Sign in to follow this  
canuckotter

77038: Hell Hound

Love the mini but the eyes need something more than just plain white.   Maybe a touch of the inner blue or an alternate color to reflect the magic within?

Edited by robinh
  • Like 1

Other than the spines/spikes/bones needing a little more color like you mentioned, I think it looks good.

• Like 1

Love the mini but the eyes need something more than just plain white.   Maybe a touch of the inner blue or an alternate color to reflect the magic within?

Sadly, the eyes aren't plain white. They're... Dirty Bone, I think? With a touch of Spectral White in the middle. But they washed out to pure white in the photos. (And pretty much in person too, now that I look at it again.) I might try those again. Thanks for pointing that out. ::): 

• Like 1

imho, I might wash the spikes with a blue wash, diluted a bit so it's not too dark, but just gives them that tinge of blue to go with the flames/blackness :)

lovely job in any case!

• Like 1

I disagree, actually: the spikes work just fine for me as they are.

The whole color scheme suggests an animate shadow, or something which formed itself out of a pool of tar. The spines fit in perfectly with that; as though the whole thing is in darkness (so you're seeing with rods not cones). The blue looks a little like blue flames giving off just enough light to see. The spines fit in with that perfectly as they are now.

• Like 1

That is one NASTY looking puppy...GREAT brushwork & an EXCELLENT selection of colors. I love the sleek black you achieved.  VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Thanks all! ::D: 

That is one NASTY looking puppy...GREAT brushwork & an EXCELLENT selection of colors. I love the sleek black you achieved.  VERY WELL DONE!

That's high praise indeed, considering the source. ::): I was originally going to go with darker "flames" but then I was looking at your thread and thought, "Yeah, my guy needs a lot more boldness and brightness somewhere in the colour choices." :lol: So I made the highlights a lot more drastic than originally intended, and decided I liked them. So thanks! ::D: 

• Like 1

Otter,

I like it.

A little pupil in the eyes, and maybe a wash on the spikes and you're knocking it out of the park.

Personally I would use a little flesh wash on those spikes.

Anyway, you did a great job.

And congrats on this one getting into the store.!

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this