to do scratch built bases, I can actually see a lot of uses for these. Yes, you can leave it as is and just add paint but there is a ton of possibilities for modifications and additions. I am looking at them as something I can use as the core structure of the base and build from there. Some of the elements I could even use separately on other bases. They will also be good for the times that I am running out of time and am not able to build the base myself. I am not looking at it as I get a base but instead that I am getting a feature, a topper, and a plinth.

That is my thoughts on the matter and I am in for a nature and medieval sets. I may get some add-ons later but that may depend how they do the pledge manager and if you can add more after.

• Like 5

As a display painter who loves to do scratch built bases, I can actually see a lot of uses for these. Yes, you can leave it as is and just add paint but there is a ton of possibilities for modifications and additions. I am looking at them as something I can use as the core structure of the base and build from there. Some of the elements I could even use separately on other bases. They will also be good for the times that I am running out of time and am not able to build the base myself. I am not looking at it as I get a base but instead that I am getting a feature, a topper, and a plinth.

That is my thoughts on the matter and I am in for a nature and medieval sets. I may get some add-ons later but that may depend how they do the pledge manager and if you can add more after.

That makes sense. More bits for the bits box, essentially. 

• Like 1

I'm not really up for stuff, budget-wise...but this would clear off a couple minis waiting for custom bases. I'm still not very good at making custom bases for my display stuff, so I guess I'm the market.

I especially like the plinths, though I need to get better options for that for my stuff. I currently just lop an end off an oak stick and paint if black.

Hi folks,

thanks for the interest and comments.

Just a quick update, we are almost 200% funded and heading through unlocks. We have already opened up a stretch goal that adds a free ruin wall option to every set you get if you pledge for 3 or more sets.

We are also very close (£24 short at time of writing) to unlocking the next one that gives free magnets and drill bit to every set.

We also just launched a facebook contest to help spread the word. Its the usual like,share thing and the winner will get £50 wampstore credit for their troubles. As a bonus if the winner has backed the kickstarter we will double their pledge contents at no extra cost. So theres something for those that don't fancy backing the kickstarter too.

Heres a link to the facebook post:

Wamp Facebook Contest

• Like 3