Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Froggy the Great

I think I am back. Hopefully nothing drags me away. Might disappear for a week when phone turns off for a bit, but back-ish. Just frustrating.

Good news is I got into a program to help with a job. The person assigned to me is relieved to get someone not interested in being a truck driver.

• Like 12

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Unruly said:

But those people are so fun! When I was a teenager they used to come out to my mom's house all the time, and I always tried to find new ways to mess with them. While I didn't mind that they were religious, I did mind that they were trying to push it on others, so I made a game of it.

Honestly, after nearly 5 years of living here, these were the first ones that ever came to my door. Perhaps once it happens more often I'll become irritable enough that I'll start playing with them.

• Like 7

I think I'm starting to feel better. This week has been rough; I went from work to the ER, because of weird heart palpations and shortness of breath. They couldn't figure out what was going on, my heart is fine (I kept watching the heart monitor when the flutters happened and nothing showed on the monitors), so I get to go my regular doctor so they can try to figure it out.

I think whatever is up it's in my lungs; because I've been coughing a lot and had lots of shortness of breath. Hot beverages have really helped.

Hubby wants me to feel better so he can tickle me. I certainly deserve a robust tickling for all the woofiness I've put him through this week :rolleyes:

• Like 11

@redambrosia - Oh no, that's scary! I hope your doctor is able to figure out what's going on. :(

1 hour ago, David Brawley said:

What? Noooo.... I'm shocked... just shocked I say! 

:lol:

I'm good, but thanks for the offer. I tried reading the Book of Mormon, but man, it's... Uh... a little dense. 

I understand. :) The language style can certainly make it a bit difficult to read, especially if you're not used to it.

Regarding sharing of religions...I'm always willing to listen to others, as long as they're polite and respectful. I actually really enjoy learning about what other people believe in, since I've unfortunately not had the opportunity to learn much about other faiths. I've never had anyone get in my face about it before, so I've never had to deal with that.

As for me, I figure that if people have questions or express curiosity, I'll gladly share information or correct misunderstandings. If they want to know more than that, I'll give them further resources. Just because my faith brings me joy and peace and stability doesn't mean that everyone will feel the same way. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
fixed spacing
  • Like 12

37 minutes ago, Flamehawke said:

I hope you feel better soon Red.

Same here.

24 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Just because my faith brings me joy and peace and stability doesn't mean that everyone will feel the same way. :)

Huzzah!

I wish the whole world felt more like you do on the subject.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Flamehawke said:

I think I am back. Hopefully nothing drags me away. Might disappear for a week when phone turns off for a bit, but back-ish. Just frustrating.

Good news is I got into a program to help with a job. The person assigned to me is relieved to get someone not interested in being a truck driver.

Those last two sentences are a very curious version of a job description...

...does the activity associate with a paycheck? Hoping so. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:
36 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Just because my faith brings me joy and peace and stability doesn't mean that everyone will feel the same way. :)

Huzzah!

I wish the whole world felt more like you do on the subject.

Me too!!

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, TGP said:

Those last two sentences are a very curious version of a job description...

...does the activity associate with a paycheck? Hoping so. 

No. They help get you the training you need and then help securea position. Some of the help also involves getting you some experience as well.

The lady suggesged getting back into securing my graphic design as I scored well in the more artistic section of the assessment. She just usually gets people who state they want to be a trick driver.

The plan currently is secure the degree and then get me a position that grant experience along with pay with an eye for being hired by the company.

• Like 9

Hi kay!!!! *hugs and is hugged*

I'm currently studying back and other musculoskeletal problems, while my back is complaining at me. The irony would be delicious if it weren't so annoying. :P

Hm...I originally told myself that I would paint once I was done with this chapter. However, I just flipped ahead, and there's 15 more pages in the chapter (with several accompanying homework questions). :zombie: If I do somehow manage to finish it before the night is over, I'm making myself a pan of brownies and playing video games.

Huzzah!

• Like 10

13 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yup, likely story. Just remember, unfinished WIP projects need to be moved to the shelf of shame. That's gonna be just a little hard in this case.::P:

Nah, he's just finally admitting that his entire house is his "shelf", lol...

12 hours ago, Erifnogard said:

So the amusing thing is that it took me awhile to figure out that grinder = sandwich. I was wondering how anyone could sell a 'very good' 14" grinder of the metal grinding power tool type for $8.50. ::P:

The submarine sandwich originated in New England among the Italian immigrant workers, who were familiar with that type of bread. Local legend says that the term "submarine sandwich" originated in New London, Connecticut amongst the workers at General Electric's Electric Boat division, which is one of the major places where they make submarines for the US Navy, and the term "grinder" was both used throughout New England as a slang term for a dockworker (among whom the sandwiches were popular) and as a reference to the bread being hard to chew...

My maternal grandfather could remember them being called grinders even back before WWII when his father ran a local bakery.

• Like 10