Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not trust any video which switched from a long shot of two real people to a close up of unidentifiable body parts, no matter how similarly dressed or situated they may appear.

(One way to identify fake videos is to stop and think, why would anyone have a camera focused and pointed just there, anyway?)

• Like 7

There're a lot of legit close-up gifs et al of Trump handshakes and -holds. It's its own subgenre now. That one's still fabulous if it is fake.

Meanwhile. Proto-metal and killer album covers, thy name is Thursday.

• Like 4

I like how everyone around here is willing to be very open about themselves.  Confession: My crippling depression is kicking me hard today. I miss home, I miss my family, I miss my friends, my school friends are gone for the summer and I do not do well with non-structured living. I am stuck in-doors too much, not eating healthfully enough, and not engaging in enough physical activity.  These may sound like simple problems to fix, but when you suffer from really bad depression, it is hard to pull yourself up.  Yes, even we Icelanders suffer from depression.

• Like 10

Lookin' closer at the Catalogue of Dwarves in the Elder Edda.

Apparently the names include (along with all of Tolkien's classic dwarves and Gandalf):

Norðri, Suðri, Austri, and Vestri.  

By my reckoning (and knowing that ð is "th") that's "Northrie, Southrie, Eastry, and Westry," which just goes to show, as one of my kids said, that the dumb naming conventions of Snow White's dwarves have a long pedigree.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

These may sound like simple problems to fix

lol no they don't.

Hang in there. My (unsolicited) advice (that I struggle to follow in similar circumstances): Start by making yourself a really simple schedule. Finding a structure is important for everyone.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

I like how everyone around here is willing to be very open about themselves.  Confession: My crippling depression is kicking me hard today. I miss home, I miss my family, I miss my friends, my school friends are gone for the summer and I do not do well with non-structured living. I am stuck in-doors too much, not eating healthfully enough, and not engaging in enough physical activity.  These may sound like simple problems to fix, but when you suffer from really bad depression, it is hard to pull yourself up.  Yes, even we Icelanders suffer from depression.

Sympathy like.  I sometimes find simple stretching exercises and leg lifts, just when I'm sitting on the floor reading, help a bit when I'm feeling down.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

Nothing is ever simple when it comes to depression.  I hope you can find something good today to hopefully make the day look at least little bit better.

Edited by hiddenone32
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

Sympathy like.  My wife goes in and out, so on one hand I understand... but only from association.  I understand her triggers and sometimes am able to help divert her into something different until she can fight her way out.  I hope you have someone that is at least sympathetic, if not understanding.

• Like 9

I have a small circle of close friends and can talk to people for work purposes fairly well.  Outside of that I don't handle social situations with people outside of my circle very well at all.  Hell it took over a year of lurking around here to even start talking and I don't even have to see y'all face to face.

• Like 9

Today is quickly turning into one of those days where I don't want to do anything.  It's cool and that is increasing my urge to nest. 

I am thinking about cleaning up the paint area in anticipation of receiving my Bones 3 rewards. Maybe doing some painting over the long weekend. I hesitate to call it a paint binge because I'm not feeling that inspired. 

• Like 9