Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

2 minutes ago, Zink said:

I've managed to keep a bunch of GW paints usable for a lot of years and I find all of their pots frustrating with the newest ones maybe being the worst.

If you like the GW paints other than their pots (I don't use them, so I can't really comment on their quality, though I know several painters who swear by them), you could always transfer the paint from pots to dropper bottles.

The Reaper bottle is available empty from the Reaper store or you can buy 15ml (or other size) Boston Round bottles with dropper tips. Make sure that what you order comes with tips and caps; not all offerings include them.

• Like 4
  • Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Zink said:

Bidding on some big lots of Reaper paints on Ebay. Auctions end in about an hour and I've been trying to decide for a couple of days what my maximum bid should be. Wife saw my organised paints and was wondering why I'd need more. Come on, I only have 90 something bottles and some are duplicates. :rolleyes: I noticed that my kids have different tastes in colours than me and I'm trying to expand my palette. Kind of want to try out the triads for shading/highlighting too. The way the seller set up their lots I need to win three auctions to get the full triad sets which is a bit annoying and most likely deliberate.

Some paints are giving out on me too. I have trouble getting much use out of my yellows and oranges. I don't use them a lot and they seem to seperate into water and hard chunks that aren't recoverable. Because of my sporadic painting habits I have annual watering of the paints to keep them usable. I switched from GW to Vallejo many years ago and I've been trying out more REaper lately. That's reduced my ruined, unused paints a lot. Have a handful of Coat d Arms and Privateer Press as well. Bought some new GW last year because I needed certain colours and they were what was available locally. 2 of 6 paints are almost unusable now and the others needed huge amounts of matte medium and water or alcohol to keep them usable. It severely irks me to throw out nearly full pots of paint. I've managed to keep a bunch of GW paints usable for a lot of years and I find all of their pots frustrating with the newest ones maybe being the worst.

14 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

If you like the GW paints other than their pots (I don't use them, so I can't really comment on their quality, though I know several painters who swear by them), you could always transfer the paint from pots to dropper bottles.

The Reaper bottle is available empty from the Reaper store or you can buy 15ml (or other size) Boston Round bottles with dropper tips. Make sure that what you order comes with tips and caps; not all offerings include them.

So much this....

you can get lots of 50 15ml bottles with caps and tips from the river site pretty cheaply,

I have over 200.....

• Like 7

Spent the late afternoon and early evening at a party... I put sunscreen on and don't see any signs of sunburn but I still feel like I've been in the sun way too long. Blech. Then came home and finished up my little baker and did the highlighting on the skin of the Elven blacksmith while I had the paint out. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from a friend whose son had his appendix out in a hurry today, and another who's having an emotional crisis... The early part of the day was spent cleaning out the rest of my boy clothes... It's been a busy day and I'm ready for bed but I think it might be a late night helping out friends! But I got painting done again, and that's what matters. ::P:

• Like 8
50 minutes ago, Zink said:

Bidding on some big lots of Reaper paints on Ebay. Auctions end in about an hour and I've been trying to decide for a couple of days what my maximum bid should be.

[Logs on to eBay, searches Reaper Paints]

I think I found the ones you want. ::o:

Very nice deal(s) if you can get them (three different sets of MSP paints at the time I observed it). Don't worry, I won't be bidding on them... this time.

• Like 5

Yeah, that's probably them. Lost out on all of them at the last minute. Noticed that the exact same sets are being sold by the same person again. Kind of had a hunch that might happen. Try again next weekend. Just noticed that on the new auctions the import charges are less but the shipping to Canada is higher. I'm aiming for a max of roughly 2/3 of the retail price from Reaper with shipping included. Otherwise I might as well give the nice people at Reaper my money because they'll ship for free.

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Zink said:

Yeah, that's probably them. Lost out on all of them at the last minute. Noticed that the exact same sets are being sold by the same person again. Kind of had a hunch that might happen. Try again next weekend. Just noticed that on the new auctions the import charges are less but the shipping to Canada is higher. I'm aiming for a max of roughly 2/3 of the retail price from Reaper with shipping included. Otherwise I might as well give the nice people at Reaper my money because they'll ship for free.

And at a certain price point, give you a free $10 mini as well! ::D:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6
14 minutes ago, Zink said:

Sorry you couldn't get them. But with Reaper, you could get an extra metal mini of the month too!

Edit: Ninjaed :ph34r:

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 4

I made cheap pizza with slices of ghost pepper on it, which were then covered by an extra layer of cheese. Feeding this pizza to random people who don't know what's on it could probably be part of a Japanese game show. For me, it's just that I find little landmines of explosive flavor and heat...

In other news, I saw a series of clips from a Japanese game show where people were put into a fully furnished room where parts of the furniture were made of candy, while other parts were real, and it was the contestants jobs to take bites out of everything in an attempt to discern if it was candy or not. I watched a man eat a doorknob, a woman eat part of a table, and another man fail to eat a pair of shoes. Then I wondered why we don't have that show here in the US yet...

• Like 6

Hadn't thought about the mini, One Boot and Cranky dog. If I space out the purchases I could get exactly the paints I want with no duplicates and several free minis. And likely the box for the paints. Time to get out the calculator and paint poster again. So happy that I got that poster with my Bones stuff. Much easier to look at than flipping through web pages.

The japanese have an intriguing and at times bizarre culture. Some of it is so intense and interesting to me and other parts so intensely weird.  Would like to travel there someday but I'm staying away from their game shows. Probably going to stay away from those peppers too. I can eat them but don't enjoy the burn that much.

Edited by Zink
  • Like 6
49 minutes ago, canuckotter said:

Spent the late afternoon and early evening at a party... I put sunscreen on and don't see any signs of sunburn but I still feel like I've been in the sun way too long. Blech.

Finally had a nice, warm, sunny day in St. John's so I took a long stroll downtown.

And this evening, I realized I did get a slight sunburn while looking in the mirror. Red forehead. Applied some hydrating cream. Should resolve itself overnight, but I should avoid the sun tomorrow.

Not really surprised it happened, spent most of the last eight months indoors. Even ghosts think I look pale.

• Like 4