Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

18 hours ago, Pingo said:

I once painted Reaper's Svetlana, Frost Giant Princess, with a snow leopard cape.

As an added challenge I did it with only two colors: Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna (plus white).

I don't think I had seen those.  Pretty freakin' amazing!

As for the games, man, we have had some good kick-offs to games, but that was Epic!  

53 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

That sounds like a ton of fun, actually.  I wonder if anyone around here does something like that...  We've got a nice restaurant where you can play board games while you eat, but that wouldn't work for RPGs. 

Pingo is also making me miss the days when there were more players at our D&D games than children.  Right now the children outnumber the parents by about 2 to 1.  Makes food logistics so hard that we've given up and order pizza, but there was a time when I'd make real meals.  :down:

I too miss our RPG Days.  We only had one child in attendance, but that was toward the end before it all fell apart.  Still, ten years was a good run. From time to time we would go through a cooking phase, and then we would go through a "junk food" phase.  All in all... lots of good memories.  

I did spend time catching back up on housework yesterday and making more progress on my hobby room.  It had migrated again, back to where I started several months ago, but I still had books and assorted things stacked all around because I kept being in plays at the local theatre.  So freeing not to have to go somewhere five-to-seven nights a week for 2-4 hours.  

Now, I've got a couple of painting tutorials to catch up on and then supper and some more dishes before I pick up a brush later on.  

• Like 8

The insides of my food is fascinating.

Yes, I butchered a chicken today. I learned things. I'll spare you all the gory details. ^^;

.. and my marveling at the size of rooster .. bits. *snork*

Curry Wednesday, I think; that was a pretty skinny peanut.

• Like 10

On 07/04/2017 at 4:32 PM, sumbloke said:

Not long left until the weekend...

Tomorrow I'm making my kangaroo curry. Looking forward to it...

I actually started on it that night and had it going in the slow cooker for about 25 hours. It was very tasty (and my girlfriend, her sister and the sister's family agreed).

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

The insides of my food is fascinating.

Yes, I butchered a chicken today. I learned things. I'll spare you all the gory details. ^^;

.. and my marveling at the size of rooster .. bits. *snork*

Curry Wednesday, I think; that was a pretty skinny peanut.

That brings back a lot of memories. How did you enjoy the chicken pluckin'?

• Like 5

... managed to dry-pluck about 95% of him. Had to scald for the last handful or so. There will be feathers all over the neighborhood for a couple of days; we had a pretty good breeze while we were working. :/

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

... managed to dry-pluck about 95% of him. Had to scald for the last handful or so. There will be feathers all over the neighborhood for a couple of days; we had a pretty good breeze while we were working. :/

Did you use a candle or lighter to burn off the hair on the skin?

• Like 4

My adorable little NieceBoot has me totally wrapped around her wee finger. My parents dumped out a whole bin of animal hand puppets, and she's spent the past 20 minutes picking up each one, bringing it to me, proudly declaring what it is, putting her hand inside to demonstrate that this, too, is a puppet, then either handing it to me or placing it on my lap.

I am now a mountain of stuffed animals.

*happy AuntyBoot* ^_^:wub:

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Did you use a candle or lighter to burn off the hair on the skin?

Nup, most of that came out after the scalding without trouble. Another of those things I never knew about chickens...

• Like 7

I'm assuming gizzard, singular.  I throw them away.  The critters won't eat them.  Hearts and livers I can work with, but gizzard is just not worth it.  Especially if you have to remove gizzard stones (only gotta miss one).

• Like 5

My work sets the bar for ridiculousness. As a part of the remodel they removed the front desk. We're supposed to have self check in kiosks and iPads to help guests. Our desktop computer is now located in a closet where our office used to be.

The door handle broke off, so if the door closes while I'm inside I'll be stuck there.

Oh, and I have to do my work on that desktop computer.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, kitchen_wolf said:

I'm assuming gizzard, singular.  I throw them away.  The critters won't eat them.  Hearts and livers I can work with, but gizzard is just not worth it.  Especially if you have to remove gizzard stones (only gotta miss one).

My mom always had a really easy way to deal with them. She just cut a slice one end and then pulled both sides. They peeled away from the inner sac, and everything is taken out nice and neatly. That leaves you with two perfect halves of a gizzard with no inner mess

• Like 7