Randomness XI: Rampant Randomness Randomly Rampaging

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, canuckotter said:

Spent the late afternoon and early evening at a party... I put sunscreen on and don't see any signs of sunburn but I still feel like I've been in the sun way too long. Blech. Then came home and finished up my little baker and did the highlighting on the skin of the Elven blacksmith while I had the paint out. Now I'm just waiting to hear back from a friend whose son had his appendix out in a hurry today, and another who's having an emotional crisis... The early part of the day was spent cleaning out the rest of my boy clothes... It's been a busy day and I'm ready for bed but I think it might be a late night helping out friends! But I got painting done again, and that's what matters. ::P:

Sounds like your friends need you.  

As for sunburn, I've taken to carrying a pretty parasol with me when I go out and staying firmly under it.

So far it's mostly me and south and east Asian immigrants with the things.  I do get a lot of "I wish I'd thought of that" comments.  I reckon I'll start a fashion eventually just from sheer cussed persistence.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Zink said:

Yeah, that's probably them. Lost out on all of them at the last minute. Noticed that the exact same sets are being sold by the same person again. Kind of had a hunch that might happen. Try again next weekend. Just noticed that on the new auctions the import charges are less but the shipping to Canada is higher. I'm aiming for a max of roughly 2/3 of the retail price from Reaper with shipping included. Otherwise I might as well give the nice people at Reaper my money because they'll ship for free.

I have purchased these exact same sets from that exact same person. Keep trying, you'll eventually get a good deal.

• Like 6

I've come to the realization that if I possessed teleportation technology (or magic) I'd mostly use it to make it to work on time after rolling out of bed at a quarter til work time, and for hanging out with all the hobby people I know who are scattered all over the country.

• Like 9

As I've gotten old I seem to be much less tolerant of the sun than I used to be. I have to firmly remember to wear a hat at all times when outdoors for prolonged periods, and long sleeves are becoming a must.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, knarthex said:

I'm getting pretty lonely.....:down:

Sorry, can't relieve your loneliness by the hangouts tonight. Been a busy day.

2 hours ago, Zink said:

Hadn't thought about the mini, One Boot and Cranky dog. If I space out the purchases I could get exactly the paints I want with no duplicates and several free minis. And likely the box for the paints. Time to get out the calculator and paint poster again. So happy that I got that poster with my Bones stuff. Much easier to look at than flipping through web pages.

The japanese have an intriguing and at times bizarre culture. Some of it is so intense and interesting to me and other parts so intensely weird.  Would like to travel there someday but I'm staying away from their game shows. Probably going to stay away from those peppers too. I can eat them but don't enjoy the burn that much.

Plus, by buying from Reaper, you'll get potentially fresher paint. Not saying this seller has old stock, but it could happen sometime.

Japan is fun, and Tokyo is easy for English. Didn't go this year, so feel that I've missed something. Cheapish for us to go, since we stay with family. Just tickets and spending money.

Oh was going to talk about the day, too. Well, from the previous mentions. Got the garden sprinklers set up and the tomatoes taken from the greenhouse to the garden. Now to sleep.

• Like 7

I have a package that's inbound from the UK, and tracking says that it's currently being processed by customs. Of all the things I've ordered from overseas, including a few prior UK shipments, this is the first time I've ever seen tracking explicitly call out that something is in the hands of customs.

• Like 3