Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Oh the glories of search functions that take ages to run. 

Plus side is I get to catch up on the forums. Been weeks on the WIPs or Show Off. I fear a mark all as read is coming. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I'm not sure if I'm more fascinated or appalled.

Neither I, and I was the one with my hands in there!

For now, I'm going with fascinated. It all goes together and it /works/. And some of it is very tasty, properly cooked. So ... yes. Fascinating.

... no, I did not save the skull for basing. I /know/ someone is probably wondering... ;p

• Like 9

Blegh. Why sit in front of a computer when I could be sculpting?

... paychecks.... ;A;

I need to wake up! Get through the day so I can go home! Whoo!

• Like 8

I just watched the Ragnarok trailer. If we don't get at least a cameo by Beta Ray Bill I'm going to be sad. 

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

For now, I'm going with fascinated. It all goes together and it /works/. And some of it is very tasty, properly cooked. So ... yes. Fascinating.

... no, I did not save the skull for basing. I /know/ someone is probably wondering... ;p

Would make a great skull for a Roc.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Blegh. Why sit in front of a computer when I could be sculpting?

... paychecks.... ;A;

Could be worse. I dropped being a computer science dual major in college (and back to just singular with engineering) because I didn't want to sit in front of a computer all day. 

Very funny, universe. Very funny.

Goes back to watching the computer search for things.

• Like 11

... I knew /someone/ was thinking it. Around here, anything that can conceivably make a base, will end up on a base in some form.

And this is, barring incidents, my thousandth post. So much for 'not talkative' ... ^^;

• Like 16

17 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

... I knew /someone/ was thinking it. Around here, anything that can conceivably make a base, will end up on a base in some form.

And this is, barring incidents, my thousandth post. So much for 'not talkative' ... ^^;

Amateur ::P:

• Like 9

57 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Chicken skull?  Cool!

I once prepped a lamb skull after whole lamb heads inexplicably turned up in my neighborhood supermarket.

17 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Congratulations!

• Like 10

Pingo, you must have a Very Interesting Market; I have trouble getting anything past lamb chops and the odd leg around here.

1 minute ago, Xherman1964 said:

@Sylverthorne I like the name you chose..Keeper of Chili-bombs..

Thank you. I was hoping it was as clever as I thought it was. ^^;

• Like 9

So I am reading the book  The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World. It is hysterical, you all should read it.

especially the chapters where Squirrel Girl has a squirrel break into the avengers mansion and steal phone numbers, then starts texting with Black Widow, Iron Man and of course an appropriate member of Guardians of the Galaxy.  She is trying to get superhero advice, with mixed success. 

Anyway SQ's mom (she is 14 lives with her parents in this version)  is described as follows: 

"Her mom was in her studio painting faces onto tiny sculptures of elves.62

62 Then sells them online.  Some people don't want to paint their own Paint-Your-Own-Elves TM but still want to own painted Paint-Your-Own-Elves TM , so she does decent business."

yes that's footnote 62.  she is fond of footnotes. Foot note humor as good as Adams or Pratchett 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 14

38 minutes ago, Evilhalfling said:

So I am reading the book  The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World. It is hysterical, you all should read it.

*snip*

I tried to read Squirrel Girl, but just didn't find her interesting.

• Like 3