Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

GOAL MARKERS! These and more for tabletop Fantasy Football!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ravengarfield/goal-markers-these-and-more-for-tabletop-fantasy-f/description

From the Artists Guild at Dark Tower Studios, I'm introducing goal markers and more for your favourite fantasy foot ball game!

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

About this project
dcb029208d16b8f7c8f553a8bc37eac4_origina

What's a good game of your favourite Mob Ball footy without a goal to train your sights on?

And why settle for flat, lifeless markers that don't represent the flavour of your favourite team?

The Rule of Cool is this: Aesthetics Matter. You spend a lot of time and money collecting and painting a team that looks amazing. Don't miss this opportunity to have items from my Dark Tower Studios line that look just as inspired! 

cb7e60e0a9088acfb3685e97f64a00fd_origina

For those of you who don't already know me, I'm Raven.. Raven Garfield. I sculpt a lot of different things in a lot of different genres. I've sculpted dinosaurs and exhibits for museums around the world, illustrated campaign projects for major global companies, painted promotional pieces for wargaming companies, sculpted entire lines of products for giftware companies and completed countless projects as private commissions and executive gifts. 

When you back my projects, you're acquiring items from a professional artist with over a quarter century of related experience. All of my pressure cast products are designed to be top quality with high visual appeal. Dark Tower Studios is my brand devoted to miniatures wargaming and related hobby pursuits and is no exception to my drive to deliver on quality goals. 

c22840cc7be6f3f8d1d28bad22b348c7_origina

Speaking of goals, let's talk about those and all the other products I'll be offering since that's what we're all here for. We'll start with GOOOAL!!! Markers... LOTS of GOOOAL!! Markers!! TWELVE in fact!! Ten will represent the specific themes related to ten different teams ... RIGHT NOW... from the beginning ... no stretch goals or unlocking required to get YOUR team ordered today! So no matter who you play, your opponent will know you are dedicated to your squad when you drop one of these on the pitch! And by pledging for more markers, when you're playing someone who doesn't have a custom GOOOAL!!! Marker of their own, you can be the hero and drop down a marker for their team in front of them! Don't have their team's marker or you're using it for your own team? Grab my generic goal markers and BOOM... save the day! 

Let's have a look at the Concept Art for the first TEN GOOOAL!!! Markers up for grabs right now!

662a99d4c148558a94844498ba959067_origina

e9468fd69c8cbe5e51c5f326288434db_origina

2a54bb64d8a0d7152657ffbef98bc0cf_origina

a90f8666bafec61931f546891958543b_origina

106515095cf8f1acac79b878c2f330e3_origina

591b5c64935abcecb0f4970c5a3c7f55_origina

c2e3e5809facf4aadc7e8f95e43e9768_origina

36b75977256684512c410c5ad29dedab_origina

2f5e66026ab749bf8e3d56ebce41269c_origina

a6b17c7abfe45e43fa91eae884e508ac_origina

Of course, with this being Kickstarter, people are expecting stretch goals, right? But I said there were no stretch goals for unlocking GOOOAL!!! Markers, so how are we going to handle this? Easy... SCORE BOARD!! You need a way to keep track of the goals you score. Sure there are lots of utilitarian ways of keeping track, but remember the Rule of Cool - Aesthetics Matter!! 

If we hit our first Stretch GOOOAL!!! at $1,250 CAD, the Scoreboard will become available as a reward. 

Not enough? Well a flat pitch would make for a dull game, so how about we throw in some obstacles as other Stretch GOOOALS!!! ? This is where YOU get to really help out! Crowdsourcing the funding to make new pieces is certainly the main part of any Kickstarter project, but I want to go beyond that. I want to crowd source IDEAS! Just as every team is represented with a thematic GOOOAL!!! Marker, I want to create thematic obstacles as well - think about it, team specific scatter terrain!! Your hard working crew of brick layers might spill a wheelbarrow of bricks on the field, while the meat-hackers may be seen dragging a fresh carcass out to get in your way. What will we come up with? I'm as excited to find out as everyone else! As we collectively decide on what we want, I can set the new stretch GOOOAL!!! amounts that we need to get us there.

To help meet this objective, I'll be setting up a group on Facebook to serve as a meeting place for people to share ideas and brainstorm with me on how to create the best looking markers, terrain, gaming and display accessories in the hobby.

a88359114dfcde5680ef407b0be31cc6_origina

As you can see above, I'm big on Concept Art and have used a lot of it for this Kickstarter. I'm a fast sculptor, but not fast enough to get everything done in time to launch before a busy shopping season. I've worked out concept art for the ten starting teams, and will continue to produce new concept art for the remaining generic GOOOAL!!! Markers and all stretch goals. I'll update this project with pics of new sculpts as they are completed so that everyone can see how they compare to the concept art. My idea is that even if a piece you want isn't sculpted yet, you can see how the other pieces have translated from concept to reality, and have the confidence to back the project knowing that I will deliver all of the other pieces to the same standard. In this way I can offer all the goals so everyone gets in on this project right away!

Concept Art will become increasingly important as we begin unlocking stretch goals. Why? Because not only does concept art help me share with you what's coming up, it also gives you the chance to help change the pieces into something fantastic! The best example I can think of to illustrate this is the changes that the alchemists goal went through thanks to feedback from the gaming community. The final piece is completely different from what it had started out as and is SO much better than the original idea. Check out this progression:

352e8658211aefe7cce34f3f156b26df_origina

As you can see.... concept art and being open to suggestions plays a huge role in my creative process, to the betterment of all.

So how do the actual sculpts look compared to the concept art? Have a look at my work bench for some "piece in place" shots and decide for yourself. I think I've translated the 2D into 3D quite faithfully...

3ef62385c0b30c8eaebd1441796c02f9_origina

db35cf420b2d865273434bc6c0462fef_origina

efd05451a98274219849e8e704996d1c_origina

9cf4b0e1961d47dcdebf8f0e47a2d379_origina

And there we have it! GOOOAL!!! Markers for fantasy football from me, Raven Garfield, and Dark Tower Studios... right here on Kickstarter. I hope you'll get behind this project, what I hope will be the first in a number of new terrain and accessory projects inspired by gamers, for gamers!

CHEERS!!
SKOL!