Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Had to think about why Monday would be a holiday. Right, right, Easter. Was wondering why the kids were off. Wait, no. They're off the 24th...now I have to think more. Not fair!

Well, the 24th is National Pig-in-a-Blanket Day. Can't expect kids to go to school on the high holy days now can you?

• Like 8

20 hours ago, OneBoot said:
22 hours ago, TGP said:

This is what I get...

00d32cbbc0f48780461bbc31b839d8f6.jpg

...for typing "purple cat in a boat".

:unsure: I thought I'd removed all of my college photos from teh internets...seems I missed one. Ah well, at least it shows my good side. ::D: 

You missed more than one... ::D:  Amazing what a google image search will turn up, innit?...

Spoiler

Bet you thought we wouldn't find out about that wet T-shirt contest and the "modelling" shots, huh? ::P: LOL

F0YRU3KJ0489VN3.LARGE.jpg.1765658d65ba513aaa84ac09c9169ff1.jpg

200_s.jpg.37fca9ef400d121575d1fabbe2e7b643.jpg

soaking-wet-black-cat-hero.jpg.89d6a901b3c767574bfe6362801b19f2.jpg

wet_cat_by_adriansportraits-d3jyksf.thumb.jpg.349154b262896d099e2c94676d299a8c.jpg

::D:::D:::D:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 16

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Alright, alright!! That's enough happiness and joy from all of you 'today is my Friday' types! ::P:

Some of us still have a whole 'nother day to go here, and it's looking like an uphill fight all the way.

(Enjoy the long weekend, those  for whom that applies)

If it makes you feel any better, as a brand new temp my "holiday" isn't going to be paid, so my four-day week is a four-day check...  :winkthumbs:

• Like 2

Being that Friday is a bank holiday, I got my paycheck a day early. It came with a nice surprise. Apparently, since I switched departments they cashed out all my accrued holiday and comp time because my new department doesn't have those two things. That was 64 hours of time at my old pay rate, which gave me almost an extra $1000. Except I don't get to actually see almost any of that. It bumped this paycheck up a few tax brackets, so I got to actually see maybe half of it actually enter my pockets.

But oh well. It's better than nothing, and an extra $3-400 is nothing to sneeze at I guess. I'm gonna most likely use it to pay for my Pennsic trip this year. Maybe I'll even buy a new tent. Something bigger than the 4-person dome I've got now...

In unrelated news, I've discovered that "The Real Ghostbusters" is now on Netflix. I'm now watching cartoon vacuum cleaners get hit with proton packs.

• Like 9

Why is Friday acting like Monday!? Maybe it's because it's Friday before vacation.

Mother in law was present when I stumbled out of bed. I almost fell on her trying to give her a hug while she was sitting down. :lol:

We went to a couple of thrift stores looking for a chair for me. She kept laughing at the way I'd just sit in a chair for a few minutes before saying yea or nay. I found a sturdy red chair I like.

And then I had to go to work. Bleh. I had a lady about to pass out from low blood sugar at the same time I had a (very patient) guy whose reservation got lost. And then five check ins while trying to keep the lady awake before the fire department got here to help her. (I love the fire dept around here, those guys are all so nice to people.) I'm glad that part is over and the lady is fine. But sheesh. What a night!

• Like 12

Sympathy Red. Glad you found a chair though.

Mom reports the medicine is already working.

I think Houdini may be fine if we can keep her eating and drinking. She is doing both, but we will likely need to consider a permanent diet of wet food to keep weight on as she frequently has trouble keeping dry food down. She decided she desperately wanted to be on my lap today.

• Like 7

Apparently my labeling of the garlic mayo as "Anti Vampire Cream" caused some confusion. Had a chat with the prep boss who agreed with me that since certain of our prep cooks have handwriting that is completely illegible to anyone without a degree in sanskrit that this should not be an issue. So I'm allowed to continue as long as I write the terms they expect to see somewhere on the label. I am however banned from labelling anything in tengwar as the cooks mistake elf runes for satanic symbols.

Next week I'll begin adding the words "dolphin friendly" to the menus and see how long it takes for anyone to notice. (Technically donuts are very dolphin friendly so while nonsensical it is truth in advertising.)

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

21 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Why isn't it Friday yet?

Crap, you just reminded me, today isn't Friday.

In an effort to make up for the amount of confusion/upset feelings I inadvertently caused yesterday, I'd like to issue the following Public Service Announcement:

PSA:

Today is Friday.

Here's hoping it's a good day for everyone!

• Like 7

Today is indeed Friday... Thank goodness...

6 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

If it makes you feel any better, as a brand new temp my "holiday" isn't going to be paid, so my four-day week is a four-day check...  :winkthumbs:

I really should find out if I get paid holidays with my new contractor position...

:unsure:

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

You missed more than one... ::D:  Amazing what a google image search will turn up, innit?...

Reveal hidden contents

Bet you thought we wouldn't find out about that wet T-shirt contest and the "modelling" shots, huh? ::P: LOL

F0YRU3KJ0489VN3.LARGE.jpg.1765658d65ba513aaa84ac09c9169ff1.jpg

200_s.jpg.37fca9ef400d121575d1fabbe2e7b643.jpg

soaking-wet-black-cat-hero.jpg.89d6a901b3c767574bfe6362801b19f2.jpg

wet_cat_by_adriansportraits-d3jyksf.thumb.jpg.349154b262896d099e2c94676d299a8c.jpg

::D:::D:::D:

I feel like there should have ^ been an announcer doing a voiceover saying, "...but wait! there's more..."

21 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

I really should find out if I get paid holidays with my new contractor position...

At my last contractor position I believe there was no pay on New Years Day, Christmas, etc. Nobody there. Place was shuttered, but I think I got doubletime once... [for working on a Sunday?] ...when they were **moste desperate** to have somethings get finished. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, David Brawley said:

No holidays or vacation. Ah well, hopefully they'll buy out my contract and make me an employee quickly.

• Like 4