Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

3 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I could yell at you in my best drill instructor voice if that'd help?

Meh, that would be annoying, but not sufficient motivation.

Edited by redambrosia
Why did it put a new line in there...
  • Like 6

I admit, I can't recommend an immersion blender hard enough; even though the only things I consistently use mine for are whipping cream, making mayo, stirring peanut butter and ... okay, I use this thing for a lot of things...

But a kitchen gadget has to have that kind of flex or I'm not interested.

If my crockpot eats it, I might consider an Instant Pot, but for the moment.... I don't need one. ^^;

Butchering day today. Wish me efficiency.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

If my crockpot eats it, I might consider an Instant Pot, but for the moment.... I don't need one. ^^;

Your crackpot eats other appliances???:blink:

I am concerned...

• Like 12

Just now, Kangaroorex said:

Your crackpot eats other appliances???:blink:

I am concerned...

Yours doesn't? I keep spare, deceased small appliances around to feed its wrath; else it start on the cats or something. ;p

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Yours doesn't? I keep spare, deceased small appliances around to feed its wrath; else it start on the cats or something. ;p

That's one way to keep the "as seen on tv" stuff from colonizing the kitchen 

Speaking of colonies, it looks like we have a new bee colony setting up shop on my front porch.  Time to contact the local beekeepers and see who wantS some new playmates

• Like 9

Husband's ACKs game went well yesterday. One player managed to get killed...twice. We're currently trying to find a good breakfast place on the way to our Ex3 game today but no luck so far since everything we've found opens at 11 and we'd need to be leaving wherever by 11:30 to have time to get to our friend's apartment. Apparently, we're facing "#consequences" today because of some previous choices we made. Like unintentionally handing over a super weapon to the bad guys.

RE: Instant Pot, they don't take up much more space than a crock pot but in my kitchen that's a lot of space. So we've actually considered getting rid of the crock pot or at least storing it until we get a house. 

@Pingo that sounds delicious. Stuffed grape leaves are one of my favorite things ever.

ETA: I didn't get any painting done last night because I decided to watch the rest of Dexter on Netflix. Too many feels to effectively paint.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Pingo said:

Yawn.  Up way late last night with the first session of a new game. (In our senescence, way late for us is about 10 PM.)  Much fun and excitement was had, and people who had been sitting on epic backstories for some weeks were finally able to share them.

In related news, I made a big Persian dinner (with some modifications for tastes and allergies) last night that went over well.  (Sharp-eyed forumites may have noticed me mentioning various aspects of Persian history the last month or so and yes, the meal was related to the game.)

I turned an entire leg of lamb into lime-and-saffron marinated shish kebabs.  There was so much of it I froze half of it, but people ate it all up last night.  There was also a chicken dish stewed in pomegranate juice and ground almonds (originally it called for ground walnuts, but we have allergies) that turned out amazingly.  Also some kind of beef-and-lamb meatball with coriander.  All served with steamed jasmine rice (and also quinoa, the only non-Persian dish, for our friend with diabetes who can't eat rice).  And carrots with saffron and an arugula salad and grilled tomatoes and cucumber yogurt dip and pita bread and really good feta cheese and stuffed grape leaves.

I made everything ahead of time in a kind of epic kitchen frenzy, so that all I had to do was heat it up on game day so I could participate fully in the gaming.  :lol:

It did mean we were using half-painted minis for the first game session.  I think I can live with that, though, because dinner was super well received.

Now I want to be in your games for the delicious immersion. :wub:

• Like 8

*** Swings through the thread hanging on a vine, shouting AAAARAAAARRRRAAAAAROOOOO!!!!!***

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Sounds like a good time.

What is the basic premise of this activity; get together in a bar/restaurant and play rpg's?

That's basically it.  There were 15 tables running a variety of games (Pathfinder, 5E, Shadowrun, DCC, Pugmire, Dradlands and a bunch of others).  We had two rooms at the Seehund, and about 70 people or so.  It costs nothing to play, but most people end up buying drinks and food.  Plus you can buy raffle tickets for various gaming stuff (there were 5 different raffles, and the proceeds go to raffle prizes next time).  I also ended up getting small leather dice bag as thanks for running a game.

Of anyone within driving distance wants to give it a shot, I have couches and cots of they want to spend the night.

• Like 7

59 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

*** Swings through the thread hanging on a vine, shouting AAAARAAAARRRRAAAAAROOOOO!!!!!***

casts Grease spell on the vine

proceeds to look innocent

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

That's basically it.  There were 15 tables running a variety of games (Pathfinder, 5E, Shadowrun, DCC, Pugmire, Dradlands and a bunch of others).  We had two rooms at the Seehund, and about 70 people or so.  It costs nothing to play, but most people end up buying drinks and food.  Plus you can buy raffle tickets for various gaming stuff (there were 5 different raffles, and the proceeds go to raffle prizes next time).  I also ended up getting small leather dice bag as thanks for running a game.

Of anyone within driving distance wants to give it a shot, I have couches and cots of they want to spend the night.

That sounds like a ton of fun, actually.  I wonder if anyone around here does something like that...  We've got a nice restaurant where you can play board games while you eat, but that wouldn't work for RPGs. 

Pingo is also making me miss the days when there were more players at our D&D games than children.  Right now the children outnumber the parents by about 2 to 1.  Makes food logistics so hard that we've given up and order pizza, but there was a time when I'd make real meals.  :down:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Does that usually work? The innocent part, I mean.

points at something behind Chaoswolf

Look!  A red-banded gollywhumphus!

vanishes without waiting to see if CW takes the bait

• Like 4