Sign in to follow this  
Willen

Green Lantern - PEZ dispenser repaint

Wow! Wonderfully done and what a great idea!

As others have said, looking at your work I would never have guessed it started out as a Pez dispenser.

Thank you all for the nice words.

It surely beats spending many dollars for a bust, if you just want to practice at a larger scale, right?

• Like 3

I'll keep my eye for any superhero PEZ dispensers for you...

You can sometimes find these inexpensively at secondhand stores and thrift shops as well.

I know they made a Flash bust at some point - also Spiderman, The Lizard, Green Goblin, Catwoman, Superman and Wonder Woman busts, that I can recall... Some of them are over a decade or two old, though. Not sure just what they've done since the recent spate of superhero movies in the past few years.

You can also find just heads for Thor, Wolverine, Iron Man, Hulk and Capt. America, but I don't know if they've ever done busts for them.

Edit: Hmm, apparently they have busts for most of the Disney Princesses as well.

(Awhile back, I bought a couple of Disney Paint-Your-Own-Princess sets that each came with a pair of 6-inch resin statues. They had some pretty decent detail on them - more than good enough to use them as statues for gaming, I could probably use them as giants.)

Edited by Mad Jack

That is a great idea and the repaint is definitly an improvement. Gladly the dispenser was not covered in gunky paint nd it seems the modling is also quite good. Another excelelnt source for scale appropriate miniatures (e. g. wildlife) are Kinder Surprise eggs. Not all of them will work, but sometimes they have good stuff.

• Like 1

That is a great idea and the repaint is definitly an improvement. Gladly the dispenser was not covered in gunky paint nd it seems the modling is also quite good. Another excelelnt source for scale appropriate miniatures (e. g. wildlife) are Kinder Surprise eggs. Not all of them will work, but sometimes they have good stuff.

I was under the impression that these were unavailable ( illegal) in the USA?

EDIT:

I just googled a bit.

There are also Marvel Superheroes, I spotted Iron Man, Cpt. America, Thor and the Hulk.

Also Star Wars.

A great resource for cheap repaintable little busts.

And there is an older set with another version of Batman and Superman, and Wonder Woman!

Edited by Xherman1964

Kinder Surprise are illegal in the US? I am amazed, as children growing up in Germany we always got a Kinder Surprise from our Grandma on her weekly visit and I am still alive :P.

Maybe you can still get the miniatures contained via ebay. This is anyway  a better choice than buying a blind bag.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this