Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Flamehawke said:

I would pick option 2. Herman already hooked me on stroopwafels and the dog ate my portion we bought for ourselves. ::sulks::

To answer you Froggy she likely has a uti. She gets them a lot due to having 1 kidney

Ooof. My sympathies to her. Those suuuuuuck. Can she take Azo Standard to at least relieve the symptoms while antibiotics do their thing?

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Flamehawke said:

I would pick option 2. Herman already hooked me on stroopwafels and the dog ate my portion we bought for ourselves. ::sulks::

To answer you Froggy she likely has a uti. She gets them a lot due to having 1 kidney

Ouch!

Hope she gets treatment and it will pass soon.

• Like 3

I blew a head gasket! Well, on the work car at least. And it really wasn't my fault, because the thing was probably blown before I even started driving it. Because last week we had to put 2 quarts of oil in the car just to get it to show up on the dipstick, and a full gallon of coolant into the thing, because they were both totally dry because two of my coworkers, one of which is a maintenance guy, didn't bother to check anything when the car started chugging and overheating.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Not that many posts in the Randomness Thread when I woke up. What's going on, people?

Up until yesterday afternoon, I been spending as much time as possible being AuntyBoot with my 22 month-old niece. :wub:

We went to the zoo with her parents on Monday; I've now decided that's the best way to experience a zoo is with a toddler who's already crazy about animals. She was super excited to see EVERYTHING! Especially the monkeys. For about five minutes, that's all she would say, with the occasional "monkey swinging/eating/walking." ^_^

They went home yesterday, and I spent some time putting my parent's house back in order. She's fairly tidy, for a toddler, but there were still cheerios and toys and bits of cracker that needed dealing with. And now the house is quiet and a little sad.

I will unexpectedly be here until Easter, since it makes more sense to have MrBoot just get a bus ticket to here tomorrow after work than have me drive home and get him, then drive back. I just woke up from 12 hours of sleeping; toddlers are super fun but exhausting. :lol:

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 16

3 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Up until yesterday afternoon, I been spending as much time as possible being AuntyBoot with my 22 month-old niece. :wub:

We went to the zoo with her parents on Monday; I've now decided that's the best way to experience a zoo is with a toddler who's already crazy about animals. She was super excited to see EVERYTHING! Especially the monkeys. For about five minutes, that's all she would say, with the occasional "monkey swinging/eating/walking." ^_^

They went home yesterday, and I spent some time putting my parent's house back in order. She's fairly tidy, for a toddler, but there were still cheerios and toys and bits of cracker that needed dealing with. And now the house is quiet and a little sad.

I will unexpectedly be here until Easter, since it makes more sense to have MrBoot just get a bus ticket to here tomorrow after work than have me drive home and get him, then drive back. I just woke up from 12 hours of sleeping; toddlers are super fun but exhausting. :lol:

Huzzah!        

I'm so glad you had fun being AuntyBoot! Yeah, it must seem so quiet now. -lots of hugs-

We're actually thinking about going to the zoo when we go to Alaska next month - we're getting to Seattle a few days early, and they have a zoo and aquarium there!!

• Like 8

Just now, Morihalda said:

I'm so glad you had fun being AuntyBoot! Yeah, it must seem so quiet now. -lots of hugs-

We're actually thinking about going to the zoo when we go to Alaska next month - we're getting to Seattle a few days early, and they have a zoo and aquarium there!!

I have it on good authority that both the zoo and the aquarium in Seattle are amazing. ^_^ That's where my sister and her family live, the ones who were just visiting, and they go regularly. My niece told me several times that there's meerkats and komodo dragons and sleeping tigers and sleeping lions and monkeys. Apparently, the big cats are always asleep when they go. :lol:

Huzzah!        

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I have it on good authority that both the zoo and the aquarium in Seattle are amazing. ^_^ That's where my sister and her family live, the ones who were just visiting, and they go regularly. My niece told me several times that there's meerkats and komodo dragons and sleeping tigers and sleeping lions and monkeys. Apparently, the big cats are always asleep when they go. :lol:

Huzzah!        

Having been a few times, yes they are pretty amazing! As is the science center. I want to go to the Chihuly garden and glass museum thing, I've heard it's beautiful and my kids are old enough to appreciate it. ^_^

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!        

Being big cats does not take away the fact that they are cats, they need 328 hours of sleep per day (at least according to Kali)

IMG_1156.JPG

• Like 14

7 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Having been a few times, yes they are pretty amazing! As is the science center. I want to go to the Cthulhu garden and glass museum thing, I've heard it's beautiful and my kids are old enough to appreciate it. ^_^

I didn't know he had a garden...sounds interesting ::P:

• Like 11

7 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Mmmmmm Bacon....

Okay, car update. Just got off the phone with the tech working on it. While there is some other work that needs to be done, he thinks that the engine itself is okay, and that he should be able to get the car up and running. There were a couple of rusted bolts, a bad thermostat, and collapsed hoses. He's ordering parts, and will continue to work on the car. He isn't sure that he'll be able to get it back to my by CoB today, but tomorrow morning is likely (depending on the parts). So... While he wouldn't guarantee anything, he's willing to say he's got +90% confidence that the car is repairable. *stress*

That doesn't sound too bad.

I'll still keep my fingers crossed for you.

6 hours ago, David Brawley said:

That's one thing I always hated about renting... Especially since I have dogs, and I'm always afraid they'll escape. 

Or that the landlord will find out exactly how many pets I actually have.

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Not that many posts in the Randomness Thread when I woke up. What's going on, people?

Work.

• Like 7