Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Recommended Posts

Just now, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I wish it were that simple. Byproduct of not really eating when she was sick, she became constipated after her appetite came back. Let's just say that I'm going to be spot cleaning everywhere tonight.

 

Poor kitty.  Poor you.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Um....aren't you supposed to rake leaves in the fall?

 

Or did I just blink and miss an entire season here?

My oak trees have two seasons.  The Ancients (40"+ DBH) drop theirs in Winter like they should.  The Youngling, in the front of the house (only about 20" DBH or so) likes to show off and hold its leaves until mid-Spring.  Which is kinda ok, cause I just mow the ones that are dropping now into the grass and push it up against the Younglings bark.  I'm not sure who is showing who something, but we are consistent in our attitudes toward each other.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grayfax said:

My oak trees have two seasons.  The Ancients (40"+ DBH) drop theirs in Winter like they should.  The Youngling, in the front of the house (only about 20" DBH or so) likes to show off and hold its leaves until mid-Spring.  Which is kinda ok, cause I just mow the ones that are dropping now into the grass and push it up against the Younglings bark.  I'm not sure who is showing who something, but we are consistent in our attitudes toward each other.

 

Are they the same kind of oak?  Because there's at least one kind I know of that keeps its red-brown leaves all winter until the new ones come in.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pingo said:

 

Are they the same kind of oak?  Because there's at least one kind I know of that keeps its red-brown leaves all winter until the new ones come in.

Yep.  The Ancients just understand more about Hurricane season... or something like that.  Lots of them in town do that and I've noticed when we are out on Forestry labs with the students that it happens in the "wild" as well.  Never really noticed it before... but, hey... live and learn something new every day!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ub3r_n3rd said:

*ambles in with a mug of coffee in his hand and waves in greeting*

 

Hi all!

 

All:  NORM!

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Pingo said:

 

All:  NORM!

 

*nods in response and ambles over to the bar and plops down*

 

Get me an ale Woody!

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I wish it were that simple. Byproduct of not really eating when she was sick, she became constipated after her appetite came back. Let's just say that I'm going to be spot cleaning everywhere tonight.

Gone through that with a couple of them.  We resorted to comfortable crates in a darkened room with a separate litter box.  Hardwood floors for the win... mostly...

Just now, ub3r_n3rd said:

 

*nods in response and ambles over to the bar and plops down*

 

Get me an ale Woody!

Slides the Big Red Button down the bartop while the Barbarian waits for refreshment...

"Welcome Back!"

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grayfax said:

Slides the Big Red Button down the bartop while the Barbarian waits for refreshment...

"Welcome Back!"

 

*grins and slams his massive fist down on the button a few times and watches on the screen that emerges from the ceiling the beautiful display of orbital nukes bombarding an innocent planet*

 

BWAHAHAHAHAH!! I missed doing that, thanks!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Gone through that with a couple of them.  We resorted to comfortable crates in a darkened room with a separate litter box.  Hardwood floors for the win... mostly...

 

Yeah, I was waking up every hour because of her, she tried to go to the litter box but couldn't so she tried everywhere else. I finally got it into my head to put her food and water in the bathroom with the linoleum and then keep her in there. Though I probably should have kept the fan on, it was pretty eye-watering in the morning.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Yeah, I was waking up every hour because of her, she tried to go to the litter box but couldn't so she tried everywhere else. I finally got it into my head to put her food and water in the bathroom with the linoleum and then keep her in there. Though I probably should have kept the fan on, it was pretty eye-watering in the morning.

Yeah... good luck tonight... and in the coming days.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

Yeah... good luck tonight... and in the coming days.

She should be good for now. Since she hadn't been eating much, the train was coming down the tracks but not arriving at the station. Now that she's dropped off her cargo, she should be doing alright since she's eating regularly again.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, David Brawley said:

That was my first 5e character too! He was so much fun!

 

I want to say I got the idea from here, over in the D&D thread in Fantasy. So it may have very well been you.

 

He's fun. He's got good stats all around, but I'm playing him as so socially inept that it's hilarious. He's been in self-imposed isolation for years because he has an insatiable bloodlust that he's been trying to control, and so every time he interacts with people he's asking if they need stuff killed and talking about not trusting people. I made an elf wizard poo himself when I made him really, really uncomfortable, he tried to cast invisibility to get away, and I counterspelled it and yelled at him to not try running away.

 

46 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

FFG has that license now... they are available, but you have to buy a box...

 

I just took a look, and I don't really care for the new look. The new cyberdemon doesn't really look like a troll anymore.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grayfax said:

FFG has that license now... they are available, but you have to buy a box...

What have you done to my budget...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...