Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

1 hour ago, Evilhalfling said:

So I am reading the book  The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World. It is hysterical, you all should read it.

especially the chapters where Squirrel Girl has a squirrel break into the avengers mansion and steal phone numbers, then starts texting with Black Widow, Iron Man and of course an appropriate member of Guardians of the Galaxy.  She is trying to get superhero advice, with mixed success. 

Anyway SQ's mom (she is 14 lives with her parents in this version)  is described as follows: 

"Her mom was in her studio painting faces onto tiny sculptures of elves.62

62 Then sells them online.  Some people don't want to paint their own Paint-Your-Own-Elves TM but still want to own painted Paint-Your-Own-Elves TM , so she does decent business."

yes that's footnote 62.  she is fond of footnotes. Foot note humor as good as Adams or Pratchett 

Sounds interesting! I think. LOL.

Weirdly, that footnote is part of my future business plans. After I sculpted that Flareon last year, I had decided that I wanted to make bigger cuddly minis that could be painted by the buyer and/or sell painted. ::): 

And just like that, halfway through the daaaaaaay......

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

As someone who works in the environmental regulatory sector, do NOT dispose of things down wells. Even 'dry' ones. They still penetrate water bearing strata even if the water level has fallen below them for now. Any rain that flows down said 'dry hole' still infiltrates the aquifer. 

Umm.  I maybe take these things too seriously. 

*throws glitter down the dry wells*

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

I took some painkillers and killed my headache!

Now to slay the rest of Monday!

Good for you; glad you're feeling better! Now, enjoy your vacation!

4 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

Neither I, and I was the one with my hands in there!

For now, I'm going with fascinated. It all goes together and it /works/. And some of it is very tasty, properly cooked. So ... yes. Fascinating.

... no, I did not save the skull for basing. I /know/ someone is probably wondering... ;p

Awww....::(:

4 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

... I knew /someone/ was thinking it. Around here, anything that can conceivably make a base, will end up on a base in some form.

And this is, barring incidents, my thousandth post. So much for 'not talkative' ... ^^;

Congrats!! Nice title, too!

15 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*throws glitter down the dry wells*

That's how apocalypses (and/or glitter wars) begin, y'know...

• Like 6

Or as a pre-emptive strike against said Barbarian who adds it to his coffee and his skull mugs... Poor Ub3r ... there will be mashing of buttons tonight!

Invoke @ub3r_n3rd

Edited by Grayfax
"Incantation Ragimificatus"
  • Like 7

Pretty sure with the proper glittery purple nail polish we could paint a skull mug for him for ReaperCon.

:devil:

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

Pretty sure with the proper glittery purple nail polish we could paint a skull mug for him for ReaperCon.

:devil:

I already sent him glitter skulls just before last Reapercon. He's using them to slowly build up a tolerance to it.

• Like 7

So... a Glitter Skull Pezler Dispenser?  Yeah... good luck that he is using them the way you intended... I highly doubt it.  Snorkel plugging on our favorite Drow is more likely...

Ok, one major project done!  And... great... just realized I'm a quarter short to get me some Trail Mix from the vending machine and I forgot my Cliff bar at home.  Oh well... I'll have to power through the WOD without it.  At least it is mostly lifting and no running today...

• Like 7

D&D tonight. Gonna be playing my heavy armor wearing, axe swinging, dwarf wizard for the first time. It's going to be different.

• Like 12

Aw man... I just found out that Reaper used to make Legend of the Five Rings and Exalted minis... once again I ask myself why I didn't know about Reaper sooner!?!?  Well, my consolation will be that I have a package waiting in my mailbox for me with 3 Reaper minis and a book!  Now to make it home alive!

• Like 14

Just now, Grayfax said:

Aw man... I just found out that Reaper used to make Legend of the Five Rings and Exalted minis... once again I ask myself why I didn't know about Reaper sooner!?!?  Well, my consolation will be that I have a package waiting in my mailbox for me with 3 Reaper minis and a book!  Now to make it home alive!

This is sad, husband is currently running an Exalted 3rd game and sometimes it's hard to pick minis for it.

• Like 8

How is Exalted Third Edition?  I enjoyed some aspects of two but never found anyone to play with...

3 minutes ago, Unruly said:

D&D tonight. Gonna be playing my heavy armor wearing, axe swinging, dwarf wizard for the first time. It's going to be different.

At some point, someone's gonna probably call him "Sparklefingers" or something... 

• Like 6

Just now, Grayfax said:

How is Exalted Third Edition?  I enjoyed some aspects of two but never found anyone to play with...

It's great. I'm still getting a hold on how combat works but otherwise it's a pretty good system. It seems to run pretty smoothly when we can manage to all get together.

• Like 4