02770 :: Lunkh, The Hill Giant and the Silver Dragon Egg

Lunkh
The Hill Giant and the Silver Dragon Egg

If you haven't figured it out by now, I enjoy giants, and I have prolly said as much here more than once.  There are many more giants in the queue that is my shelf of shame.  However, I am doing my damnedest to move the queue.

A long while ago I picked up this hunk of metal named, aptly, Lunkh.  Much like the Ogre Mage, Master Phthalo, I based him on a two-inch square piece of shale along with stones, sand and ballast.  He got a primer coat of some tan paint I had on hand at the time and was promptly shelved in my home office.

You can check out the WIP post to see everything I did to get him here.  WIP

The foliage is different colors of moss along with some ground foam in muted red and bright green.  The moss was washed with some Reaper Walnut Brown to enhance the inner shadows of the bushes.

I present to you,
"Lunkh, The Hill Giant and the Silver Dragon Egg"

post-7739-0-46050800-1480394539_thumb.jpg

post-7739-0-00359800-1480394538_thumb.jpg post-7739-0-76751200-1480394538_thumb.jpg

post-7739-0-00602300-1480394545_thumb.jpg

post-7739-0-57735600-1480394543_thumb.jpg post-7739-0-23440900-1480394544_thumb.jpg

Enjoy.

I hope you enjoy him.  Check him out in the Inspiration Gallery. (approved)

Added to Thrym's Index of Reaper Miniatures & Thrym's General Show Off List

Edited by Thrym
  • Like 22

Awesome job!!!

Great painting. I simply adore the base.

Great work!!

...you'll need a BIG skillet for the Dragon's egg.

Your creation is FANTASTICBEAUTIFULLY  painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks to all of you.  I am quite happy with him.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Good Friday everyone, I just took some pictures of the 02479, Ettin I completed last night. This is a Dark Heaven Legends metal model that was sculpted by Jason Wiebe. It stand on a 50mm base and I painted it with Reaper MSP paint. Coincidently, I was delighted to see the amazing upcoming two-headed Troll also sculpted by Jason Wiebe that was announced last night during Reaper Live #117 on Twitch. (see the image under spoiler and the end of the post).

• By golldan
      This is the Hill Giant from 77939. I have not finished the cat yet, so I only have the Giant here. I have been trying to add various colors (layers of color for one area/color) to my minis to make them more interesting. Following some of the painters here and other utubers and painters like Angel G. I used an Imperial Purple base for this entire mini and then did Troll Flesh as next base for skin and then built up reddish skin tones for skin and then went lighter tan. Hope you enjoy, I had fun painting him.

• By Samedi
      Painted the dress during Brice Cocanour's "Beginner Blending" class at RVE. Finally finished with touch ups and the rest of the mini.

The moment I finished the face, I started to really dislike the mini. Not the painting (which was really fun) or the sculpt (which is really well done), but Tinley as a person. Very weird. Has something like this ever happened to you?

I'm sorry, Tinley, should you ever see a gaming table, you'll play on the villain's team. 

Enjoy, c&c very welcome, as always!

• By 72moonglum
      Tere Reaperlased! 
      So here's another miniature from the days gone by, a Julie Guthrie Female Giant, originally in her All Things Dark and Dangerous line.  This is apparently version two of the miniature.  The first one I painted maybe a year or so ago, a more primitive looking hill giant lady, who has always been one of my favorite figures Julie has sculpted along with her female centaur

Julie Guthrie Hill Giant

Julie Guthrie Centaurs

Anyhoos, here she is:

and then afterwards a comparison photo so you can see her against one of her contemporaries, a female mage:

once again, color choice was so hard and I have no idea where the inspiration for purple hair came from. I think it was due to the fact that she wasn't a earth-tone hill giant, but a little more civilized. And we all know most civilized women have purple hair. 

Anyhows, hope you enjoy!

• By nirnaethbearclaw
      Painted Krug up for an upcoming game with my kids. Can't wait to get him on the table

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)