So I kept finding little indents that I missed on the brown on the base, even after going over it 2 more times.  So the brown is getting a strong tone wash.  That should take care of it.

In the mean time I tried doing some nails.

post-8239-0-60589500-1480799958_thumb.jpg

My neck and shoulders are way too tight right now.  I nearly messed up about a dozen things on that leg with my random brush movements, think I might have over done it a bit.

Luckily it is supper time.  Gonna go take some pills, eat some turkey, and put a hot pack on my neck.  Hopefully it'll be better after all that.

• Like 12

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Once I got over the initial disappointment at finding this thread had nothing to do with Goblins, I figured I should comment on what is potentially a FANTASTIC creation...for a dragon that is. 

The BIG Scaly Guy is coming along in SPLENDID FASHION! GREAT WORK!

• Like 6

Once I got over the initial disappointment at finding this thread had nothing to do with Goblins, I figured I should comment on what is potentially a FANTASTIC creation...for a dragon that is. 

The BIG Scaly Guy is coming along in SPLENDID FASHION! GREAT WORK!

I might try a challenge involving Goblins another time, I was thinking about it earlier actual when I happened to notice the Goblinaid boxes sitting on my shelf. X Goblins in X Days (in a month) type thing maybe, although with the number of Goblins I have unpainted I'm sure I have enough to do a 365 Goblins in a year challenge.

But I want to make it VERY clear that I'm not doing a 365 Goblins in a year challenge.  Nope. Not gonna happen.

• Like 4

365 in a month, then? :devil:

I don't think that old spray can of Goblin Green I have in the basement would cover 365.....

Ah, I see your problem. Goblins are actually tangerine. ::P:

I've done tangerine (and yellow, and a bunch of other colours.....).  But my first Goblins (Clan War) were green.

Plus I don't have a spray can of Tangerine  ::D:

• Like 2

Back on topic, my neck is feeling a bit better now.

Was able to get the base done to an acceptable level.

post-8239-0-09469800-1480808274_thumb.jpg

post-8239-0-41269800-1480808272_thumb.jpg

In the first picture you can see my poor little base coat/drybrush brush is getting pretty worn. The one I've been using for blending and details is holding up better.  I've got my good Raphael size 0 on standby for precision work, and a bunch more of the green guys ready to jump in should one of these two troopers fall.

Time for a "rest my neck" break, then back to the nails or belly, unless something else calls to me.

• Like 11

Another productive evening.

Got the claws all done and touched up a few spots on the legs and arms.  Legs join the tail and base as being done, other than touchups from assembly and such.

Moved on to the belly.  My original plan was some wet blending, but my initial attempt looked like crap, so I tried some drybrushing.  Liked that better.  Then thought it needed more definition, so Stone Toned all the lines between plates.

post-8239-0-55266400-1480822599_thumb.jpg

I think that looks alright.

I'll take a look in the morning and see if I have to touch up anything from the strong tone.

So, all that is left is:

touchups on the body (I'm sure I hit  a spike or two while drybrushing....in fact I can see at least one in the pic)

the head

checking the fit on the back plates

then cleaning up the blends on all the back plates, plus doing the shoulder plates

and then assembly.

• Like 15