Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Froggy the Great

6 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

It's good to learn old techniques... helps them understand what the digital tools are attempting to do and why they are there in the first place.  

And what that square thingy that is the save symbol actually is supposed to be...

• Like 8

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

What if the other team also chooses to dress as the other team?

Does it all break down in infinite recursion? Or do they look like you, and you look like them?

It is a players vs computer mission, so the other team is always purple robots. But it is possible to get the same purple robot skins the computer uses for Bastian and Oressa. So you can have a team of purple robots show up to fight purple robots. 

It isn't a good idea, since computer doesn't get confused, but the human players do. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Actually, if you ask a submariner what the most accurate submarine movie is, Down Periscope come in second after Das Boot.

Wait, I have a movie?! :blink:

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 16

4 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Yeah, I knew it would be a little rough, but... I promise the rest of the month will be less.. just... less. Sorry.

In positive car news, I GOT MY CAR BACK!!! (and it only cost $1400....) Still cheaper than a new car, and a whole lot less stress. 

And for those curious:

Hide contents

Camshaft seal

Timing Kit

Labor (lots and lots of labor)

Diagnostics

Serpentine belt tensioner frozen, needed to be removed, lubed, and reinstalled

radiator cap

replaced radiator hoses

replaced thermostat

flushed cooling system

coolant

cooling system kit

air filter

Fuel system service & kit

spark plugs

tune-up labor

thermostat housing gasket

Sounds like they replaced everything but the actual engine block...

• Like 5

I have to say, over the last week and a half I've slept better than I have in probably two years. For one, last week I worked day shift and was actually sleeping when it was dark out. Then this week I've been going to bed by about 6am, which means it's still largely dark out and my blackout curtains aren't put to the test until it's almost time for me to wake up and get ready for work. And to top it all off, I don't hate my new job yet. I get to walk around, be outside, and I'm actually around other people, some of whom are surprisingly friendly considering I'm the ever hated parking authority.

It's surprisingly refreshing to not have to chemically induce sleep and to wake up without really having to fight it. Granted, right now is one of the easiest times to have my job, as all the college students are packing and getting ready to leave town, and starting on May 12th they'll all be gone and my job will become very, very simple until mid-late August when they start to move back in for the new semester. And that is when I will probably come to start hating my job at least a little bit...

• Like 15

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

Wait, I have a movie?! :blink:

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

36 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I believe it would be called Ein Steifel if you did.

But my German is more than a bit rusty.

If we transliterated your login name to German, the Germans would think it meant...

OneBoat

• Like 8

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Sounds like they replaced everything but the actual engine block...

Actually it sounds like the camshaft seal was the cause of the problem, letting oil into the coolant and messing up the radiator, hoses and other parts.  

That's no fun, if that was the case you were really lucky you didn't ruin the engine block.  We lost a car of 10 years with us to a similar problem.  Glad you caught it!

@unruly:  glad you like your job.  Not one I could do.  Although it would be nice to get out of the office/airplane/conference room routine.

@TGP  careful with purple animals.  Through careful studieS in our back yard, squirrels with purple splotches on them read as "eat me" to our local hawk population.  Not sure why, but if you mark a squirrel with purple around here there is a hawk with bib stooping on it in about a minute.

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 9