Got Mahogany Brown on all the plates and spiky bits on all the limbs and tail.  There are a lot of plates and spiky bits......

Did the claws in the same colour but looking at the pics I think they will definitely change.

Just before lunch I stuck the limbs on him for a pic (the tail wouldn't stay.....)

post-8239-0-68058100-1480525008_thumb.jpg

Now off to the garage to see about the snow blower.  Then hopefully a start on all the back plate thingies.

• Like 19

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did an initial run on the back plates.  Blends still need a lot of work but it gives the basic idea.

post-8239-0-83387300-1480545230_thumb.jpg

And apparently I need to paint that bit of the shoulder there.

The plates at the top of the arms still need to be done in the same way.

But the power is back on and I need a break. My neck is pretty tired after this much painting plus two hours rolling around on the garage floor converting the lawn tractor over to snowblower, then an hour clearing snow.

• Like 17

It was a good break.  I watched a show and slept through most of another one.  ::D:

Apparently I'm tired.....

Gonna go finish up my CCC Incinerator and post pics of those 3 (I wonder where my background is??). Then I'll see how I feel.  Right now I'm thinking bed and a nice early start to a (hopefully) less eventful day tomorrow.

• Like 8

Back at it a little later than I'd planned but I had a good sleep and I'm not too stiff from doing the snowblower yesterday.

post-8239-0-40894500-1480605161_thumb.jpg

Tried out the Grey Brown triad for drybrushing the skin.  I think I like it.

Then went through and cleaned up all the skin on the appendages.  Letting that get good and dry before drybrushing,so early lunch!

• Like 15

Well, I think the fates are conspiring against me.....was happily painting away. Wife comes on, the 18 year old put her car on the ditch on his way out our road. So an hour and a half later, and $75 tow ( not to mention how much all the plastic on the front of the car will cost) i get home to no power again. Sigh.

• Like 1

Well, I think the fates are conspiring against me.....was happily painting away. Wife comes on, the 18 year old put her car on the ditch on his way out our road. So an hour and a half later, and $75 tow ( not to mention how much all the plastic on the front of the car will cost) i get home to no power again. Sigh.

Man... you are definitely having a roller coaster ride on this one! Keep up the good work when Life allows... it's looking absolutely great!

• Like 1