Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

Froggy the Great

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Baldur8762 said:

I like how everyone around here is willing to be very open about themselves.  Confession: My crippling depression is kicking me hard today. I miss home, I miss my family, I miss my friends, my school friends are gone for the summer and I do not do well with non-structured living. I am stuck in-doors too much, not eating healthfully enough, and not engaging in enough physical activity.  These may sound like simple problems to fix, but when you suffer from really bad depression, it is hard to pull yourself up.  Yes, even we Icelanders suffer from depression.

I definitly understand. I feel that way at times. It can be very hard to recover enough. It is why at times I go very silent on here for long periods. Though now I have DVDs to watch so that is a secondary reason

13 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Today is quickly turning into one of those days where I don't want to do anything.  It's cool and that is increasing my urge to nest. 

I am thinking about cleaning up the paint area in anticipation of receiving my Bones 3 rewards. Maybe doing some painting over the long weekend. I hesitate to call it a paint binge because I'm not feeling that inspired. 

Painting sounds fun. Maybe I should do that after I inventory my Bones III

• Like 8

I will pull myself out of it.  Painting actually really helps me.  Thankfully my wife is very understanding and helpful. While most students probably are so happy to have time off, I am genuinely looking forward to school starting again...being stuck at home and being VERY bored are recipes for disaster for me.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Flamehawke said:

PACKAGE!!!

::starts pawing through stuff and dry fits Mal::

Great! Have Fun!

Now I want mine!!!!  I will have to wait, and will probably not even be home when it gets here.

My girl will pick it up..

Darn manouvres...I need ME -Time!!!

1 hour ago, Baldur8762 said:

I like how everyone around here is willing to be very open about themselves.  Confession: My crippling depression is kicking me hard today. I miss home, I miss my family, I miss my friends, my school friends are gone for the summer and I do not do well with non-structured living. I am stuck in-doors too much, not eating healthfully enough, and not engaging in enough physical activity.  These may sound like simple problems to fix, but when you suffer from really bad depression, it is hard to pull yourself up.  Yes, even we Icelanders suffer from depression.

As far as I understand Icelanders can suffer from a lack of sunlight and become depressed easier because of it. I might be wrong.

I have been there once..didn't like it.

My trick to feel better, the moment you start counting things that are bad/missing etc...turn it around.

Start counting good things, things you have, things you like and convince yourself that you're going to get more good stuff/see people you love etc..soon!

I wish you luck!

We may be online figments of your imagination, but we do care...

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

As far as I understand Icelanders can suffer from a lack of sunlight and become depressed easier because of it. I might be wrong.

You are right. It has been proven that sunlight is mood altering.  My husband sometimes jokes that I am "solar powered", but he is not far from the truth of it. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Baldur8762 said:

Not simple at all. Many of us get it. Writing it down on paper/screen makes it sound easy, but it's sooooo haaaaard to push through the Depression Yoke that some days it takes everything to just get out of bed and put on something that resembles clothing.

Self care. Do what you need in order to collect enough spoons (spoon theory) to get you through the summer. If you need cheerleaders, we're here.

• Like 8

running on little sleep today, Eldar spawn celebrated end of school with a sleepover. 

It was a good day yesterday, and today is going pretty well so far, I just need to be aware of everyone's temper, including my own 

did paint and take with the girls this morning before they left.  Everyone wanted to do female figures. 

good thing I have 20 more coming tomorrow.

- it says its coming tomorrow by End of Day - I'm just hoping it doesn't get pushed. I DON'T WANNA wait till Tuesday. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

Not simple at all. Many of us get it. Writing it down on paper/screen makes it sound easy, but it's sooooo haaaaard to push through the Depression Yoke that some days it takes everything to just get out of bed and put on something that resembles clothing.

Self care. Do what you need in order to collect enough spoons (spoon theory) to get you through the summer. If you need cheerleaders, we're here.

While I'm in a positive swing, I would like to say, "thank you!! :wub: " to the cheerleaders here. 

• Like 11

I gotta say... gaming at lunch is awesome!  Even if it is a card game.

And I'm also glad my wife understands why I'm doing it, even though I'm the one that is getting as much reward as anyone from having fun.

Oddly enough, it seems to be helping the student worker's focus during work hours.  All kinds of bonuses.

We're also getting good sunshine for another day or so.  After the last few days of the chest cough / medication, it is nice to be nearly back to normal on a good day.  And I'm almost caught up with the work I "missed" out on.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

I wish you luck!

We may be online figments of your imagination, but we do care...

I do appreciate the community and the support.  That's why I said something, usually i'd just keep it to myself. 

37 minutes ago, Inarah said:

You are right. It has been proven that sunlight is mood altering.  My husband sometimes jokes that I am "solar powered", but he is not far from the truth of it. 

Yes, but believed it or not we Icelanders actually are less susceptible to this as compared to other places.  I know that my cousin in Norway does UV therapy in winters, but I don't think it is as common in Iceland.  I don't know why.  If it is, it is not talked about as much.

15 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

Spoon theory?  This requires explanation!

9 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

While I'm in a positive swing, I would like to say, "thank you!! :wub: " to the cheerleaders here. 

Yes, I agree.  I appreciate all the cheerleading!

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Just had coffee with the Blueberry Liqueuer on the side.

Great!

I approve!  ^_^

Still busy dealing with medical/dental appointments.  My teenage daughter is sucking spoons out of me like some sort of enhanced vacuum device--I love her dearly but she is a difficult child to be a good parent to.  Not her fault (she has anxiety/OCD) but I'm so worn out emotionally.  

• Like 10