Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Well, finding a parking spot was WAY EASIER today. Maybe... 10 minutes? 

That's some fantastic news about Vampire!

@Chaoswolf yes, they paid, but mostly because it was a cash only pizza place... :unsure: And I didn't have any cash on me.

And earthy... way way more earthy. 

And I may, someday eventually get tired of the elfhats and smurf brains, but it's really really hard to beat 25 minutes door to desk....

Dinner time!

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

How old are the kids in question?

11 to 17

8 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Much sympathy to you and yours. 

Continuing to love my commute. Brought my own coffee today.

Painted last night, and will again tonight! Looks like, based on my brides schedule that Monday to Thursday nights should include some painting time!! (Eyes the imminent arrival of Bones 3 in terror...) 

Yeah, it would have been better for them to just be 'part of the stuff' you came with. I feel your pain there. 

5 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Lunch with coworkers was good! 

Now listening in on some meetings. Interesting differences in the language between the PhD/MD heavy NIH and the engineers at the MTA ::o:

You haven't met me yet. :lol: In the right situation, there probably isn't much difference. (And yes, this is at work.)

2 hours ago, Pingo said:

Aheh.  So, remember pretty much exactly a week ago I was griping about White Wolf's design problems and their rather cheesy dodging of actually explaining how to make all the vast, brilliant genius conspiracies they swore up and down were riddled throughout their creation? <snip>

And then I said (emphasis added): <snip>

Well, well, well, guess what just developed

Ooooo interesting. I might then pick it up for my husband. He is a big vampire fan.

While I am most definitely a black fury. Or maybe a Glass Walker wanting to be a Black Fury. I ain't no Silver Fang I can tell you that. 

Edited by Thes Hunter
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

11 to 17

I can assure you that Girl Scouts get to do sewing by age 11.  With sharp, pointy needles, even.  I think the safest bet, however, would be to email the group leader and ask whether the kids are deemed responsible enough for the various tasks. 

Pain sucks and I'm done with it.  So much sympathy for you, SparrowMarie, for having to push yourself so hard.  I might be ready to say 'yes' to cortisone shots soon.  In the meantime, more ice packs. 

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

Aheh.  So, remember pretty much exactly a week ago I was griping about White Wolf's design problems and their rather cheesy dodging of actually explaining how to make all the vast, brilliant genius conspiracies they swore up and down were riddled throughout their creation?

And then I said (emphasis added):

Well, well, well, guess what just developed?

Does this mean White Wolf hired this Kenneth?  (I kinda thought WW was done and over with .?. so much of their stuff sitting in HPB&R.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, David Brawley said:

That's some fantastic news about Vampire!

Yeah.  Ken's been legendary since college.

This is so cool!

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, TGP said:

Does this mean White Wolf hired this Kenneth?  (I kinda thought WW was done and over with .?. so much of their stuff sitting in HPB&R.)

I think it's Onyx Path Publishing that owns the system now.

The stuff in HPB&R is old editions, just as old D&D editions and all kinds of other books get remaindered when made obsolete by new editions  This new one will be the fifth edition, recall.

• Like 5

On 5/15/2017 at 10:41 AM, Marvin said:
On 5/13/2017 at 4:15 PM, Marvin said:

Welp! Having been suckered in by their discounts, I ordered directly from Thriftbooks for the first time, having done so through Amazon and eBay innumerable times, and the first book to arrive, though listed in "Very Good" condition at the time of purchase, features small rips to the cover, brown stains I only can hope are something in the neighborhood of paint, and a little bit of water damage.

Inauspicious!

Update: The other fifteen books arrived today, and everything seems to be in much better order, so I reckon this has worked out acceptably overall.

Still not thrilled about the one, though. It was the most expensive book lol. Reckon I'll still try to finagle some sort of compensation out of them for it.

Update: Emailed Thriftbooks; they responded in two minutes, literally, to tell me they're issuing a full refund for the book. So as long as it processes all right, looks like a good deal all around.

• Like 7

Ugh... just looked at the Kickstarter comments... Poor @Reaperbryan having to deal with those... lacking in... Lets just say they need to stop being elfhats.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, LittleBluberry said:

I can assure you that Girl Scouts get to do sewing by age 11.  With sharp, pointy needles, even.  I think the safest bet, however, would be to email the group leader and ask whether the kids are deemed responsible enough for the various tasks. 

I agree, that's about the time the boy scouts were teaching me wood carving.

If they have some they don't think are up to dealing with the sharp stuff, is it possible to pre-punch the holes in a few so the kids who aren't up to the needles can practice the thread part of the stitching?

• Like 7

Got a new phone after years of not upgrading. Galaxy S8. Any tips? 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Talae said:

Got a new phone after years of not upgrading. Galaxy S8. Any tips? 

Don't blow up....:blink:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Don't blow up....:blink:

That was the S7. I got one of those for my wife...

• Like 6