Sign in to follow this  
72moonglum

Some old school Ral Partha figures

if they are Ral Partha's then you may be able to get the wizard from Iron Wind Metals there buggy. If you know, you feel your hording needs kick in.

• Like 2

Great work in all of them. Splendid! I especially like the NMM and the nifty details on things like gems, belts, etc..

Oh and the freehand on the shield is just awesome!

• Like 1

Those are BEAUTIES, especially the Warrior Babes; re, your expressive faces are WONDERFUL. Your brushwork & color choices are SPLENDIDVERY WELL DONE!

I still have quite an assortment of the old Ral Partha pieces with a lot being the Silver & Steel range. I now have a need to go through them. Thanks for the inspiration; today may be much more interesting than I had thought it would be.

• Like 2

Thanks all for the very kind comments!

@Master Buglips - ShadowRaven is correct, this one you can still get from Iron Wind Metals. This is one of three-stage adventurers that they did way back in the day. This is the first stage wizard. The others two were the wizard more advanced in his career, longer beard, more voluminous robes, bigger staff and such. If you ever needed it, his code is 03-040.

For my shield on that Silver and Steel chick, I didn't want to leave it blank, but didn't really know what to put on it, so finally came up with that blue dragon spitting lightening. I hope at least that's what it looks like

@malefactus - I'm glad to hear you're inspired with the Silver and Steel pieces. Those were some really nice figures, some done by Dennis Mize and some by Jim Johnson. Dark Sword picked up that torch with their Larry Elmore line.

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 1

Missed this when it was first posted but just had to say Wow, these are really nicely done!

It's great to see some old minis getting painted to such a level.

• Like 1

Thanks Darsc! Glad you enjoyed them. I really like the older stuff. Working on four more at the moment. Hope to get them finished if I ever find the time. Been too busy with other not as fun things at the moment.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dan S
      My first painted miniature of the year, Darius the Wizard.  Hopefully this will get the ball rolling again!

To be honest I am not generally a fan of plastic minis, I grew up in the days when miniatures were almost exclusively lead or pewter and so maybe I am a little biased, however I got this guy free with a recent order and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the new Bones USA plastic.  It feels solid, and is a lot more rigid than some of the other plastic miniatures I've had in the past, which can often be quite soft or even bendy.  The detail seems much more crisp and sharp too.  I think I may finally be converted to the world of plastic minis!

He was painted in an afternoon, whilst the base was made from Sculpy Clay, using balled up tinfoil to give it the stone like texture.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everyreaperbody! 
      So just recently finished these three go-lucky ladies, a trio of Dancing Girls sculpted quite a while back by Dennis Mize.  Colors were the hardest part fo figure out plus I tried to do some semi-transparent clothing, not sure how well that turned out

and here they are together:

Wanted different hair and different skin tones for each one.  Relatively small figures, almost horrified when I see them so close up, but oh well, such is the curse of this hobby.  I'd painted a set of them maybe 15 years ago.  Don't have any pictures of the original set unfortunately, and then I went and sold them on eBay for I don't remember at all how much.  So I'm glad I got a hold of another copy to do again and keep.

I'll probably be putting them on super-simple bases in the near future, just so they don't fall over.

So anyways, hope you enjoy!
    • By Darcstaar
      Another that started as a WIP.
      I was going for an East Indian skin tone.
      I find this figure curious for a mage, with armor and a spear.  And strange scalloped shapes on her back.  The color washes out the difference between the orange and yellow colors, sadly.

WIP Link below.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/90829-darcstaar-vs-bones-1-episode-6-devona/&tab=comments#comment-1928602

Enjoy.

• By R2ED
      Based him and done. 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you reaperlaiset! 

So since the beginning of the year, I've been working on a little project to get all of these Thunderbolt Mountain fairies painted.  It's actually taken extra long because I painted two sets of these, and the duplicates were all the same colors, but it logically takes twice as long.  It was hard to decide on colors for these guys, but I did want to do a unique skin color for each one and a unique leotard color as well for each one.  I ended up doing the tutus the same color because I I would have done each one a different color, it would have take so much longer and as they are kind of a unit, I wanted something that would kind of bring them together.  These all belong to a set of Ballerina Fairies, sculpted by Tom Meier, inspired by an idea from his daughter.  They were originally from his company Thunderbolt Mountain, and are now available again through Ral Partha Legacy.  There's six of them so lots of photos to follow:

and here they are together:

So these are some pretty small figures, and I'm going to eventually put them on some simple bases.  I wouldn't almost mind leaving them like this, but I don't want them to tip over too easily.  I might work on the bases this weekend.  So anyhoos, enjoy!  I had quite a lot of fun painting these.  They are very delicate and detailed figures, but didn't take too long to really paint ultimately because they aren't overly laden with all those dingly danglies you find on lots of more modern figures. I've got a few more of these to do with some Pegasi, will do those some day in the not too far-flung future.  

• Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)