Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

4 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Aw man... I just found out that Reaper used to make Legend of the Five Rings and Exalted minis... once again I ask myself why I didn't know about Reaper sooner!?!?  Well, my consolation will be that I have a package waiting in my mailbox for me with 3 Reaper minis and a book!  Now to make it home alive!

Oh yea? Well, they used to make DooM minis too. Those are the ones I'm really upset about. I want a Cyberdemon to use as a Troll in Shadowrun.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

At some point, someone's gonna probably call him "Sparklefingers" or something... 

They do so at their own peril. Especially if they're a caster. He's a level 6 Abjuration wizard with 18str, 19int, and heavy armor. He'll shut down their casting, take away all their buffs, and then walk up and cleave through their face with his axe. Or he'll just hit them with fire bolt over and over again until they're cooked to a delicious medium...

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

This is sad, husband is currently running an Exalted 3rd game and sometimes it's hard to pick minis for it.

10 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

How is Exalted Third Edition?  I enjoyed some aspects of two but never found anyone to play with...

At some point, someone's gonna probably call him "Sparklefingers" or something... 

8 minutes ago, SparrowMarie said:

It's great. I'm still getting a hold on how combat works but otherwise it's a pretty good system. It seems to run pretty smoothly when we can manage to all get together.

We're playing second edition at the moment, heavily modified and with the history changed a good bit.

We have some Anima Tactics minis we got for Exalted for their anime look.  And there are some sorta Japanese and sorta Chinese minis that sorta match the game aesthetic.

And Reaper still makes some figures with ludicrously big swords for that sharpened-refrigerator-door-on-a-hilt look of the Exalted weaponry.

What I would like to see is transparent elves suitable for Jadeborn and Adamant Alchemicals.

Are people interested in starting a thread for miniature figures suitable for Exalted?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Unruly said:

D&D tonight. Gonna be playing my heavy armor wearing, axe swinging, dwarf wizard for the first time. It's going to be different.

That was my first 5e character too! He was so much fun!

• Like 4

On 4/8/2017 at 11:10 PM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Drinking and Dragons went well.  Other than the fact the the venue was exceedingly loud (go figure).

I ended up having two no-shows at my table.  I tried calling a certain Floating Skull, but his voice mail wasn't set up.  

Actually, my phone was off most of the day - I dunno what time you called, but I didn't get the message until it was far too late to get there... :down:

1 hour ago, Grayfax said:

Aw man... I just found out that Reaper used to make Legend of the Five Rings and Exalted minis... once again I ask myself why I didn't know about Reaper sooner!?!?  Well, my consolation will be that I have a package waiting in my mailbox for me with 3 Reaper minis and a book!  Now to make it home alive!

The Exalted minis are a bit hard to find, but you can find a lot of the LotFR on ebay... I think my FLGS still has a couple blisters of Reaper's LotFR figures, but I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last of the Exalted awhile back.

• Like 1

Just now, Mad Jack said:

Actually, my phone was off most of the day - I dunno what time you called, but I didn't get the message until it was far too late to get there... :down:

The Exalted minis are a bit hard to find, but you can find a lot of the LotFR on ebay... I think my FLGS still has a couple blisters of Reaper's LotFR figures, but I'm pretty sure I grabbed the last of the Exalted awhile back.

Just looking at what I've found, some of the old official Exalted minis were better than others.

• Like 3

I never played Exalted, so I found them a bit odd as far as style goes... In hindsight, I probably should have bought them anyway, while the couple that I wanted were still available back in the day at my FLGS.

• Like 1

I've got the Wind Zenith Monk (at least that's what I think it's called).  Basically a mint with a sword strapped to his back.  I got the concept of a character I had perfectly.  Never did get to play that guy, hence the mini remains in its blister.

Speaking of blisters, I've got an annoying one right on the base of my thumb from raking leaves.

• Like 3

Um....aren't you supposed to rake leaves in the fall?

Or did I just blink and miss an entire season here?

• Like 5

I was all ready to spend time painting before dinner, then I realized tonight and Wednesday night I am on the interview committee for a new principal at my kid's school. Adulting...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Unruly said:

Oh yea? Well, they used to make DooM minis too. Those are the ones I'm really upset about. I want a Cyberdemon to use as a Troll in Shadowrun.

FFG has that license now... they are available, but you have to buy a box...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Still tired. My cat developed an oil leak throughout the entire night.

Did she get ahold of a bottle of the mineral stuff?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pingo said:

Did she get ahold of a bottle of the mineral stuff?

I wish it were that simple. Byproduct of not really eating when she was sick, she became constipated after her appetite came back. Let's just say that I'm going to be spot cleaning everywhere tonight.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Still tired. My cat developed an oil leak throughout the entire night.

Does not compute. Is she okay?

• Like 4