They look great. Establishing a good wood look is always harder than it should be -at least for me that is-. I am pretty confident your formula will work great. Thank you.

• Like 1

How would you define Cashmere Tan highlight in term of color?

In terms of Reaper paints... Probably in the neighbourhood of Terran Khaki - http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/khaki/sku-down/09122  The Antique White I used seems very close to Linen White http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/linen%20white/sku-down/09061 and the orange is pretty close to either Explosion Orange or Highlight Orange.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Silvervane
      Well, awhile ago I started making some terrain for my Frostgrave Dark Alchemy solo mini campaign.  Longish story....Then squirrels happened.  I then decided not to wait to finish my terrain, and just go with what I had made and not painted.  I'll nether confirm nor deny that I also used Lincoln Logs to make wall to fill out that first board (and there are no picture left to prove it). That round went well.  I then managed to finish up building the hirst arts wizard tower in a ruined form.  Next round went way worse... TPK.  You take 4 character and your wizard or apprentice.  They all got taken out by a series of bad dice rolls.  The bad dice roll continued and I failed all my survival rolls for the characters in that mission.  Well I decided I really wanted to finish this piece so here is a thread showing the before painting it.

Here is some shots of built with my now deceased WIzard, who is roughly the same size as Sir Forscale.

• By canuckotter
      Getting into more Bones 4 goodies. (For once being in Canada is to my advantage when it comes to shipping!) Doing some frankly ridiculous hell hounds from the Fan Favourites expansion. Ridiculous because of the colours I've chosen, to be clear - the sculpts are delightful, if a little more explicitly male than I might have preferred... 

This first one is going to have a pink glow in all the cracks. The goal is to look sort of like lava only weird and magical. Not sure how well it's going to look but we'll find out! 

First step was to paint the poor beastie pink... Really only the cracks needed to be pink but there are so many cracks and I was so tired when I was doing this that I just slopped pink everywhere:

Then tonight I started to go back and make the dark plates:

Hopefully more tomorrow!
    • By canuckotter
      Starting in on Bones 4 already! (It's impolite to ask how I'm doing on Bones 3.) And I had to start with Izzy, because Izzy.  

Just roughing in some colours, and sadly had only a couple minutes to paint tonight and part of that went to cleaning up some of the disaster from the last time the kids painted.

Suggestions on colours for the rest of her would be greatly appreciated!
    • By bluecrowlaura
      Hello all! Here are a few pics of my second official terrain project. It's a castle/boss chamber, I suppose. I didn't really have anything in mind when I started building it; I was just fooling around with my new molds, tinkering with dry stacking. This eventually emerged.

I built it using Hirst Arts molds and bits from both Reaper and Mini Monsters. The Reaper parts are Large Sarcophagus (77540) and parts from Magic Treasures II and III. I made the flags from salad container plastic and various bits; one of these days I would like to go back and paint more detailed flags and replace these. I see so much amazing freehand banner work and I have artist envy...!

Happy painting,

Laura

• By canuckotter
      Calling these little maniacs done. Not the greatest paint job ever and I should probably have done something - anything - with the bases, but oh well. They were a ton of fun to paint. 

For those who hadn't seen the WIP thread, these guys are old Night Goblin bodies (sent to me by the ever-amazing @malefactus ) with heads from the Frostgrave plastic gnoll kit.
  • Who's Online   42 Members, 1 Anonymous, 68 Guests (See full list)