Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

WWB1990 - Wood Elf Band Archer(?)

That is one of G.W.'s old Regiments of Renown miniatures; in this case it was a Wood Elf Band whose name escapes me. They were SPLENDID miniatures AND your brushwork is up to their renown. OUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

That is one of G.W.'s old Regiments of Renown miniatures; in this case it was a Wood Elf Band whose name escapes me. They were SPLENDID miniatures AND your brushwork is up to their renown. OUTSTANDING WORK!

Thanks Malafactus !

I thought he was one of the old ones, based on the casting.  Sure is a lot of detail, and I had fun.

I'm sure we'll get the name nailed down :)

Your enthusiasm and kind words are most Inspirational !  Thank You !!

Edited by Jasonator

Very nice work on him!

Any reason you chose a dungeon base instead of a woodland one?

Thanks Chaoswolf !

This is one of the more simpler answers I have given.

Its what I had in the package! 

I was given this as greatly appreciated gift, and I knew so little about these figures,

that I gave it cult status, thats what it came with,  so thats what I gave it.

I wanted to draw attention to the mini, not the basing on this one.

I thought it so kewl and part of the early history, I wanted to not gussy up the base,

and take away from brilliance of the figure.  This stuff was revolutionary in its day.

So I treated it with my respect.

• Like 2

And that is just as good a reason as any other.

Thanks Chaoswolf;

I'm glad for the support, and the comments on these miniatures.

Sometimes just going with the flow of where the colors I choose are leading me.

Other times fighting up stream with difficult color choice.

I Sometimes ane anazed at how the Show Off forum presents me with  so many different opinions about what I have

or have not done, it was refreshing to hear your question ! 

Thank again.  Soon it will be another mini I'll be working on !

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      So this is the test figure for my orc warband for frostgrave and mordhein (WIP thread here)

I like the palette so far and I'm happy how this guy turned out. I will post other minis as I paint them. Cheers! 

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      So have been doing lately a lot of classic Julie Guthrie from her Partha days and the last one I've finished is what is currently listed as an Archer, but that previously came in a set of three Rangers in her Partha Line "All Things Dark and Dangerous".

Being he's these days called an archer, I kind of deviated from the typical browns and greens as I kind of wanted some deeper, darker colors. I started off with his lavender shirt and then just kept going with different plums and purples. So he's not too nature-like but he's maybe a moon or night ranger.

Anyway, hope you enjoy him!

and here's that image he originally came from back in the eighties.  I've got the two guys done, I'm working now on the gal with the staff, hope to have her done before Memorial day is over:

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening everybody!
      Just finished this one up last night and got pictures taken this afternoon.  This one is an old school Julie Guthrie model from her Ral Partha All Things Dark and Dangerous days. Can't say if it was originally just an archer or a ranger, but she's definitely an archer and it doesn't take much imagination to make her a ranger as well.   As always, colors gave me fits, but with the thought she was a ranger, I wanted mostly greens and browns, with some pops of colors (like her lavender money bag and her red sword hilts).  The hardest choice on this lovely lady was the color choice for her gloves. I finally gave up and painted her with a light green (the same green that I'm using for the interior of a cloak on my next figure).  So anyway, I took a bunch of angles of her, hope you like her! 
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, In the wait of playing Scourge of the Howling Horde adventure, I recently painted these two nuisances. Inspired by Anne Foerster work displayed in Reaper's Online Store, I went with the classical orangish skin tone and dark leather color. I also added war paints on their face and limbs. 07003 Dungeon Dwellers Bloodbite Goblins sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By TripleH
      Started working on this guy today for one of my player.
      Since I'm a "newbie" and have no experience in working with skin, I was wondering if Reaper's Flesh Wash would look ok with the Elf Flesh base-coat for the skin.

For the hair, the player want him to be carrot-top with a touch of grey. The could prove to be interesting. 

I'm also looking for suggestions for his clothing. almost anything is fair game, all though the campaign setting is in a desert/desolation area.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 3 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)