Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
guangi32

A star to steer by

Recommended Posts

oh no, Arn, oh no, he, uh, um, oh no...

 

"I think we do need to rescue our ship, eventually.  Please, what sides are we to chose between?"

 

cbs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SPEAK EASY docks with a luxury cruiser that turns out to be the home of MiLady Amie Grunzel.  While waiting for the docking bay doors to close Guntier Doth turns to you.

 

"I must say again that I am sorry how this turned out, the loss of a companion is surely devastating.  An the loss of the ship was most unfortunate.  And all for a minor data file.  If the Imperialists get this file validated and in front of the Sector Government it will swing support in their favor.  This is because I am an unfortunate political liability for MiLady Amie.  I was a Scout and then a teacher of exploration history.  I wrote an inflamatory tract denouncing Federation Policies and look the other way politics, like the cesspit we just flew away from.  I was jetisoned from my teaching position and became a drifter."

 

He pauses as the docking bay doors lock and the siren sounds indication pressurization begining.

 

"MiLAdy took me in to discuss the politics I had gotten published and a belief she had that out federation had grown too rapidly and would easliy become a Dictatorship if the wrong people set up shop.  Then there was the Imperialist movement in the Chiorfram Sector, almost the same as the Azact Regime that was overthrown there ten years before the FSB came in."

 

As soon as you step out of the SPEAK EASY you are ushered into a luxuriously appointed room.  A veiw screen lights up with the face of Amie Brunzel.

 

"I am sorry that things worked out this way," she says without preamble.  Continuing "You have two options now, or perhaps three" a brief wry grin "join me, flee from this or join my enemies.  This move was unexpected and opens many unpleasant possibilities.  I can tell you more but, I have to know that you are with me!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Before I make any descisions. I want our ship back and I intend to go do it. You people can help if they want, may even sway my decision. Nick, Joshua, I may have a plan, you will have to trust me though." We an discuss it on our way to survey what kind of forces we have to deal with in trying to take the BULVIES back. Are you with me? Do you want to make the attempt?"

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I can respect that decision," says Amie.  "Guntier, you will help them and then we will meet at  Base Delta Victor.  Bring them along if they decide to join us."  At that the screen goes blank.  

 

"We are enroute to the jump point," says a crewman who enters as soon as the sceen goes blank.  "We haven't much time to get you out, there are three vessels closing on us that refuse to answer hails."

 

You reboard the SPEAK EASY and manuever away from Amie's ship the ANYAMAR DREAM.  The three persuers ignore your vessel and soon you are over the planet again.

 

"So what's your plan.  I've got this shotgun, two laser pistols and a short sword I picked up during Scout Service." says Guntier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"First let's see what we are up against. I want to know if they have gotten into the ship or not. So let's land and find a nice out of the way spot to survey the area."

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

???

I would have bet good money that I posted this info already, but it's not here so let me try again, with some edits.  

???

 

You've been moving fast and Guntier Doth seems helpful and willing to continue to provide assistance.  He manuevers in while the city is torn up by rioting and turf wars.  All sparked by the fight at the Brewery.  There is no official tracking of your landing in a warehouse shell, the remanants of an old fire.

 

Guntier sends his remote drone to scout the scene some two miles away.  There is little to see in this section of the city.  Most inhabitants have rushed to the richer sections of town for loot.  At the hanger you see that the BULVIES is still there and under guard by at least two persons, armed with laser rifles and dressed out in reflec armor (light but durable, good against laser fire, not so good against projectiles).  One of them sees the drone and brings it down with a well placed shot.

 

Guntier's other drone will not fly, some sort of mechanical failure.  So now it's up to you to walk, fly in with the SPEAK EASY or anything you wish to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Two guards. Hmm. did anyone notice if it looked like they had gotten into the ship?" Sira looks at the others. I suppose we will find out when we get there, but I would like to know ahead of time. Let's take the SPEAK EASY in closer and recon the area in person.

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sira, I'm with you. We may be able to retake the ship. I've lost one of my crew, I don't want to lose the ship as well. Arn wouldn't have been taken down without a fight, he might even have survived, but I don't think we can do anything about that until we have our ship- and thus all our personal effects and equipment- back under our control."

 

"If it comes to a fight, our best bet would be to get in fast. We'll head for my quarters rather than the bridge, I can do more from there in this case, and I have a pistol, that should make light work of that reflective armour, stashed there too. This town's gone straight to ####. I say we just ignore all regs and fly right on in. I wonder how much fight those guards will  have left in them with a ship's armaments pointed at them?"

 

politics! I HATE politics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sira smiles at the companions. "Don't worry, we'll get through this together and in one piece. I for one have a score to settle with the Imperalist over Arn's death. Now, let's go see what we are up against."

LT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cityscape where you are is relatively quiet.  Once a small group of looters passes you.  They look at you as not worth the trouble, with easier pickings nearby, in the richer sections.

 

Not far away, a couple miles at most, there is fire and violence.  Occasionally you hear the explosions.  

 

After scouting the location you find a vantage point in an abandoned building across from the Hanger where the BULVIES is parked.  In the street is the smoking wreckage of Guntier's drone.  The guards set by your attackers are still in place in control of the main entry.

 

There was an entry through the attached quarters for security, but this also boasts a guard.  And on the roof of the Security quarters there is a forth guard.  The only other way in is through the open top of the hanger.

 

The hanger is in effect a roofless building with sheds along the inside perimeter for storage and an attached building for sleeping quarters.  Once there was probably a closing mechanism for the roof hatches but not anymore.

 

As you debate your next course of action, you notice that Guntier Doth has grown quiet, he stares at the laser pistol in his hand and mumbles, "...and no one will get hurt who doesn't deserve it...."

:O

Sira had mentioned a plan and the location you have ended up would be workable.  You have, by my recollection, only a few weapons with you.  You are going up against men in armor with laser rifles.

 :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, now, this is just peachy. Armed and armoured guards, and we only have pistols.." He quirks an eyebrow at Guntier's little outburst, before Sira catches his eye.

"Uh, Sira..... are you smiling?"

Why do I know I'm going to hate this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"why, yes I am. I hadn't planned on tell you all this for awhile due to the prevail attitudes of the 'galaxy' at large. But." She pauses "my abilites can aid us greatly now. I am a Psi, I am gifted with the ability to read minds, move object and to 'teleport'. I propose I teleport with Joshua to inside of the ship. From there the two of us can activate the ship and the guns. Using the guns we drive off the guards. Nick you and Guntier will need to get to the SPEAK EASY and be ready to drive it as fast as you can into the hanger and up the ramp to the ship when Joshus  cues you. The we can take off and meet with her ladyship, there are some questions I want answered. Or we can continue on, but I would like to know beforehand if we can expect more 'problems'." She walks over to Joshua, I can't make you do this, but you will be fine. I will be the one all fragged out. In fact I will be at my weakest as I am going to use everything I got to 'cushion' you from the strain of the 'port. One of us has to be able to function at full abilty when we get to the ship. And since your the captian and you know how to fly her...that means you. Do you trust me?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...